HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brisebois poll

View Poll Results: Are you a fan or Brisebois or not ?
Yes 30 31.25%
No 15 15.63%
I'm not a fans and I don't hate him . 51 53.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Brisebois poll

Are you a fan or Brisebois or not ?

Old
09-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Higgins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
Are you a fan or Brisebois or not ?
funny how bob makes a comment defending brisebois and all of a sudden he's a fan favorite. Can't believe I'm the only one who voted no so far. Do I boo him when he touches the puck? no. Do I hope he has a terrible season? hell no. I also wouldn't trade him unless we got a solid player out of it.

But am i a fan of his? no way. I cursed his name out more than any other player last year. The truth is he makes brutal plays at the most inopportune moments.

Hopefully he turns it around this year. Hopefully he turns me into a fan. hopefully he's not the same old brisebois we've grown to hate.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:34 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
I am a habS fan, so I like "almost" every player.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:57 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Wow, I'm so happy there's so much people voting yes. Brisebois is one of the most underrated guy on the board, especially by the habs fans.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:00 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
Wow, I'm so happy there's so much people voting yes. Brisebois is one of the most underrated guy on the board, especially by the habs fans.
I don't think so. Most people on this board admit that Brisebois has offensive skills and is good at controlling the play on the powerplay, but I feel his defensive mistakes are overshadowing his offensive contribution, hence why he's not appreciated by fans.

He does have his qualities (not many of them mind you), but while they know exactly what are his qualities, some posters prefer bashing him and talking about what he does wrong and did wrong in the past.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:04 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

What I find strange is that Brisebois is actually good defensively. Not great or anything but on 90% of the plays, he's doing the job. But sometimes he's doing mistakes or taking risks. That doesn't even happens every games! He's also one of the best, if not the best, dman in the team to get the puck out of the defensive zone! How will the transition game be without Brisebois?? Good luck with saying it will be alright!

Old
09-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
What I find strange is that Brisebois is actually good defensively.
If you think he's good defensivly, I'm glad we don't have any bad defensive d-man, eh..

I'm not a fan, not a hater, I'm objective; when he makes a bad play, I'll see it, but I won't boo. When he makes a nice play, I'll cheer. As simple as that.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:57 AM
Habs4Life

Everyone deserve's a second chance...

I think we will see a new Brisebois this year..
He has something to prove this year to the fans and to the staff of the montreal canadien's and also his teammates.
I think we will see the same type of play he had in the 93 playoff's when the habs took the cup.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:16 AM
Lewis63

He's an Offensive Dman so of course he takes chances. If he gets 30+ points I'm fine with him. They should pair him up with a "Stay at home" defense (Sourray, Bouillon, not Traverse) so that Brisebopis can fully play the style that he is good at.

He's not a favorite of mine but I don't want him to do bad either. He's been a montreal Canadiens for a long time (10+ years) so we should give him some respect for that.

Those fans booing him all they do is bring his confidence down wich in turn makes him play more on his heels (french expression: jouer sur les talons) and makes more mistakes. Hockey is all about confidence. People booing are not only hurting Brisebois but the whole team.

Hope Brisebois gets a good season in mtl or elsewhere.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Everyone deserve's a second chance...

I think we will see a new Brisebois this year..
He has something to prove this year to the fans and to the staff of the montreal canadien's and also his teammates.
I think we will see the same type of play he had in the 93 playoff's when the habs took the cup.
A second chance? He's already had his second chance, third chance, fourth chance, etc.

I'm in the same boat as Higgins (the poster). I don't want him to get booed and play terrible, but I still think he's a crappy d man.

He continually makes those soft, up the middle passes. He's been doing it for years and will keep on doing it for years. I hope he gets traded this year. We have the depth to deal with it.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:43 AM
skidboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I don't think so. Most people on this board admit that Brisebois has offensive skills and is good at controlling the play on the powerplay, but I feel his defensive mistakes are overshadowing his offensive contribution, hence why he's not appreciated by fans.

He does have his qualities (not many of them mind you), but while they know exactly what are his qualities, some posters prefer bashing him and talking about what he does wrong and did wrong in the past.

actually it is what he did in the past and continues to do to this very day.

He makes the same mistakes now as he did when he entered the league.

A leopard can't change its spots and Brisebois is a wuss.

I voted NO.

keep defending Teflon Breezer....

Old
09-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Brisebois is one of the most underrated guy on the board

Oh wait, he's not talking about me

And to answer the question, I'm still a die-hard Brisebois fan (along with the~franchise and Russian Fan)

Old
09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I voted "I`m not a fan but I don`t hate the guy"

I feel like such a band wagon jumper...with breezy I was one of those guys who wanted him off the team at the end of last year than this year I hear he`s bulked up and has had a good showing in training camp and now I`m ready to give him another chance.

I`ve always hated watching games where the "fans" are booing brisebois. This dosn`t only affect brisebois it would affect everyone on the ice. I don`t think there`s anything a team could do that would make a true fan boo them. Sure I don`t want to see the habs floating around the ice putting up a pathetic performance but I still won`t boo em. Most of the reason I wanted brisebois off the team was for this reason...he`s obviously not liked by the fans maybe the whole team would be better off without him atleast this way they wouldn`t boo there own team. But I also wouldn`t want to loose brisebois (who is a good defeceman) for nothing the way we lost Weinrich. But that`s just me.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:32 AM
tritone

Not a fan but...

Voted no because i'm not a fan. Hoping for the amount of time he has left with the Habs that he plays well but also really anxious to see him traded so we can stop mulling over wether his offensive skills are worth his defensive blunders and lack of grit.

Gainey's comments were fine with me. I think no matter how much you dislike a player you still should refrain from booing because in the end you're only hurting the very team you love.

And ... why on earth have they been booing him in the pre-season anyway? From what I've heard he's been playing very well and hasn't made any mistakes that warrant being booed .

Does anyone have any pre-season examples of any blunders he has made thus far?

Old
09-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
And ... why on earth have they been booing him in the pre-season anyway? From what I've heard he's been playing very well and hasn't made any mistakes that warrant being booed .
That's true he has been playing very well, especially during the last game where he was booed. Made a couple of small mistakes but nothing big, anyway nothing worst than the other Dmen playing that night.

But Brisebois' play doesn't enter into the equation of the boobirds' "logic" anymore. He's going to get booed (harassed) no matter what he does, making him more nervous on the ice and hurting the whole team.

But it's so fun playing Brisebois' bully...

Old
09-29-2003, 04:41 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone

Does anyone have any pre-season examples of any blunders he has made thus far?
I believe for the most part (not all) he's being booed by those, who feel secure enough in a crowd, to be able draw attention to themselves (gang mentality).

It's the same assinine behaviour that results in kids being bullied by gangs at school, or has led to people being tarred and and feathered not so long ago. We have to accept it as human nature.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:43 AM
Sam I Am

I, for one, would love to see Brisebois have a career season...or at least up until the trading deadline.

Before eveyone gets all mushy, remember that Brisebois, in great measure, merits the low esteem in which he is held. His play has often been slack and timid. Putting aside the reaction he evokes from fans as well as his mid-season jaunt to Paris, Brisebois is the first d-man that should be traded off the Habs. Our defense ,we must continue to get younger and tougher. On the right side, Rivet is both younger, tougher and has some offensive abilties. Quintal is our single toughest player and one of the few to stick up for his mates. Komisarek is untouchable. That makes B.B. the only choice.

It has long been time for Brisebois to continue his career elsewhere. With the emergence of Markov and the imminent arrival of Komisarek, the Habs can easily get by without his offensive ability. What remains is to convince another team that Brisebois may very well flourish out of the incesssant media attention that comes with playing in Montreal.

The problem is well-known to fams and GMs alike: B.B. is a skilled player who by virtue of his huge contract and off-ice piccadillos has virtually no trade value at the moment. Let's see him step it up offensively the way we know he can while avoiding the highlight reel blunders which have become his specialty. Then maybe...just mayb...a contending team will bite at the trading deadline.

Closed Thread