HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Zachary Yuen interview. Opening questions to the fans.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:54 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Zachary Yuen interview. Opening questions to the fans.

Hey Jets fans,

I will be interviewing Tri City Americans and future Winnipeg Jets defenseman, Zachary Yuen very shortly. Whenever I've done interviews in the past, I do my best to let the fans get the majority of the questions in since they are the ones who will be watching the interviewee in the next few years. It's a nice opportunity to get true fans involved and I must say, you guys have a fantastic defenseman in the making.

If you have anything you'd like to ask Zach, feel free to post in this thread or PM me. I will try my best to get every question in. Thanks and hopefully this season starts up soon.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:09 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
How does he get such sky high plus/minus stats?

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Tintin's Ghost

It's really cool of you to reach out to fans in this fashion.

Questions...

The Jets prospect camp in July was ambitious in its goals. What was your overall impression of the week in Winnipeg?

Was there any specific knowledge you gained or specific items you could take away with you from the prospect camp and apply to your game in the Dub and development? If so, what specifically did you take away?

What grade in piano did you reach?

Thanks

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:35 AM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Hey Jets fans,

I will be interviewing Tri City Americans and future Winnipeg Jets defenseman, Zachary Yuen very shortly. Whenever I've done interviews in the past, I do my best to let the fans get the majority of the questions in since they are the ones who will be watching the interviewee in the next few years. It's a nice opportunity to get true fans involved and I must say, you guys have a fantastic defenseman in the making.

If you have anything you'd like to ask Zach, feel free to post in this thread or PM me. I will try my best to get every question in. Thanks and hopefully this season starts up soon.
Thanks for reaching out!! I saw Zach at camp this summer and I was particularly impressed with him in a four corner drill. The drill tested the prospects four way skating and puck handling ability in a tight box and for my money Zach stood out as the best prospect in this drill by a wide margin that day IMHO.

I would like to ask him what specific direction did the jets organization give Zach in regards to his development plan? What do they want him to work on this year?

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Q for Yuen: what do you feel is single biggest positive you'll add to the Jets line-up, given the way you play your game?

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Conflicted Habs fan

I'd be interested to know what new thing his piano skills can add to hockey Better stick handling? Better sense of rythmn?

Conflicted Habs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:11 AM
GmC

What current or former NHL player do you model your game after?

GmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Huffer

Where do you see yourself in 2 years? 5 years?

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
MadMen88

How much do you expect to make in the prime of your career? 3 million? 300,000? What are your thoughts on the future of NHL salaries?

MadMen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

From a Chinese-Canadian HF poster:

Q: You're the first Chinese-Canadian defenseman ever drafted in the NHL. We've all been confronted with stereotypes to some extent in our lives. Was part of your interest in hockey ever tied to challenging Asian stereotypes? It's possible you might acquire a fanbase amongst Asians due in part to your ethnicity. I don't want to make comparisons to Jeremy Lin just yet...but how do you feel about that? Should we get ready for Yuensanity?

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Keep the questions coming. These are great.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
From a Chinese-Canadian HF poster:

Q: You're the first Chinese-Canadian defenseman ever drafted in the NHL. We've all been confronted with stereotypes to some extent in our lives. Was part of your interest in hockey ever tied to challenging Asian stereotypes? It's possible you might acquire a fanbase amongst Asians due in part to your ethnicity. I don't want to make comparisons to Jeremy Lin just yet...but how do you feel about that? Should we get ready for Yuensanity?
That's awesome.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Does he plan on adding to his offensive game? As he's viewed more as a primarily defensive defenseman.

What does he think the team needs to do to start replicating the success they've had in the past?

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

What does he think about the current lockout

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:26 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

What does he think of the pairing of Zach and Zach?

I only say that half joking I know Yuen might not project to be a top 4 D man but as Holden pointed out in another post D prospects are harder to gauge and many come from mid to late rounds. imagine a very steady, puck moving, stay at home, defensively sound Yuen with Bogosian in his prime, that could be a nice blend.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:08 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
What does he think of the pairing of Zach and Zach?

I only say that half joking I know Yuen might not project to be a top 4 D man but as Holden pointed out in another post D prospects are harder to gauge and many come from mid to late rounds. imagine a very steady, puck moving, stay at home, defensively sound Yuen with Bogosian in his prime, that could be a nice blend.
Which Zach with which Zach? We got three...
Redmond, Bogosian and Yuen....

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

China is undergoing controversial secret experiments in human dna cloning. Have you ever been contacted by Chinese secret agents who would like you to volunteer dna samples in order to create a new line of Chinese professional hockey players?

Conflicted Habs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Which Zach with which Zach? We got three...
Redmond, Bogosian and Yuen....
Heck of a point garret! I was thinking Yuen and Bogo at some point down the road but one never knows

Old
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
puck stoppa

I sure liked him at the dev. camp this summer as well. I would ask him this: What do you need to do to make that next jump to the pros, what part of your game needs to improve?

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Im a big fan of Yuen as I see a lot of potential..... This potential will be almost certainly be fine tuned on "THE ROCK" in St jOHNS. My question is .......does he see himself in St Johns next year? Has he been following the Ice caps successfull start both on the ice and off( sold out 40 straight games 6000 + fans per game). General feeling on the AHL as a development league next step for him in making the NHL ( JETS).

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:24 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Finished the interview. Been very busy with school and work but I'll do my best to get up the article/interview this weekend and post it here. Big thanks to all of you for the help.