Old
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Recchi’s advice to NHLers: Sign CBA, get back to work

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...nwO/story.html

Quote:
Recchi was stunned three years ago when the players abruptly fired Paul Kelly as the union’s executive director, and was among the very few in the Bruins’ dressing room to let his feelings known, especially to teammate Andrew Ference, who helped lead the mutiny against Kelly. He felt Kelly was the right man for the job, someone who could protect the players’ best interests while also working to build on a true partnership with the league.

“A dark time,’’ said Recchi, reflecting on Kelly’s ouster. “And it has been frustrating to see how it’s played out, obviously. If Paul had stayed on the job, I don’t think you would have seen this happen. The two sides would have started talking long before, maybe a year sooner [in 2011], and not with two or three months to go before [the CBA] expired. There would have been something in place, absolutely. And now here they are, trying to get to 50 percent [an even split of revenue] and also trying to make everyone whole. Well, you know, with the escrow we paid, I know I wasn’t made whole over the last few years I played. That’s just the way it was and we accepted it.’’

All in all, said Recchi, he believes it’s time for the players “to think like businessmen.’’

“They have to think, what is best?’’ he said, reflecting again on the players’ ongoing objection to the possibility that not all contracts will be made whole. “Are they better to get 90 percent of what they’re due, or are they better to get zero?’’

Old
11-13-2012, 07:43 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Quiet Mark, you make too much sense...

I wonder if since Rex is no longer a Bruin he will be piled on here for these comments..

Old
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Quiet Mark, you make too much sense...

I wonder if since Rex is no longer a Bruin he will be piled on here for these comments..
I am interested in hearing from the Ferrence spin machine.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Guerin said the same thing a while back, but it's a lot easier to say it now that they're no longer under contract.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
WBC8

Quote:
I am interested in hearing from the Ferrence spin machine.
Yeah you would think if Ference is truly as "Wholesome" as everyone says he is, he would detest a scum like Don Fehr... Interesting.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Guerin said the same thing a while back, but it's a lot easier to say it now that they're no longer under contract.
True, but it also tells me there may be a decent contingent of current NHL players that feel the same way he does during these negotiations..

Old
11-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Dupont. I'm shocked! Shocked!

Old
11-13-2012, 07:50 AM
WBC8

:18 AM ET 09.27 | Across the league, a growing number of rank-and-file members now realize that union executive director Paul Kelly was broomed out of office Aug. 31 as the result of a calculated, plotted campaign that once again has sullied not just the NHLPA, but the entire stick-carrying brotherhood that numbers upward of 750 members. Andrew Ference, who soon could be among a collection of player representatives losing their jobs, looked embarrassingly out of touch last week when he told the Globe's Fluto Shinzawa that the membership did not vote Kelly into office in the fall of 2007. He used that belief, though incorrect, to justify why the rank-and-file didn't have to be asked to vote before Ference and 21 other player reps bounced Kelly from office in a pre-dawn decision Aug. 31 in Chicago.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Jagr had similar comments about a month ago.

But he also is an owner of a team.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:51 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Yeah you would think if Ference is truly as "Wholesome" as everyone says he is, he would detest a scum like Don Fehr... Interesting.
Why? donald fehr maybe scum but he's doing his job. You and me might not like it but this is his job? what makes him so evil? I'm mean he's as greedy as bettman is. Do you hate Scott Boras as much for doing his job and getting players paid? is bettman or the owners evil for wanting more even those most of the them are millionaires? Both sides are being greedy.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:54 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Why? donald fehr maybe scum but he's doing his job. You and me might not like it but this is his job? what makes him so evil? I'm mean he's as greedy as bettman is. Do you hate Scott Boras as much for doing his job and getting players paid? is bettman or the owners evil for wanting more even those most of the them are millionaires? Both sides are being greedy.
He is? The players have already lost 2 months pay which they are never going to see.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I wonder how Iginla feels, losing 7mil the first lockout, now loosing money again.

And for what, his future members? Fighting the good fight will not keep money that could have been made from going away.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:56 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Dupont. I'm shocked! Shocked!
Dupont has been very pro-player during this thing...I would be suprised if he was siding with Recchi's train of thought on this one.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
True, but it also tells me there may be a decent contingent of current NHL players that feel the same way he does during these negotiations..
Just based on the number of players I would imagine there are tons of guys who feel this way, but I'm sure they don't speak up too much because they don't want to take heat from the union.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
He is? The players have already lost 2 months pay which they are never going to see.
That's the sad thing too, Fehr seems to believe that the players should still be paid for the games they never played. I mean, yeah the owners signed the contracts, and it's not a player strike, but no games means no cash for anyone IMO.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
If the players had a problem with fehr they would do anything they could toss him aside. I don't think some of the high priced talent like it too much but we'd be hearing much more about a mutiny and he'd be gone.

Quote:
I wonder how Iginla feels, losing 7mil the first lockout, now loosing money again.

And for what, his future members? Fighting the good fight will not keep money that could have been made from going away.
You don't think he knew that going in? If he doesn't have fehr ear thats on him. Yes i believe a good amount of the players feel this lockout can help out the membership going forward. Do I feel this will happen, probabley not. But the players wanted fehr.. they had to know this was a strong possibility.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Just based on the number of players I would imagine there are tons of guys who feel this way, but I'm sure they don't speak up too much because they don't want to take heat from the union.
Do you honestly believe that? the big money guys are losing money as we speak. The crosby's and the bigger names that are still state side are bending fehr's ear. No way they aren't. People are acting like the PA is not there and fehr and bettman are just waiving their richards at each other. I'm not the biggest fan of fehr. But the membership hired him for this specific reason. They knew he was a ball buster.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Keep the lockout talk in the lockout thread.

Sorry guys.

Closed Thread