HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Prospects and Picks needed, Detroit wants to rebuild (hypothetical)

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2005, 02:11 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Prospects and Picks needed, Detroit wants to rebuild (hypothetical)

What would be your offer for some of these current Red Wings Players or Prospects. Detroit would be looking to aquire Prospects and Picks in these deals. Offer away.

Old
02-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
What would be your offer for some of these current Red Wings Players or Prospects. Detroit would be looking to aquire Prospects and Picks in these deals. Offer away.

*checks pockets*

37 cents
1 piece of string
1 lighter, blue

What can I get for that?

Seriously though, if you're rebuilding, why would you trade prospects?

Old
02-08-2005, 02:20 PM
txpd

Here's an idea:
To Detroit: Tomas Flieschmann and a 3rd round pick
To Washington: Robert Lang and $1.5m per year left on his contract.

Old
02-08-2005, 02:33 PM
xtra

To Vancouver: Derrian Hatcher + 2.5 million dollars per year of his contract

To Det: Krill Kolstov + Denis Grot + 2nd 2005 + 8th 2008

Adds some toughness and a cup winner to the canucks blueline as well as more leadership:

Jovo-Hatcher
Ohlund-Salo
Sopel-Allen

Old
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings

Seroiusly, why would they want to trade away propects right now???

Old
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Seroiusly, why would they want to trade away propects right now???
I thought that some of Detroit's prospects could be used as extras in deals to upgrade future talent (egg. so and so to them for so and so and Tomas Kopecky.)

Hypothetical!

Old
02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Because its hypothetical

So ...here my offer;

Pavel Datsyuk

for

The only one : RON HAINSEY
Habs first
Tomas Plekanek
Locke

Old
02-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Reilly311

I've been wanting detroit to rebuild for a couple seasons now. The only players I don't want them to trade away are Zetterberg and Kronwall. Everyone else can go IMO.

Old
02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
Because its hypothetical

So ...here my offer;

Pavel Datsyuk

for

Habs first
Tomas Plekanek
Locke
I'm not sayin the value is good or bad other than it wouldn't make much sense for Detroit. I can't see them trading Fischer, Kronwall, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEBEAGLE
washington get datsyuk and zetterberg detroit gets 1st,2nd and 3rd in the next draft if the 1st is not the first pick in that draft. If it is , we give stana and a first the following year
Not even close.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Reilly311

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEBEAGLE
washington get datsyuk and zetterberg detroit gets 1st,2nd and 3rd in the next draft if the 1st is not the first pick in that draft. If it is , we give stana and a first the following year
Look, you can't ask a team to trade 2 of the leagues brightest young stars for a 1st pick ONLY if it isn't 1st overall. That's ridiculous. You're underestimating how awesome Zetterberg will be and Datsyuk is already an All-Star.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:19 PM
JF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
Because its hypothetical

So ...here my offer;

Pavel Datsyuk

for

Habs first
Tomas Plekanek
Locke
I don't think Detroit would be interested to trade Datsuk and even if they did, I fail to see why Montreal would be looking for another center. We already have Koivu, Ribeiro and Bonk and I don't see anyone of them playing on the 4th line. I think if we were to make a big trade similar to this, it would be to obtain a number 1 defenseman or a big first winger with talent, our most urgent need (and I'm not saying this package of players would land these kind of players).

Old
02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs make a pitch for Holstrom or Draper. I think McCarty would add some grit but his salary is too high, if I recall it's 2.1M or so. I don't know what the Wings would want for Holstrom or if they would move him, but the Habs could spare a prospect for sure.

Old
02-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Cerebral

to Edm: Henrik Zetterberg or Pavel Datsyuk
to Det: Edm 1st 2005, Jeff Woywitka, Phi 3rd 2005

I'm not really sure of the value here but Edmonton could definitely afford to move one of their bluechip prospect d-men if it helped obtain a top line centerman.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:05 PM
fischer8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
to Edm: Henrik Zetterberg or Pavel Datsyuk
to Det: Edm 1st 2005, Jeff Woywitka, Phi 3rd 2005

I'm not really sure of the value here but Edmonton could definitely afford to move one of their bluechip prospect d-men if it helped obtain a top line centerman.

