HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 183: Havent You Ever Seen

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Nick0930

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Good times. Pop the champagne!

Old
11-16-2012, 02:47 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I haven't played a Call Of Duty game since ancient times when it wasnt an online game, but apparently the new one just did in excess of $500 Million in top-line revenue in 24 hours?

That. Is. Amazing.

EDIT: No way in hell I'm going to spend $60 on a video game, but if I want to try one of these for fun, would it make sense to buy one of the old ones like Modern Warfare for $10 for the gf's Wii, or does nobody play those online anymore? (i.e. is it like an online ghosttown or would there be people playing).

Old
11-16-2012, 02:53 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

I'm sure there will be plenty of people still playing MW3. All the nerds who complain about the new COD. Happens every time.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Cowbell232

I don't play video games... but when a new one comes out you get three groups of people.

1) People who are so good at the old one they don't want to move.
2) People who can't or don't want to afford the new one.
3) Kids who are waiting for Christmas.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Which is exactly why that sentence didn't have a sarcasm icon slapped on it, right?

Why does everything have to be taken personally around here?

Old
11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I haven't played a Call Of Duty game since ancient times when it wasnt an online game, but apparently the new one just did in excess of $500 Million in top-line revenue in 24 hours?

That. Is. Amazing.

EDIT: No way in hell I'm going to spend $60 on a video game, but if I want to try one of these for fun, would it make sense to buy one of the old ones like Modern Warfare for $10 for the gf's Wii, or does nobody play those online anymore? (i.e. is it like an online ghosttown or would there be people playing).
I'm sure its a ghost town. Its really old, Game is better on everything else (xbox/ps3/pc) and Wii's online is terrible. You have to know peoples Wii Friendship numbers. You cant just jump in with a bunch of randoms

Old
11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
I'm sure there will be plenty of people still playing MW3. All the nerds who complain about the new COD. Happens every time.
Are there so many people playing these games that there are still plenty of people on MW, MW2, and MW3, all? Or do any of them end up being empty? And is there still a version where you just play against the computer? I know nothing (obviously) about this crap anymore.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Scott04

Since the call of duty series alternates which company makes it every year, you can probably get last year's version and have no problems. Since Black Ops 2 just came out, Modern Warfare 3 should have more than enough people still playing it. Maybe the original Black Ops still has a good chunk on there, possibly even Modern Warfare 2. I just think its a diminishing chance with each year back you go.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
well **** my face
You can pay people for these kinds of things.

11-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Nick0930

Some people also move on to the next COD because the game eventually gets hacked. I played the first Modern Warfare last year and every server I went to had different hacks like unlimited ammo and being able to fly around the map. This was on PS3.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:48 PM
CerebralGenesis

My brother still plays the old CoD games. I'm sure some of the older ones aren't far removed from this latest one anyway. As you can tell, I don't play CoD much.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Need more Filip Bondy!

Yes I quoted Rhodes because I am not skilled enough to post the picture myself!

Old
11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I'm predicting this is a future 2013 Darwin Award nominee (possibly winner)

Quote:
Protester vows to dress as coyote to disrupt hunt in New Mexico
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/n...parks-protests

Old
11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Turmoil in the Middle East. Oh boy, what else is new?
I say let them go at it and whoever comes on tops wins. I am tired of having to get involved with that place. The whole world should just ignore them because all they want is our attention again. Just take out the innocent people and let them have at it.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:17 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Are there so many people playing these games that there are still plenty of people on MW, MW2, and MW3, all? Or do any of them end up being empty? And is there still a version where you just play against the computer? I know nothing (obviously) about this crap anymore.
Well the one made in 2010, Black Ops, still has plenty of people on from what I have seen. I'm sure it's the same for MW3. I can't speak for MW1 or 2. If by computer you mean campaign mode, yes. All the campaign modes are awesome and don't require online play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I say let them go at it and whoever comes on tops wins. I am tired of having to get involved with that place. The whole world should just ignore them because all they want is our attention again. Just take out the innocent people and let them have at it.
The thing is we can't really do that. Especially when it involves Israel. We are responsible for their well being and are the reason they are there in the first place.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
I'm predicting this is a future 2013 Darwin Award nominee (possibly winner)

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/n...parks-protests
Use guns to win contest. Prize - more guns!

Vicious circle.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
njhockeyfan

Group think is dangerous

retraction

Last edited by njhockeyfan: 11-16-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: over reaction on my part
Old
11-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhockeyfan View Post
I have lurked here for quite some time to get devils news and to get a feel for what devils fans think.

I have enjoyed the banter in the OT thread that is not political related as a distraction from all the hockey related or locked related heavy news.

Now I know this thread if off topic, yet politics are suposed to be off limits but I have to say the hostility towards non democrat party/liberal thinking is very disturbing.

I don't find this forum to be very inclusive or inviting if you are not a democrat or liberal.

Sad to think that it is hard to find news to watch that is not too biased either conservative or liberal.

But now my sports related activities now have divisive politics interjected into them.

How about if everyone no matter what their political bent, would take one day and adopt the opposite view of what they normally would and attempt to view the world through that prism. Maybe we all could see how polarized and unbiased all the coverage has become. And knowing this take a look at how we can move so called "news" organizations into actually providing news. If we can accomplish this then maybe all these polarized discussions will subside.

Then this thread can return back to talking about dating, wrestling, vacations, cooking, electronics and happy topics that are a great distraction from hockey or in the situation we are now in which is no hockey.

sorry, needed vent.

First and last post.

LIES EVERYWHERE!!

Old
11-16-2012, 04:29 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Well the one made in 2010, Black Ops, still has plenty of people on from what I have seen. I'm sure it's the same for MW3. I can't speak for MW1 or 2. If by computer you mean campaign mode, yes. All the campaign modes are awesome and don't require online play.
Yes, aka the "old school" way, if old school can apply to video games. I'm sure I'd enjoy it just as much not having to deal with 15 year olds that play 25 hours per day and know every square inch of every map, every cheat code, and every exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Use guns to win contest. Prize - more guns!

Vicious circle.
If by "viscous" you mean, awesome, then yes. The prize isn't just a "gun", it's a Browning auto-loading shotgun. Those suckers are like $1300 - $1500 depending, and a phenomenal home defense choice.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
I know the original Modern Warfare and probably MW2 are infested with hacking now that their servers aren't being monitored.

I didn't but the last COD game but I might get the new one.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:14 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Well that was the worst day ever.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
VaxjoDevil

Let's whine about political posts by writing a political post.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

I'm a conservative and am not offended by any posts in this thread. I let BG do the conservative talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
Well that was the worst day ever.
TGIF

Old
11-16-2012, 05:31 PM
njhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Let's whine about political posts by writing a political post.

You are one of the most guilty.

But I apoligize for the post. I let this hyper partisan political environment get to me.

I have appreciated everyone's diverse hockey options in the hockey related threads and I have appreciated this thread diversion from hockey and I have appreciated the mods in this thread for their discretion and restraint.

Please ignore.

Thanks

Old
11-16-2012, 05:38 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhockeyfan View Post
You are one of the most guilty.

But I apoligize for the post. I let this hyper partisan political environment get to me.

I have appreciated everyone's diverse hockey options in the hockey related threads and I have appreciated this thread diversion from hockey and I have appreciated the mods in this thread for their discretion and restraint.

Please ignore.

Thanks
Not that they're perfect, but Al-Jazeera and BBC tend to have more information-based coverage of American news events.

Closed Thread