HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Anti-Gay Bill in Uganda to Pass.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:20 PM
bombers15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Maybe get a tune-up on your brain and refrain from allowing yourself to come to such a spurious conclusion. The only thing deterministic is your faulty perception systems.
That's exactly what he meant. As you can see two posts above.

bombers15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:26 PM
bombers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You cant group every economy together from Africa

- How many African economies were wrecked by civil war?
- How many were wrecked by mismangement under iidiotic ideals? (Zimbabwe forcing out the farmers and taking land and destroying its agricultural sector)
- How many were destroyed by invasion from neighboring countries?
- How many were destroyed by famine/natural disasters?

And when it comes to Uganda ,,, The removal of Asian community devastated the economy as many of the business owners/Skilled top workers thru entire country were Asian

They were removed cause a dictator was terrified of them as a threat to his political power

And Zimbabwe's economy was built around its world renown agricultural sector ,, The gov destroying that sector was reason that economy collapsed

Europeans have to take there share of blame for struggles of Africa ,, But not everything is there fault and most of the worst disasters which have occured over last 40 years are not on the hands of Europeans

And North Africa shows that just because you were abused and colonized by Europe doesn't mean you are unable to move forward as some give excuse to struggles of East Africa and parts of Southern Africa. Norht Afirca has higher levels of development economically/politically/socially/militarily despite sharing many of the colonial nightmares as rest of Africa

South Africa has gone out of its way to avoid the pitfalls that have fallen upon DRC/Uganda/Zimbabwe.. That is one of the reasons that South Africa has been successful in transitioning many of its institutions from White Apartheid rule to Majority Black with stability and been able to grow its economy/political clout/etc

They knew from watching Zimbabwe/Uganda that forcing out skilled White/Asian communities would be mistake (Also in South Africa you also have the Coloured comminity in sizeable #'s as well)

Uganda is responsible for most of its own misery with its choices since the end of Colonial rule... This law and the effects it will have on economy/international relations , etc is there own making
Every country has its unique circumstances, sure. But to suggest that Africa as a whole doesn't share some commonalities in the history of its poverty is just idiotic. There are some overarching circumstances that helped to create such a bleak situation. If Zimbabwe didn't force out the white people, it's not as if the country today would have a standard of living like Denmark while the rest of the continent remained poor.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
slip

For more disgusting homosexual behavior, check out this little nugget.

The horror!

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
What is preventing heterosexual couples from f i s t ing?
If you're referring to the guy in the video, he's using the audiences ignorance to smear homosexuals as sick freaks, if he pointed out that straight people do these things as well he'd be delivering an anti-Western message instead.

Either way you're talking about an evangelical preacher from Africa, logic and reason are hardly their strong points.

Quote:
And what is the point of f i s ting anyway? Seems hurtful.
I guess it's just one of those things people do simply because they can. Can't say I see the appeal in it either. I suppose there might be some aspect of control/humiliation or the sense of doing something wrong/dirty that draws people to it as well.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:12 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers15 View Post
That's exactly what he meant. As you can see two posts above.
You make no sense at all.

Now you are saying that after a clarifying post your magical conclusion is right about a supposed deterministic view? Bizarro

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:23 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Every country has its unique circumstances, sure. But to suggest that Africa as a whole doesn't share some commonalities in the history of its poverty is just idiotic. There are some overarching circumstances that helped to create such a bleak situation. If Zimbabwe didn't force out the white people, it's not as if the country today would have a standard of living like Denmark while the rest of the continent remained poor.
Most of what ModHawks post says is true. Bombers, you are still coming to faulty conclusions and you are doing it in a hyperbolic manner.

Instead of trying to come to conclusions (faulty) based in ModHawks' information why don't you come to a conclusion based on what he is NOT offering to the argument.

The IMF, WTO and world banking systems have all, but rendered Africa into a Jim Crow state. World banking systems have made Africa into a debt-ridden saddle bag with little self-determination.

If you want to add to the argument, Bombers, then offer something.

Zimbabwe's ill-adivised move to take away arable land from the white farmers was a self-deterministic move. Very naive, but still it was a self-deterministic move.

And I know this is just one person, but a friend of mine came here from Zimbabwe, got his education and is ready to go back and get some work done for his country.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
bombers15

Quote:
Most of what ModHawks post says is true. Bombers, you are still coming to faulty conclusions and you are doing it in a hyperbolic manner.

Instead of trying to come to conclusions (faulty) based in ModHawks' information why don't you come to a conclusion based on what he is NOT offering to the argument.

The IMF, WTO and world banking systems have all, but rendered Africa into a Jim Crow state. World banking systems have made Africa into a debt-ridden saddle bag with little self-determination.

If you want to add to the argument, Bombers, then offer something.

Zimbabwe's ill-adivised move to take away arable land from the white farmers was a self-deterministic move. Very naive, but still it was a self-deterministic move.

And I know this is just one person, but a friend of mine came here from Zimbabwe, got his education and is ready to go back and get some work done for his country.
I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. You're not making sense. A lot of Africa's (and, hence, Zimbabwe's) poor economy can be traced to geographic factors, as explained by Jared Diamond. I'm not saying that kicking out white farmers turned out awesome. But ModHawks was suggesting that it was the main reason why Zimbabwe is poor. Which it isn't. There are bigger factors at play. It's not that crazy of a thing for me to suggest.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:04 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. You're not making sense. A lot of Africa's (and, hence, Zimbabwe's) poor economy can be traced to geographic factors, as explained by Jared Diamond. I'm not saying that kicking out white farmers turned out awesome. But ModHawks was suggesting that it was the main reason why Zimbabwe is poor. Which it isn't. There are bigger factors at play. It's not that crazy of a thing for me to suggest.
You bombed again, Bombers. There is no way that ModHawks was claiming that was the main reason for Zimbabwe's current failures. He may have offered only one aspect at that time, but instead of assuming his position may I suggest you offer something or ask for clarification?

