HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Providence Bruins (vs) Bridgeport SoundTigers; 3:05 at the DDC Providence ;(11-17-12)

Old
11-18-2012, 08:42 AM
BruinsHockey

vCash: 500
Providence Bruins (vs) Bridgeport SoundTigers; 3:05 at the DDC Providence ;(11-17-12)

Providence Bruins (1) vs Bridgeport SoundTigers (-)
() are points out of eight in conference

Providence Bruins: (home: 3-3-0-1)

6-6-0-1 13pts. 5th in Atlantic Division

Bridgeport SoundTigers: (away: 4-3-0-0)

9-4-0-0 18pts. 2nd in NorthEast Division.

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

Date | Opponent | Result

Nov. 16 | Manchester | 3-2 | W
Nov. 17 | @Portland | 2-1 | W
||
Nov. 24 | @Saint John's | 7:30 |
Nov. 25 | @Saint John's | 6:00 |

All Time Regular Season Mettings:

The Bruins are 17-7-3 all time at home vs Bridgeport

Previous Meetings This Season:

2 Providence @ Bridgeport 4

Team Stat Comparison

Providence | | Bridgeport

Goals

28 | | 43

Goals Against

34 | | 37

Power Play Goals

13 | | 15

Power Play Goals Allowed

10 | | 12

Power Play Rank

8 | | 3

Penalty Kill Rank

13 | | 22

HPP Rank

14 | | -

APP Rank

HPK Rank

20 | | -

APK Rank

Goals For Rank

2 way tie for 29th | | 3 way tie for 12

Goals Against Rank

2 way tie for 4th | |2 way tie for 10

PIM

225 | | 314

Ovrall OT Record

0-0 | | 0-0

Ovrall S/O Record

1-1 | | 1-0

Last 10 Games

4-5-0-1 (W2) | | 6-4-0-0 (L1)

Fighting Majors
13 | | 22

Player Stats

Providence ||| Brigeport|

Goals

3 tied at | 4 | | Nino Niederreiter | 8

Assists

2 tied at | 8 | | Aarom Ness | 8

Ryan Spooner | 11 | | Nino Niederreiter | 15

PP

2 tied at | 3 | | 5 tied at | 2

SH

all tied at | 0 | | 2 tied at | 1

PIM

Bobby Robbins | 58| | Brett Gallant | 59

SOG

Chris Bourque | 38 | | Nino Niederreiter | 42

+/-

Garnet Exelby | +5 | | Aaron Ness | 5

Fighting Majors

Bobby Robbins | 8 | | Brett Gallant | 7

Goalie Stats:

Providence

GOALIE| RECORD| GP| TGA| GAA| SO| SV| SV%

Niklas Svedburg | 5-2-0| 8| 15| 1.75| 1| 233| 0.940
Michael Hutchinson | 0-4-1| 5| 16| 3.52| 0| 96| 0.857

Bridgeport

Anders Nilsson | 3-0-0| 3| 5| 1.67| 1| 73| 0.936
Kevin Poulin | 6-3-0| 9| 26| 2.99| 0| 249| 0.905
Kenny Reiter | 0-1-0| 2| 6| 4.50| 0| 45| 0.882

The referee for tonight's game is:

David Banfield & Ryan Hersey

The linesman:

Scott Whittemore and Robert St. Lawrence

Other Atlantic Division Games:

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Slapshot18

won 2-1 spooner and bobby robins with goals. Svedberg 36 saves on 37 shots. Really awesome to see Spooner and Svedberg especially playing so well

Slapshot18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:20 PM
BruinsHockey

Bridgeport scored on a shot from where the wings line up near the board. Hit the crossbar and went in. Nice shot.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:26 PM
BruinsHockey

Bridgeport goal the player got a pass and scored on a shot that went over the pad.

Providence goal on a looksy here goal that went over nilsson pad and inside the post.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
So Providence yet again is not very good. What exactly is it going to take to get a change in coaching down there? We may not have the best stable of prospects or the most lockout-improved team like an Oklahoma City but they should not be performing so poorly. Coaching questions for several seasons in a row now; where's there's smoke...

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
So Providence yet again is not very good. What exactly is it going to take to get a change in coaching down there? We may not have the best stable of prospects or the most lockout-improved team like an Oklahoma City but they should not be performing so poorly. Coaching questions for several seasons in a row now; where's there's smoke...
Our prospects just plain suck. There hasn't been one prospect since Versteeg who went on elsewhere and did better. Joe colborne did for 20 games and back to normal.

With that said its early but svedberg and Spooner are looking like NHL players

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I thought they won two of three over the weekend?

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
BruinsHockey

Bruins did win 2 of three and looked ok through the first 20. Than all heck broke lose. the Tigers scored 4 unanswered goals and the P-Bruins gave up.

This is the second Sunday that they crapped the bed after a period (last Sunday they were up 3-1)

Cohen sucks (sorry for the language) he should be in the ECHL or just gone he does not have it here.

Rumor is that Hutchinson is still injured after he had surgery on both his hips, they don't have a third goalie and there is something wrong with Hutch.

