HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season Madness the 3rd: Jeffrey Loria taketh and Jeffrey Loria giveth away

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Fantomas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
My guess as it stands now:

LF: Bonifacio

2B: Maicer Izturis

DH: Lind

1B: EE

Keep in mind the Winter Meetings haven't even started yet. I would say its 75% likely that at least one of these changes before April.
AA needs to try and acquire a 1b. Any chance we could pry Brandon Belt from the Giants?

I would be happy with Bonifacio in lf. He could hit 9th and provide speed at the bottom of the order.

No more Lind. Please no more.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Kessley Snipes

This guy at SI is trying to say the Marlins won the deal

Old
11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

This was probably already posted, but I've been out for the last couple hours, so just in case:

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 32 GP, 12-15-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
11-14-2012, 01:57 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
This was probably already posted, but I've been out for the last couple hours, so just in case:

Hahahaha that's awesome.

11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
keslerburrows

1. Bonifacio (LF)
2. Reyes (SS)
3. Bautista (RF)
4. Encarnacion (1B)
5. Lawrie (3B)
6. Rasmus (CF)
7. Arencibia/Buck/D'Arnaud (C)
8. Izturis (2B)

Extras: Gose, Lind

Unlikely but I like this lineup. Bonifacio adds great speed at leadoff, having Reyes right before Bautista is just dangerous. Then at 5/6 we keep Rasmus batting after Lawrie just like last year when it worked so well at the 1/2 spots.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Sens Mile

I am so incredibly filled but a word to the wise, the tweaking is not done yet. There is going to have to be some trades, we can increase the bullpen so incredibly excited. Buck or Jp Arencibia have to get exchanged now.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:05 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
I am so incredibly filled but a word to the wise, the tweaking is not done yet. There is going to have to be some trades, we can increase the bullpen so incredibly excited. Buck or Jp Arencibia have to get exchanged now.
Que? Is this post even english?

BTW, the bullpen is about the last thing that needs to be looked at. We're pretty set as it is, even if Oliver doesn't come back.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:06 AM
topched

Quote:

BTW, the bullpen is about the last thing that needs to be looked at. We're pretty set as it is, even if Oliver doesn't come back.
If Oliver comes back... dear God.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Yup... but at this point, isn't it kinda hard to see Oliver not coming back? I mean, this team has a legit chance now and Oliver can be a big part of it. I think he comes back for a season now.

Even if he doesn't, you have Loup and Cecil in the pen. Perez will come back by around all-star time too.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:15 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Yup... but at this point, isn't it kinda hard to see Oliver not coming back? I mean, this team has a legit chance now and Oliver can be a big part of it. I think he comes back for a season now.

Even if he doesn't, you have Loup and Cecil in the pen. Perez will come back by around all-star time too.
Yeah. Either we roll with:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Oliver
Rogers
Lincoln
Loup

or:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Loup
Rogers
Lincoln
Cecil

Also consider this: If we get into the playoffs and can go with a 3-man rotation, we can ride Johnson-Morrow-Buehrle.

awesome.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
People are under rating Bonifacio. This guy is the BEST base stealer in the game. He is also the most versatile player in the game. He is not the equivalent of Tom Wandell. Are you kidding? Normally he would be an ideal lead off hitter. But with Reyes that may be an "issue". Anyway, Bonifacio will not be an alternate on this team, if he is healthy he will be in the lineup, and he will be effective.
Yeah screw Tom Wandell, Bonifacio is like a Rich Peverley.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Oliver
Rogers
Lincoln
Loup

or:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Loup
Rogers
Lincoln
Cecil

Also consider this: If we get into the playoffs and can go with a 3-man rotation, we can ride Johnson-Morrow-Buehrle.

awesome.
The one with Oliver should have Cecil in the pen. Out of options so he will make the team regardless.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Lebanese Leaf

Old
11-14-2012, 02:24 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
The one with Oliver should have Cecil in the pen. Out of options so he will make the team regardless.
In place of who though? Until he proves otherwise, Loup deserves a spot, and I'm not sure they'd dump Lincoln so easily after acquiring him last year.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post

Old
11-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Lebanese Leaf

I am not used to this folks, I was 3 years old when the Jays were last a contending team. This seems too good to be true right now!