Very interesting proposal and essentially you are trading the assets that Edmonton received in the Comrie trade. As a Wings fan I like the high draft choice, something Detroit hasn't had in a long, long time and the young defensive prospect with size. I don't know Woywitka's game, but if he plays physical its even more intriguing. I still don't know if I, as Ken Holland, would pull the trigger on this, but its intriguing in my opinion.
One of the interesting parts of this proposal is who do you trade as a Wings fan? Datsyuk was an all-star last year and Zetterberg wasn't too shabby either. So who would you keep? It would be a tough choice for me, but I am of the opinion that Zetterberg will develop some grit and be a more complete player for the Wings. I've heard that in Sweden they call him the "crown prince" to Forsberg. Not too bad for someone that was drafted 210th overall...

Old
02-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischer8
Very interesting proposal and essentially you are trading the assets that Edmonton received in the Comrie trade. As a Wings fan I like the high draft choice, something Detroit hasn't had in a long, long time and the young defensive prospect with size. I don't know Woywitka's game, but if he plays physical its even more intriguing. I still don't know if I, as Ken Holland, would pull the trigger on this, but its intriguing in my opinion.
One of the interesting parts of this proposal is who do you trade as a Wings fan? Datsyuk was an all-star last year and Zetterberg wasn't too shabby either. So who would you keep? It would be a tough choice for me, but I am of the opinion that Zetterberg will develop some grit and be a more complete player for the Wings. I've heard that in Sweden they call him the "crown prince" to Forsberg. Not too bad for someone that was drafted 210th overall...
I'd personally push for Zetterberg as an Oilers fan as he has a pretty solid two-way game and I think he'd fit in very well with our current lineup. Unfortunately, Zetterberg is one of the guys that Holland would probably hold on to if the Red Wings were forced to start rebuilding.

Old
02-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischer8
I actually would prefer to get Datsuyk over Zetterburgh from an oiler perspective. I also think the offer above it to light to get teh deal done. If the oil wants either of those player i bet they have to part with something else as well with a minor pick coming back.

Something like:

To det: woywitka, edm-1st, Rita and a 3rd
to edm: Datsyuk and a 5th

Old
02-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Zoo

If I was Ottawa...

Holmstrom to ottawa for 3rd round pick and Josh Langfeld

Old
02-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I actually would prefer to get Datsuyk over Zetterburgh from an oiler perspective. I also think the offer above it to light to get teh deal done. If the oil wants either of those player i bet they have to part with something else as well with a minor pick coming back.

Something like:

To det: woywitka, edm-1st, Rita and a 3rd
to edm: Datsyuk and a 5th
Datsyuk would sure look good as an Oiler. I'd love to see him on a line with Smyth and Hemsky...

Old
02-08-2005, 11:33 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
If I was Ottawa...

I was thinking the same thing... but either Weller or Bochenski instead of the 3rd.
Langfeld has almost no value.

Old
02-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Oiltalk

I've always liked Zetterberg. In any trade that includes prospects I'd be Schremp would be going the other way along with some picks. Not sure if it would be ideal with the Oilers lack of centers, and abundance on wingers though. Datsyuk is a nice player. Not to sure what Detroit would want for him.

Old
02-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Alfie#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
If I was Ottawa...

This is a better example of the types of moves that I think Detroit would make. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the return but the player involved.

If the Wings get into cap trouble, they'll move guys like Maltby, Draper and Holmstrom to save money. They aren't going to trade good young players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Fans of teams with expected cap space are going to be disappointed with what will be available to them. The Wings won't be dealing Zetterberg, the Leafs won't be dealing Kaberle...these are the players they need to keep. What teams with cap space will find are decent players that are somewhat overpaid.

Old
02-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Zoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
I was thinking the same thing... but either Weller or Bochenski instead of the 3rd.
Langfeld has almost no value.
Yeah, But I wouldn't let Bochenski go just yet. He's gonna be a good one. As for Langfeld, I just put him in there as throw in.

Old
02-09-2005, 12:20 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo
Yeah, But I wouldn't let Bochenski go just yet. He's gonna be a good one. As for Langfeld, I just put him in there as throw in.
I think he might be good too. But in terms of this year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years...
the addition of Holmstrom may effect Bochenski's chance of making the team. The 3rd rounder may become a younger Bochenski, who will be ready just in time for Holmstrom's retirement.

Old
02-09-2005, 02:33 AM
bleedgreen

if your not trading the big prospects, then i would say vrbata for williams, im sure canes fans wouldnt like that one, but i think jason is underused in greg johnson kinda a way. i would also offer oneill + vrbata/brendl/bayda/fast for kronwall.

Closed Thread