You came to a faulty conclusion and now you are just scrambling.

But alas, you have finally offered something; Jared Diamond. I'm guessing that you are referring to 'Guns, Germs, and Steel?

Like I posted earlier, Bombers, this argument has come down the chicken or the egg controversy.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:20 AM
bombers15

Quote:
You bombed again, Bombers. There is no way that ModHawks was claiming that was the main reason for Zimbabwe's current failures. He may have offered only one aspect at that time, but instead of assuming his position may I suggest you offer something or ask for clarification?

You came to a faulty conclusion and now you are just scrambling.

But alas, you have finally offered something; Jared Diamond. I'm guessing that you are referring to 'Guns, Germs, and Steel?

Like I posted earlier, Bombers, this argument has come down the chicken or the egg controversy.
It's pretty hard not to take this quote as meaning anything different. It sure seems like he's suggesting that the core reason their economy crumbled was because of forcing out the whites. But hey, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Those countries forcing out minority White/Asian communities + Native Educated middle class is the core reason there economies crumbled
I just don't happen to agree. I think the reason for Zimbabwe's poor economy is much more complicated.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
It's pretty hard not to take this quote as meaning anything different. It sure seems like he's suggesting that the core reason their economy crumbled was because of forcing out the whites. But hey, maybe not.

I just don't happen to agree. I think the reason for Zimbabwe's poor economy is much more complicated.
So, which is it, bombers? Tossing out white people was your gripe before and now it is this? Offer something or find another member to play your circular game.

Old
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
bombers15

Quote:
So, which is it, bombers? Tossing out white people was your gripe before and now it is this? Offer something or find another member to play your circular game.
What are you even talking about anymore? You're not making any sense. My gripe was simplifying a country's economic woes to one thing.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
ddawg1950

Well, no matter what, there won't be anymore of that homo behavior in Uganda.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Well, no matter what, there won't be anymore of that homo behavior in Uganda.
Yeah, those damn sodomists had it coming, or something like that.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah, those damn sodomists had it coming, or something like that.
How could they not see it?

Old
11-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
As a gay friend of mine once said upon passing anti-gay protesters in Indiana of all places, "Those idiots are so gay."

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
How could they not see it?
..maybe the bill came up from behind?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
..maybe the bill came up from behind?
...and it wasn't a bill.

Maybe an Idi?

Old
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
What are you even talking about anymore? You're not making any sense. My gripe was simplifying a country's economic woes to one thing.
And around and around we go. That is right you did as a function of the white farmers comment. No matter how much you flounder you are still coming to spurious conclusions about how people analyze something.

You argue like a conservative. You took one or two simple statements and concluded that those were the only two statements under consideration. Even saying "core reason" , whether right or wrong, does not imply a single idea.

Sorry for going out of my way to defend you ModHawks, but bombers' style needs to be called out.

That **** drives me nuts.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
...and it wasn't a bill.

Maybe an Idi?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
My grandkids do the same thing to me...AKA, Papa's one liners.

I've got to get new material.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:21 AM
bombers15

Quote:
And around and around we go. That is right you did as a function of the white farmers comment. No matter how much you flounder you are still coming to spurious conclusions about how people analyze something.

You argue like a conservative. You took one or two simple statements and concluded that those were the only two statements under consideration. Even saying "core reason" , whether right or wrong, does not imply a single idea.

Sorry for going out of my way to defend you ModHawks, but bombers' style needs to be called out.

That **** drives me nuts.
I quite literally have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

It was suggested that the core reason for Zimbabwe's poor economy was kicking out white farmers. I said it wasn't that simplistic. That's it.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:37 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
I quite literally have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

It was suggested that the core reason for Zimbabwe's poor economy was kicking out white farmers. I said it wasn't that simplistic. That's it.
No, you didn't say deterministic. Nope. Not at all. And you have no idea what I am talking about because haven't a clue of your own motives. Would you like me to break it all down for you step-by-step? Self-awareness is not your strong suit and this is why you don't know what I am talking about.

Moving on now.

So, Jared Diamond?

Old
11-20-2012, 07:49 AM
bombers15

Quote:
No, you didn't say deterministic. Nope. Not at all. And you have no idea what I am talking about because haven't a clue of your own motives. Would you like me to break it all down for you step-by-step? Self-awareness is not your strong suit and this is why you don't know what I am talking about.

Moving on now.

So, Jared Diamond?
Your paragraphs might make sense to you, but they need some help. I seriously don't know what to say because I have no clue as to what you're trying to argue.

I'm happy to talk about Jared Diamond. I think a lot of what he wrote has value in explaining the economies of Africa. Which goes back to the beginning of what I have been saying in this thread - that Africa's (including Uganda and Zimbabwe) poor economy can't be understood by a simplistic explanation such as, I don't know, white farmers. Et cetera.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Funniest thing in that preacher video was watching the guy demonstrate how gay men lick each others *******s. Now that is experience and confidence wrapped in one.

Tubby Tuke is offline   Reply With Quote