Old
11-14-2012, 02:30 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

This is Blue Jays fans right now:

Just replace the Nintendo 64 with Johnson/Buehrle/Reyes/Bonifacio

Old
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM
rdawg1234

Wow, so I'm not too heavy in my knowledge of baseball, but we essentially got two great starting pitchers, an all-star level shorts-stop and a decent outfielder and catcher?

from what I can tell we didnt lose much going the other way.

Some are saying we're in the conversation for even the world series.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Everlong
-

How long does it take to grow dreds? I'd be pissed if I were Reyes. Was forced to cut his hair due to team rules. Year later he's dealt.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
No, you dump Cecil whether it be through trade or releasing him. He is that bad and we have too many quality pen arms to give him a spot simply because he cannot be sent back down. AA didn't grab all these arms to only see Cecil be used.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:09 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

People want a LF? How about Jason Bay for cheap. That would be awesome. Or Marcum as a #5 pitcher?

Scary to think AA could have more coming!

Old
11-14-2012, 03:10 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Wow, so I'm not too heavy in my knowledge of baseball, but we essentially got two great starting pitchers, an all-star level shorts-stop and a decent outfielder and catcher?

I think people have to acknowledge that there are some quality pieces going the other way. I like the trade a lot, but it's not like it was junk that the team gave up. It works though because the organization is extremely deep.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:22 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
If they sign jason bay, I might flip my bricks in happyness

Over Jason Bay? He's shot. Couldnt hit water if he fell out of the boat and also a liability defensively. You are better off with Sierra and then at some point Gose.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:24 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post

As a baseball junkie and prospect nerd, the Jays gave up a lot here, don't get it wrong. Alvarez is a great young pitcher who needs more time. He has two great pitches with not much else to show which is his issue right now. You need a third pitch to start at this level. Hech is a great defensive SS but questionable with the bat. If he's even average with the bat in the future, he's an all-star caliber SS but that's a big IF. Nicolino was a great prospect, one of "the big 3" down in Lansing all be it, with the lowest upside of the 3 and he has a few years to go but could turn out to be a top of the rotation quality starter. Marisnick is much like Gose and was ranked second on our prospect lists by some people, a very toolsy player with nice athletic upside. Escobar is what he is, a great defensive SS who's bat is inconsistent year in, year out but is still an above-average SS when you look closely but I don't wanna start throwing Sabre stats out there.

The Jays gave up talent here but the best Miami can do, IMO anyway, is break even. The reason you should be excited as a Jays fan is that we got a guy in Johnson who's an ace when healthy, a sturdy number 3 type in Buehrle who's thrown over 200 innings a season for a decade and IIRC, has never been on the DL. He won't blow anyone away with stuff, he's a soft tosser who relies on off-speed stuff which is his bread and butter but he's a fun guy to watch and very frustrating for the opposition when he's on. Buck is meh, he's a catcher...a position where expectations are lowered offensively for good reason. D'arnaud will be up soon enough and Buck will become an afterthought. This is assuming JPA is dealt and without question, he's gone. 100%.

He will bring in an Ogando or someone similar. That trade has actually been floated to the Rangers and may or may not happen. Reyes is tricky, we're talking about a decent defensive SS(not spectacular) but his offense is where his value lies. A switch hitter who gets on base and can steal bases while playing a premium position? sign me up, I don't care about his salary. He's being overlooked here but Bonafacio is a much better player than he's being given credit for. He is just a utility guy but in 2011 when he was used much more than 2012, he posted a .753 OPS and a 2.4 WAR. In other words, he wasn't a utility player just 2 years ago and he's entering his prime. Even last season he posted a solid .330 OBP which is right around his career average. The Jays have a hole at second base right now and if AA doesn't deal for one, Izturis and Bonafacio may be decent, although not perfect, options.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:27 AM
MrPiff17
Bay St. Bullies

Quote:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Oliver
Rogers
Lincoln
Loup

or:

Santos
Janssen
Delabar
Loup
Rogers
Lincoln
Cecil

awesome.

I may have missed it, but has Villanueva come out and said he 100% isn't coming back? Probably because he wants to start... Or has AA stated he doesn't want to retain his services?

Closed Thread