HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive help to Ottawa

Old
11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
??

I'm not allowed to have more than 1 reason?

Money, just a slight upgrade and good drafting is why is I don't want Robidas
Oh, you can have as many reasons as you want. I just want to be sure we're not backtracking from the original response.

Also: we're currently icing the 3rd cheapest team in the NHL, spending more than only the lowly Islanders and Coyotes. And we're under the cap (though who knows where th cap will be once a deal is reached). An extra $3 mil is nothing, especially considering Cowen's deal is insured, so in real dollars it's only like an extra $2 mil on the books for Robidas, not $3.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Hainsey could be available.
Never been much of a fan of Hainsey (he's crazy-inconsistent... a very hot-and-cold type player), and the contract sort of sucks (though he's only scheduled to make $3 mil salary on the $4.5 mil cap hit - declining salary structure) but if the Jets are willing to move him at a cheap enough price, maybe.

Again, not a fan, but if he came cheap enough, maybe. He's a pure rental, and might give Borowiecki some time to get comfortable (as Boro hasn't been great this year in the AHL, and might not be ready).

Old
11-18-2012, 11:16 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Oh, you can have as many reasons as you want. I just want to be sure we're not backtracking from the original response.

Also: we're currently icing the 3rd cheapest team in the NHL, spending more than only the lowly Islanders and Coyotes. And we're under the cap (though who knows where th cap will be once a deal is reached). An extra $3 mil is nothing, especially considering Cowen's deal is insured, so in real dollars it's only like an extra $2 mil on the books for Robidas, not $3.
And if Euge was willing to have spent more, an top 4 UFA defenseman would have been signed (instead of trading for Methot) while also keeping Foligno.

The cap floor issue is a non issue. Melnyk's goal is to spend the least amount possible.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:32 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
And if Euge was willing to have spent more, an top 4 UFA defenseman would have been signed (instead of trading for Methot) while also keeping Foligno.

The cap floor issue is a non issue. Melnyk's goal is to spend the least amount possible.
Why would I trust you -an internet stranger- as an authority on this, over MYSELF, who up until this past August (due to me moving to SE Asia) was actually an employee of the Ottawa Senators?

I think I'm going to trust the hundreds of people who work for the team, and the conversations I had with others who were in the building 7 days a week, over you. No hard feelings.

Just... y'know... I'd trust Eugene Melnyk about Eugene Melnyk's goals more than some kid on the internet's best guess on Eugene Melnyk's goals. Call me crazy, right?

Old
11-18-2012, 11:42 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Why would I trust you -an internet stranger- as an authority on this, over MYSELF, who up until this past August (due to me moving to SE Asia) was actually an employee of the Ottawa Senators?

I think I'm going to trust the hundreds of people who work for the team, and the conversations I had with others who were in the building 7 days a week, over you. No hard feelings.

Just... y'know... I'd trust Eugene Melnyk about Eugene Melnyk's goals more than some kid on the internet's best guess on Eugene Melnyk's goals. Call me crazy, right?
Melnyk will spend when the time comes... right now, not so much.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:22 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Back to the topic of Tallinder, I think there is definately a deal to be worked out here. My proposal is:

Tallinder

for

Driedger + 3rd line forward or B-tier forward prospect

Anything you guys would be interested in?

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:28 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Back to the topic of Tallinder, I think there is definately a deal to be worked out here. My proposal is:

Tallinder

for

Driedger + 3rd line forward or B-tier forward prospect

Anything you guys would be interested in?
Fair value I guess, Sens aren't in a position to be giving away a 3rd liner though.

Personally I wouldn't be against Driedger and a mid prospect, but some Sens fans are against the idea of a stopgap option, so in that case they won't want Tallinder regardless of the price.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:37 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Fair value I guess, Sens aren't in a position to be giving away a 3rd liner though.

Personally I wouldn't be against Driedger and a mid prospect, but some Sens fans are against the idea of a stopgap option, so in that case they won't want Tallinder regardless of the price.
Yeah I think a lot of NJ fans would rather see Tallinder dealt for established players as well. I personally think we need forward spects badly, and having another solid goaltending prospect who is still in the CHL never hurts either

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 449

Douglas Murray
Conditional 3rd (Murray re-signing)

Shane Prince

Ottawa is very deep in left wing prospects, Nieto is the only notable one for San Jose. Gives the Senators a very hard hitting D-man with great positioning without losing any roster players.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post

Douglas Murray
Conditional 3rd (Murray re-signing)

Shane Prince

Ottawa is very deep in left wing prospects, Nieto is the only notable one for San Jose. Gives the Senators a very hard hitting D-man with great positioning without losing any roster players.
Value's not too far off. I'd probably want the condition lifted on the 3rd if we were really getting down to brass tacks.

All this being said, good luck convincing the majority of the Sens fanbase that trading away homegrown former-67's is a good idea .

I also find it amusing that the one team that covets Prince as much as we do is San Jose, or as I like to call them, "67's South".

Old
11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
We just lost Kuba and are about to lost Gonchar. There will be a massive gap between Karlsson and our 2nd best offensive dman very soon. We need a top-4 dman and those guys don't fit the bill.

Stassino, I don't see any shutdown need with Phillips, Methot, Boro and Cowen when he returns. The long term desperate need on the team is another offensive dman.
I just think if we are going to replace cowen for a season, that we go for a shutdown man.

If we have an NHL season this year and Gonchar goes, we are in trouble and I'd definately focus more on getting an Offensive D-Man..

In the long term, no questions asked we should be looking for another puck mover

I'm essentially agreeing with you

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Ceci will be in the NHL next year. If Bingo makes the playoffs, I expect Ceci to be assigned there once the 67's are done.

2013/14
Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci
Phillips/Weircioch
Boro

Just need help for one season if there is a season.

I suspect if we start up this year

Methot/Karlsson
Lundin/Gonchar
Phillips/Weircioch
Boro

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote