HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive help to Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 12:43 PM
  #126
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Robidas for a 2nd?
For a 3rd? We don't have a 2nd.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  #127
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Ottawa needs an offensive, right D-man to replace Gonchar next year. If Murray wants to add a top-4 D-man this season to fix any depth issues, that's the player he should be adding.
Raphael Diaz and Yannick Weber are cheap options for that if the sens have a prospect that can fill that role in a year, or 2.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
  #128
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Raphael Diaz and Yannick Weber are cheap options for that if the sens have a prospect that can fill that role in a year, or 2.
No, they can't really.. I don't see either of the Swiss connection filling our shutdown need, they are undersized for what we need..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:27 PM
  #129
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Raphael Diaz and Yannick Weber are cheap options for that if the sens have a prospect that can fill that role in a year, or 2.
We just lost Kuba and are about to lost Gonchar. There will be a massive gap between Karlsson and our 2nd best offensive dman very soon. We need a top-4 dman and those guys don't fit the bill.

Stassino, I don't see any shutdown need with Phillips, Methot, Boro and Cowen when he returns. The long term desperate need on the team is another offensive dman.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
  #130
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greendale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Vishnovsky trade?

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
  #131
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
We just lost Kuba and are about to lost Gonchar. There will be a massive gap between Karlsson and our 2nd best offensive dman very soon. We need a top-4 dman and those guys don't fit the bill.

Stassino, I don't see any shutdown need with Phillips, Methot, Boro and Cowen when he returns. The long term desperate need on the team is another offensive dman.
Agreed. If we're going to trade for a Cowen replacement, I'd prefer it to be a short-term rental type guy... someone mentioned Robidas, who for a year, I think would look real good in a Sens jersey. The guy gets the most out of his body size than almost any other NHLer. I'm a fan, but not necessarily of his age (he turns 36 this season). He's probably got one more good season in him until the wheels start really falling off the wagon... Unless he started taking Nick Lidstrom pills.

Agreed that long-term, we're going to need a legit 2nd pair PMD. It looks like we might have that in Ceci, but he's at least 3 years away, IMO.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
  #132
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Rentals are the last thing the Sens need right now. Last thing.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
  #133
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Rentals are the last thing the Sens need right now. Last thing.
Depends on the price.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
  #134
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Depends on the price.
Sens turned a 7th rounder into Wikstrand... therefore I would not trade a 7th rounder for Robidas

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:02 PM
  #135
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Sens turned a 7th rounder into Wikstrand... therefore I would not trade a 7th rounder for Robidas
Worst logic ever.

The Red Wings selected Zetterberg in the 7th round, so by that logic, Rasmus Bodin is worth more than an established top-4 defenceman who can help immediately.

Just thinking about it literally makes me want to cry.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:06 PM
  #136
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Worst logic ever.

The Red Wings selected Zetterberg in the 7th round, so by that logic, Rasmus Bodin is worth more than an established top-4 defenceman who can help immediately.

Just thinking about it literally makes me want to cry.
Worst logic ever. Zetterberg was drafted... how many years ago now?

The Sens have been striking gold in the later rounds recently, excuse me for not wanting to trade those picks away for 1 year of a washed up 3rd pair Robidas.

I'll take my chance with Patty Wiercioch thank you very much

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
  #137
AbsolonMoreau*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Worst logic ever. Zetterberg was drafted... how many years ago now?

The Sens have been striking gold in the later rounds recently, excuse me for not wanting to trade those picks away for 1 year of a washed up 3rd pair Robidas.

I'll take my chance with Patty Wiercioch thank you very much
Oh god you were serious about that? You trade a 7th for a legit roster player in a place of need any time you can.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
  #138
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
I feel the Euge would agree as well... 3 point whatever million for Robidas? that's a no no

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:15 PM
  #139
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Worst logic ever. Zetterberg was drafted... how many years ago now?

The Sens have been striking gold in the later rounds recently, excuse me for not wanting to trade those picks away for 1 year of a washed up 3rd pair Robidas.

