Notices

Moving to Minneapolis!

Old
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

vCash: 500
Moving to Minneapolis!

I'm getting furloughed from my current job at the Jetport in Portland, Maine on Monday. Got the notice about 6 weeks ago, so I started looking for work.

Found a job in Minneapolis working for Delta. Found a place to live, and the move happens in approximately 13 hours.

I've spent the last two days packing and I've got just about everything I'm actually bringing. Clothes, TV, XBox, laptop, cables, SKATES, movies, pictures, etc. Hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Looking forward to moving to the State of Hockey! And the Delta flight benefits are so good. Nonstop service to all NHL cities...

MSPGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Best of luck....

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:00 AM
duckchobbins

Good luck! That's quite the move there.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBruins231 View Post
I'm getting furloughed from my current job at the Jetport in Portland, Maine on Monday. Got the notice about 6 weeks ago, so I started looking for work.

Found a job in Minneapolis working for Delta. Found a place to live, and the move happens in approximately 13 hours.

I've spent the last two days packing and I've got just about everything I'm actually bringing. Clothes, TV, XBox, laptop, cables, SKATES, movies, pictures, etc. Hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Looking forward to moving to the State of Hockey! And the Delta flight benefits are so good. Nonstop service to all NHL cities...
Don't forget your stuffed bear!

Ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:47 AM
GordonHowe

Good luck! This will doubtless be an adventure.

And say hey to Zach & Ryan for me.

"Goin' to the Gophers game tonight? Yah, yah."

"The Departed," et. al., meet "Fargo."

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 147
Best of luck !

11-10-2012, 05:36 PM
BubbaBoot

Minneapolis can get cold for sure, but I've always had a good time whenever I was there. The people are pretty cool.....except maybe when you wear your Bruins jersey to a Wild game?

BubbaBoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Good luck!

I was born and raised in Minneapolis until I moved to Boston for college. My brother and most of my family still live there so we travel often (and yeah, often by Delta, of which MSP is a hub).

Couple tips....

Best BBQ joint is Ted Cook's 19th Hole at 38th and Hiawatha....not far from the airport; you can actually take the Hiawatha Light Rail line from the Humphrey Terminal and be there in 15 mins. For a northern outpost, Ted's BBQ is pretty good.

Ice scraper; Live it, love it. Invest in a good one, it'll be worth it. And electronic car starter is worth it too.

The Juicy Lucy burger from Matt's Bar on 35th and Cedar Ave....you'll thank me later.

If you like quirky, Pyscho Suzi's Motor Lounge in NE MPLS is a great place.

The downtown areas are mostly financial, pretty dead after 6pm most days.

As for sports....Target Field is a great venue, but watching the Twins can be painful. The Metrodome is a dump, as bad as it looks on TV. target center for the NBA, meh. Don't park downtown to go to any of these...take the aforementioned light rail for a whole 4 bucks round trip.

Xcel for the Wild is a great venue for hockey. It's got all the jerseys for the HS hockey teams in the state hanging throughout the concourse. Mariucci Arena, where the U of M hockey teams play, is on the level of pro style rinks. Even without the NhL, you'll get great WCHA hockey to follow....and the MN states high school hockey tourney showcases a lot of guys that'll make it to the NHL someday.

I love Boston and don't see us ever leaving....but there's a lot of things I miss about the Twin Cities. Let me know if you want some more "insider" tips.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Minneapolis can get cold for sure, but I've always had a good time whenever I was there. The people are pretty cool.....except maybe when you wear your Bruins jersey to a Wild game?
Nah, not even. Only Time MN fans might give someone crap is if it's a football fan wearing Green Bay Packer swag.

They like good hockey. If you're respectful and enjoying the game for the sake of the game, you'll be among friends.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:00 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Good luck!

I was born and raised in Minneapolis until I moved to Boston for college. My brother and most of my family still live there so we travel often (and yeah, often by Delta, of which MSP is a hub).

Couple tips....

Best BBQ joint is Ted Cook's 19th Hole at 38th and Hiawatha....not far from the airport; you can actually take the Hiawatha Light Rail line from the Humphrey Terminal and be there in 15 mins. For a northern outpost, Ted's BBQ is pretty good.

Ice scraper; Live it, love it. Invest in a good one, it'll be worth it. And electronic car starter is worth it too.

The Juicy Lucy burger from Matt's Bar on 35th and Cedar Ave....you'll thank me later.

If you like quirky, Pyscho Suzi's Motor Lounge in NE MPLS is a great place.

The downtown areas are mostly financial, pretty dead after 6pm most days.

As for sports....Target Field is a great venue, but watching the Twins can be painful. The Metrodome is a dump, as bad as it looks on TV. target center for the NBA, meh. Don't park downtown to go to any of these...take the aforementioned light rail for a whole 4 bucks round trip.

Xcel for the Wild is a great venue for hockey. It's got all the jerseys for the HS hockey teams in the state hanging throughout the concourse. Mariucci Arena, where the U of M hockey teams play, is on the level of pro style rinks. Even without the NhL, you'll get great WCHA hockey to follow....and the MN states high school hockey tourney showcases a lot of guys that'll make it to the NHL someday.

I love Boston and don't see us ever leaving....but there's a lot of things I miss about the Twin Cities. Let me know if you want some more "insider" tips.
I do not have a car. So no ice scraper or car starter for me!

I'm like 2 blocks away from Ted Cook's. Planning on going once I get paid.

I was at the airport for 5 minutes today and had 3 locals tell me about the Juicy Lucy. That's on the list too.

MSPGabe is offline   Reply With Quote