HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

SM-liiga and Mestis in English (jatkoaika.com)

Old
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
SM-liiga and Mestis in English (jatkoaika.com)

Brought to you by the posters of the biggest hockey forum in Finland. For anyone interested in what is going on in the leagues.

SM-liiga: http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showthread.php?t=54072

Mestis: http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/showthread.php?t=54100

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:14 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
More like for anyone who is interested in what is going on in the heads of Jatkoaika posters.

No need to demean them though. It's definitely entertaining. But the informational content is zero. It's essentially a contest of who can figure out the silliest direct translation for a Finnish native term that really shouldn't be translated in the first place.

This public service announcement was brought to you by Posters' Intelligence Tutelage Agency.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
CPFC

Yeah, the joke gets old pretty quickly. Nerdy Finnish humor doesn't translate that well.

CPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Finnpin

If I remember correctly there was already a thread here about when that page started?

I found nothing funny about that jatkoaika thread... just people trying to be funny and failing in it.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:40 AM
QnebO

Never liked jatkoaika.. tried years and years ago, but the forum is so horrible to use imo.. It looks like horse ****, its pain in the ass to try to surf around it. And I do not demand much from visual side.. but that's too horrible, no thanks.

I also like to be here, where we have international conversations about everything... its just many times better. The SM-Liiga talk could be more active, thought, but the NHL talk is million times better here, and thats the most important thing, atleast at the season when its not actually an lockout.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:00 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Never liked jatkoaika.. tried years and years ago, but the forum is so horrible to use imo.. It looks like horse ****, its pain in the ass to try to surf around it. And I do not demand much from visual side.. but that's too horrible, no thanks.
What's this? A post that demeans Jatkoaika, but no complaint about the moderating? Preposterous.

A disclaimer: Just so no one thinks I was mocking the poster, I prefer the HFBoards style meself, rather than whatever that thing is over there they copied from Kim Yong Fatso's playbook.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote