HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 183: Havent You Ever Seen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 01:51 AM
  #876
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
I've actually been sleeping in so much it's not even funny. Yesterday I woke up at 5pm.

But yeah, I'm a pretty strong insomniac anyway. I wish hockey was around so I could actually do something with my time. I miss having breakfast in bed while watching the Devils play the Kings, Ducks, or any team in the pacific time zone.
I miss staying up until 2:00 AM Eastern when the coverage of the West Coast games were wrapping up. Now I sit in here with the TV on ABC or something, and don't even know what's really on.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:33 AM
  #877
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
If you ask someone a question on the internet that you can find in under 30 seconds on Google... You're doing it wrong.
Even lmgtfy ceased to be useful after a while. He just never got it.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
  #878
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
i'm hoping to be an aunt for the first time some time today!!

selyar is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:11 AM
  #879
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
The way some black people get ashamed when they see black people acting crazy in WORLDSTARHIPHIP videos is how I felt when I'd read Korean Devil's posts.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
  #880
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
i never noticed his posts/questions...the only thing i knew about mjb was that he was some sort of asian. i guess i was lucky..

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
  #881
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
What if I started imitating MartyOwns imitating someone else? That's some meta-level **** right there.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
  #882
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,024
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
What if I started imitating MartyOwns imitating someone else? That's some meta-level **** right there.

__________________


Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  #883
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Not having a car sucks but at least its getting fixed and only gotta pay $1,800 compared to around 3k. lol

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
  #884
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
you guys are too much

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:25 PM
  #885
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
you guys are too much
you know whats too much?

how much money I can make sitting on my ass 18 hours a day.

__________________
[size="1"]"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
  #886
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,515
vCash: 500
Also, speaking of Koreans... I'm eating this bibimbap at an unhealthily fast pace.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
  #887
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
2 questions for the TaN. anyone with expertise, who I haven’t pissed off in the past, please feel free to weigh in
1…my car. 09 acura…but its silver. I got it for the price, but I’d love to have it painted a different color. has anyone ever done this? does it actually come out looking good? any idea on costs/potential problems?
2…money. I have a substantial amount of money in my savings account. I’ll provide the number if needed. I’d like to invest this in such a way that my interest return is the most substantial. any thoughts? any companies you think would be good for me to work with on this?
thanks all!

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
  #888
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
2 questions for the TaN. anyone with expertise, who I haven’t pissed off in the past, please feel free to weigh in
1…my car. 09 acura…but its silver. I got it for the price, but I’d love to have it painted a different color. has anyone ever done this? does it actually come out looking good? any idea on costs/potential problems?
2…money. I have a substantial amount of money in my savings account. I’ll provide the number if needed. I’d like to invest this in such a way that my interest return is the most substantial. any thoughts? any companies you think would be good for me to work with on this?
thanks all!
1) Its not really that cheap.

2) Solves problem 1, doesn't it?

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:00 PM
  #889
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
don't get your car painted. sell it and buy a car in the color you want if it means that much to you. if you get it painted it will either cost a LOT or come out looking like ****.

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:03 PM
  #890
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,766
vCash: 500
Remember people... starting Sunday night is another toll increase for bridges and tunnels. $.75 this time.

So it's $12.75 to cross the GWB, Holland, Lincoln, Outerbridge, Goethals, Bayonne

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
  #891
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Remember people... starting Sunday night is another toll increase for bridges and tunnels. $.75 this time.

So it's $12.75 to cross the GWB, Holland, Lincoln, Outerbridge, Goethals, Bayonne
thanks for the update. I'm going to drive across all of them as much as I can before the toll hike so I get my money's worth.

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  #892
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
I never thought I would use "speaking of bloody shows, ..." in my life.

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  #893
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,766
vCash: 500
It's effing ridiculous. Another $.75 increase is planned for next year. So between now and then, anyone commuting to NYC for work is asked to come up with almost $400 a year on the increases alone.

