HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Riley Sheahan Arrested

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
  #176
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
This does make the extreme make more sense. Still surprised nobody else was in the car, keep in mind on the stupid costume he is a rookie, that sounds exactly like something I would make a rookie on my team do. Good luck picking up a girl in a teletubbies costume.
I think I saw a picture of Sheahan and Parkes in those Halloween costumes on Twitter that day. Can't find it anymore, they probably deleted it.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:12 AM
  #177
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
I thought this thread would have a lot more buzz going on after that teletubby report. I for sure thought it'd be at around 12-13 pages after the allegation of how Sheahan got Smith's ID.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 05:13 AM
  #178
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Gah... detroit keep drafting them troublemakers

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:26 AM
  #179
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
I thought this thread would have a lot more buzz going on after that teletubby report. I for sure thought it'd be at around 12-13 pages after the allegation of how Sheahan got Smith's ID.
No kidding. There's some photoshop potential, that's for sure.

But it is what it is. We've all weighed in one how we feel about his crime.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:42 AM
  #180
Xvash2
Registered User
 
Xvash2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,058
vCash: 500
Maybe he should've stayed in college a little longer and learned to be a responsible adult before jumping to the minors.

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:10 AM
  #181
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
Maybe he should've stayed in college a little longer and learned to be a responsible adult before jumping to the minors.
Yeah... because frat parties would really speed that process along...

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
  #182
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
There are plenty of Pat Robertsons lecturing about Teletubbies in this thread

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
  #183
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Somewhere patty kane is saying, "id like to party with this guy."

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  #184
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
Somewhere patty kane is saying, "id like to party with this guy."
Somewhere is Switzerland

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
  #185
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Well pictures have leaked of him in the costume.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:08 PM
  #186
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Found the full video.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...s-a-teletubby/

Hard to hear at times. He does comply immediately with officers.

Was having a little trouble with the yahoo link so in case others did I found another one, it should be the second picture which is a video on the yahoo link.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-28-2012 at 07:15 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:33 PM
  #187
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
He could get deported for this.

He won't, because athletes are coddled and not subject to the same rules as the rest of society, but theoretically he could be deported.

Super.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM
  #188
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D
 
Frozen Fiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kalamazoo
Country: United States
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 50
Oooo are we doing teletubbie avatars?

And my dog is named Riley. He's never gotten a DUI.

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
  #189
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
There's a video I won't be watching.

Lord... the "news" business these days.

20-year-old drunk driver in Halloween costume... let's release the video a month later just to humiliate him...

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:05 PM
  #190
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
Maybe he should've stayed in college a little longer and learned to be a responsible adult before jumping to the minors.
Lol have you been to college recently? The amount of drinking and partying its ridiculous... I don't get how these people will function in real life lol

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  #191
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He could get deported for this.

He won't, because athletes are coddled and not subject to the same rules as the rest of society, but theoretically he could be deported.

Super.
He could. It's not like he's an established superstar. He's an AHL guy and not a big name.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM
  #192
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He could get deported for this.

He won't, because athletes are coddled and not subject to the same rules as the rest of society, but theoretically he could be deported.

Super.
A judge recommended Probert be deported at the the highest point of the war on drugs with a coke charge and it didn't happen.

I have my doubts he gets deported on this. Especially because the state of Michigan will want all of his fines and to charge him. A lot of that goes up in smoke if you deport someone.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
  #193
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
There's a video I won't be watching.

Lord... the "news" business these days.

20-year-old drunk driver in Halloween costume... let's release the video a month later just to humiliate him...
I was surprised this was out before his actual trial. Maybe they are unhappy about the not guilty plea or being able to get after Smith for the ID being with him. It does seem interesting that this is already out there. I know a lot of this is public record, but this seems quick from what I understand of that process.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
  #194
Konnan511
#Loyalty
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Studies has shown that individuals who started drinking in their teens were less prone to be alcoholics later in life. Can't find the study right now but it was a quite intresting read.
I research on it for a paper way back and that study was done with Europeans, mainly focused on Italians.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
  #195
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I was surprised this was out before his actual trial. Maybe they are unhappy about the not guilty plea or being able to get after Smith for the ID being with him. It does seem interesting that this is already out there. I know a lot of this is public record, but this seems quick from what I understand of that process.
I think Smith could actually get in worse trouble than Sheahan. Smith needs to throw him under the bus, ASAP. Maybe not say the ID was stolen, but Smith could be in serious trouble if Sheahan didn't just "borrow" Smith's ID without asking. Or something.

Or maybe they both need to get smacked for this. I dunno. .30 is borderline unconscious.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:11 PM
  #196
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I think Smith could actually get in worse trouble than Sheahan. Smith needs to throw him under the bus, ASAP. Maybe not say the ID was stolen, but Smith could be in serious trouble if Sheahan didn't just "borrow" Smith's ID without asking. Or something.

Or maybe they both need to get smacked for this. I dunno. .30 is borderline unconscious.
Harder than you think, I have yet to hear of someone getting in big trouble for this in all of my years hearing about it.

There is a reason that Smith hasn't been charged, when you get caught with it you just say you were going to return it or something along those lines.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
  #197
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
A judge recommended Probert be deported at the the highest point of the war on drugs with a coke charge and it didn't happen.

I have my doubts he gets deported on this. Especially because the state of Michigan will want all of his fines and to charge him. A lot of that goes up in smoke if you deport someone.
Immigration is far more strict than it was in 1990.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:38 PM
  #198
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Immigration is far more strict than it was in 1990.
I realize the ID is a wild card in this but the other part didn't mean much for Nikolai Khabibulin.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
  #199
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Harder than you think, I have yet to hear of someone getting in big trouble for this in all of my years hearing about it.

There is a reason that Smith hasn't been charged, when you get caught with it you just say you were going to return it or something along those lines.
The easy way out:

Smith asked Sheahan to hold on to it because he didn't have any pockets, Sheahan showed the wrong ID at the bar, and voila.

He didn't claim he was Smith, so this would likely pass muster as a defense.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
  #200
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
The easy way out:

Smith asked Sheahan to hold on to it because he didn't have any pockets, Sheahan showed the wrong ID at the bar, and voila.

He didn't claim he was Smith, so this would likely pass muster as a defense.
And since Tinky Winky carries a purse, Sheahan would be the natural choice to hold onto the ID for him...


sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.