I'll take my chance with Patty Wiercioch thank you very much
Oh, so if you RECENTLY got lucky with a 7th round pick, then ALL 7th round picks are worth gold. Despite the fact that before Wikstrand, our 7th rounders are: Bryce Aneloski, Ryan Dzingel, Michael Sdao, and Emil Sandin. We're MAYBE 1/5 on 7th rounders in the past 5 years. And Wikstrand is still a long-shot to be an NHLer, let alone an impact NHLer.

But you won't move a 7th rounder for Stephane Robidas. Right. OK then.


BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:15 PM
  #140
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Oh god you were serious about that? You trade a 7th for a legit roster player in a place of need any time you can.
Robidas doesn't really fill a need. Especially not at his price tag.


Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Wiercioch
Lundin/Borowiecki - Gonchar
Lundin/Borowiecki


I'm down with that. eff Robidas

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
  #141
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Oh, so if you RECENTLY got lucky with a 7th round pick, then ALL 7th round picks are worth gold. Despite the fact that before Wikstrand, our 7th rounders are: Bryce Aneloski, Ryan Dzingel, Michael Sdao, and Emil Sandin. We're MAYBE 1/5 on 7th rounders in the past 5 years. And Wikstrand is still a long-shot to be an NHLer, let alone an impact NHLer.

But you won't move a 7th rounder for Stephane Robidas. Right. OK then.

They are all good prospect minus Sandin. Wikstrand and Sdao have NHL potential for sure, and Aneloski and Dzingel are long shots but can't be dismissed yet.

Also, not specifically 7th rounders, but 4th-5th-6th-7th rounders.


Robidas is too expensive.. money and assets are better spent elsewhere. 1 year 3rd pair rental who isn't that much better than Wiercioch imo... not worth it.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  #142
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
They are all good prospect minus Sandin. Wikstrand and Sdao have NHL potential for sure, and Aneloski and Dzingel are long shots but can't be dismissed yet.

Also, not specifically 7th rounders, but 4th-5th-6th-7th rounders.


Robidas is too expensive.. money and asstes are better spent elsewhere. 1 year 3rd pair rental who isn't that much better than Wiercioch imo... not worth it.
Look man, you're entitled to your opinion. At the very least, I respect the fact that you're so stubborn, there's no way I or anyone else is going to change your point of view, so I'm not going to try to dissect this any further.

Just know that your opinion is both hilariously wrong, and does not reflect the views of 99.8% of Sens fans. Just want to throw that out there for any Dallas fans who might find these past couple of posts.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:23 PM
  #143
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Look man, you're entitled to your opinion. At the very least, I respect the fact that you're so stubborn, there's no way I or anyone else is going to change your point of view, so I'm not going to try to dissect this any further.

Just know that your opinion is both hilariously wrong, and does not reflect the views of 99.8% of Sens fans. Just want to throw that out there for any Dallas fans who might find these past couple of posts.
It reflects the view of Eugene Melnyk.


I don't see the point of paying $ and picks to upgrade slightly

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:25 PM
  #144
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
It reflects the view of Eugene Melnyk.
OK there, "Eugene". Have another 9 beers at Bert's, the first 9 clearly didn't cloud your judgement enough.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:26 PM
  #145
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
OK there, "Eugene". Have another 9 beers at Bert's, the first 9 clearly didn't cloud your judgement enough.
financial reasons. he's a cheapskate

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:30 PM
  #146
MovesLikeJagr68
Registered User
 
MovesLikeJagr68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
therefore I would not trade a 7th rounder for Robidas

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
  #147
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
you guys seriously do not grasp how awful Robidas is right now. He's not an All Star anymore... so so far from it. He's awful. Not a top 4.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:35 PM
  #148
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
financial reasons. he's a cheapskate
No no no, YOU said before it's because we drafted Wikstrand with a 7th, so you wouldn't move a 7th for Robidas. It's up there, less than 20 posts ago.

Changing your tune so soon?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:37 PM
  #149
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
No no no, YOU said before it's because we drafted Wikstrand with a 7th, so you wouldn't move a 7th for Robidas. It's up there, less than 20 posts ago.

Changing your tune so soon?
??

I'm not allowed to have more than 1 reason?

Money, just a slight upgrade and good drafting is why is I don't want Robidas

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
  #150
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Hainsey could be available.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.