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
  #894
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
thanks all! i'll deal with the silver

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
  #895
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,024
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
2 questions for the TaN. anyone with expertise, who I haven’t pissed off in the past, please feel free to weigh in
1…my car. 09 acura…but its silver. I got it for the price, but I’d love to have it painted a different color. has anyone ever done this? does it actually come out looking good? any idea on costs/potential problems?
2…money. I have a substantial amount of money in my savings account. I’ll provide the number if needed. I’d like to invest this in such a way that my interest return is the most substantial. any thoughts? any companies you think would be good for me to work with on this?
thanks all!
1) Get to like silver more.

2) Aren't you married? How did you get extra money?

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
  #896
**** Farise
Registered User
 
**** Farise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
Anyone ever try negotiating with an auto insurance adjuster on the value of a totaled car?

This agent is short changing me by at least 1k. I totaled a '92 3000GT VR-4 with 55,600 miles. The car was bought for 9k with ~48k miles on it 2 years ago, and within the next few months had roughly 2k worth of maintenance done to it. Including the 60k mile service, fixing a dented oil pain (this can lead to fuel starvation and the engine dying), and replacing a faulty knock sensor. If I had wanted to sell it before the crash, I would have listed it at 10.5-11k and not have settled below 9500. That is the value of this car, having owned 3 of them in my life, I know what they go for and what the market is. Especially since it's 20 years old now and qualifies as a classic. And she's trying to only give me 7700. No matter how much facts I suggest to her (listing prices of the same model cars for sale in the area, how it's a late production '92 built with a stronger transmission that makes it more valuable to people in the market for these cars, etc) she just keeps saying she "cant" adjust the value. Which is bull.

Edit - According to KBB the value is between 8200 and 8800. And according to NADA Guide - Low Retail is $5250, Average is $12150, and High is $17800.

Can anyone offer advice in this scenario?


Last edited by **** Farise: 11-30-2012 at 01:36 PM.
**** Farise is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:31 PM
  #897
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
1) Get to like silver more.

2) Aren't you married? How did you get extra money?
not married. living with the gf. dont want to get married since its an outdated institution, IMO, and completely pointless as I'm not religious (nor is she). she still wants to, but only because disney filled her head with crap since she was 2.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  #898
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
not married. living with the gf. dont want to get married since its an outdated institution, IMO, and completely pointless as I'm not religious (nor is she). she still wants to, but only because disney filled her head with crap since she was 2.
hey. i happen to be a fan of the crap disney filled my head with..


also, contractions are 3 minutes apart now. it's almost nephew time!

selyar is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  #899
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 39,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
Anyone ever try negotiating with an auto insurance adjuster on the value of a totaled car?

This agent is short changing me by at least 1k. I totaled a '92 3000GT VR-4 with 55,600 miles. The car was bought for 9k with ~48k miles on it 2 years ago, and within the next few months had roughly 2k worth of maintenance done to it. Including the 60k mile service, fixing a dented oil pain (this can lead to fuel starvation and the engine dying), and replacing a faulty knock sensor. If I had wanted to sell it before the crash, I would have listed it at 10.5-11k and not have settled below 9500. That is the value of this car, having owned 3 of them in my life, I know what they go for and what the market is. Especially since it's 20 years old now and qualifies as a classic. And she's trying to only give me 7700. No matter how much facts I suggest to her (listing prices of the same model cars for sale in the area, how it's a late production '92 built with a stronger transmission that makes it more valuable to people in the market for these cars, etc) she just keeps saying she "cant" adjust the value. Which is bull.

Edit - According to KBB the value is between 8200 and 8800. And according to NADA Guide - Low Retail is $5250, Average is $12150, and High is $17800.

Can anyone offer advice in this scenario?
Not sure if I have advice, but I've seen people go through this. It's common with insurance. I've always wondered if my car gets totaled what value do they give me? Trade in? Private party? I really hope not to find out. How did you total it? I'm pretty sure they don't take into account the maintenance you've done to it. Either way sorry to hear it.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
  #900
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I don't get it...

yakitate304 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.