Bruins are tied with Albany with 30 goals scored and last in the AHL and I know its the ECHL but Tommy Cross has 15 points (5g and 10a)

Old
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
Bruins did win 2 of three and looked ok through the first 20. Than all heck broke lose. the Tigers scored 4 unanswered goals and the P-Bruins gave up.

This is the second Sunday that they crapped the bed after a period (last Sunday they were up 3-1)

Cohen sucks (sorry for the language) he should be in the ECHL or just gone he does not have it here.

Rumor is that Hutchinson is still injured after he had surgery on both his hips, they don't have a third goalie and there is something wrong with Hutch.

Bruins are tied with Albany with 30 goals scored and last in the AHL and I know its the ECHL but Tommy Cross has 15 points (5g and 10a)
Day game after an away game, unsurprising. Winning three in three when one's a road game is a challenge.

Sounds like Cross will get his chance soon. If Hutch is indeed hurting that is definitely a problem.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

I didn't see the game, so I don't know if Svedberg was just gassed from playing 3 in 3or if the entire team just sucked yesterday...maybe a little of both?

I did see the fights posted on YouTube. I feel badly for MacDermid. He's a decent scrapper but was really tuned up yesterday by Gallant, who might be the best pound for pound fighter anywhere. He dropped lane with a nasty right. MacD skated off with a good shiner--hopefully he didn't break his orbital bone or anything like that.

You have to wonder where MacDermid fits into the big picture. He's absolutely NOT a replacement for Thornton down the line. In terms of toughness, MacDermid be suited as a #2 fighter, even in a softer, Euro-heavy NHL. He just doesn't have the skills or disposition for the enforcer job. Thornton may be a nice guy on/off the ice, but he would never let another fighter yap at him the way MacD let things happen yesterday. Makes me long for a Orr/MacIntyre type for Providence...we haven't had a real bruiser like that in a few years (McGrattan played 39 games a couple years back).

Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:52 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Our prospects just plain suck. There hasn't been one prospect since Versteeg who went on elsewhere and did better. Joe colborne did for 20 games and back to normal.

does Marchand or Krejci count or are you talking about to other organizations? Rask and Boychuk were essentially Boston guys since they honed their skills in Providence, and McQuaid as well even though they all were atleast drafted somewhere else.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
does Marchand or Krejci count or are you talking about to other organizations? Rask and Boychuk were essentially Boston guys since they honed their skills in Providence, and McQuaid as well even though they all were atleast drafted somewhere else.
This made me curious so I checked; McQuaid was traded following his final junior year, so his entire pro career has been in the Boston organization - he spent two and a half years in Providence. Same deal with Rask; he was traded the summer after he was drafted and played one more year in Finland, then two years in Providence.

Boychuk spent four years with Colorado's AHL teams (they moved affiliations every year) before being traded in summer 2008. He played one season in Providence (and won the Eddie Shore Trophy as the AHL's top defenseman).

As for recent players who have moved on other teams, both Vladimir Sobotka and Mark Stuart spent time in Providence.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post

Is it the coaching I wonder? The 07-09 drafts look like they may resemble Enron stock in a couple years however... pretty sad sack looking bunch there...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:19 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Chia's 07-09 drafts look flat out brutal. Seems like Providence was a good place to develop some talent until lately...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Scott Gordon was an exceptional coach at this level. End of story.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
This made me curious so I checked; McQuaid was traded following his final junior year, so his entire pro career has been in the Boston organization - he spent two and a half years in Providence. Same deal with Rask; he was traded the summer after he was drafted and played one more year in Finland, then two years in Providence.

Boychuk spent four years with Colorado's AHL teams (they moved affiliations every year) before being traded in summer 2008. He played one season in Providence (and won the Eddie Shore Trophy as the AHL's top defenseman).

As for recent players who have moved on other teams, both Vladimir Sobotka and Mark Stuart spent time in Providence.
why let facts get in the way

Boston's top 6 forwards have 5 drafted guys- three jumped right to NHL, but Bergeron spent time in the AHL during the lockout so he still qualifies; and he says that was a big year in his development and I bah-leave he had his highest point total coming out of the lockout. Krejci and Marchand saw extensive time in the AHL but neither has really done that much in the NHL if you take away the Stanley Cup run; I mean neither has yet to score 30 goals in a season so I'd still say Providence hasn't developed anyone other than Versteeg, or Steegah as we hockey guys like to call em.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
I was refering to players who left the system. BBB8 stated the P-Bruins were bad in recent years and a coaching change was needed. However, former prospects that left haven't improved in a new environment, leading me to believe coaching isn't the biggest issue but lack of talent. I don't know enough about the coaching in Providence to say we need or don't need a change but the talent (or lack thereof) seems to be the bigger issue for the P-Bruins recent struggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Is it the coaching I wonder? The 07-09 drafts look like they may resemble Enron stock in a couple years however... pretty sad sack looking bunch there...
I would put the blame on drafting, 2007 is a total write off and 2008 is shaping up the same way. I am a big Caron fan, but he doesn't seem to be putting it together and 2009 is looking like it has the potential to be a total bust as well.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:00 AM
BlackNgold 84

Was at the game friday.. liked the buzz saw line overall. Robins doesn't look like a spaced out goon. Hanson and macdermid looked good (sucks to see him go down to gallant.) Also spooner looked great. Svedberg let in 2 softies but good still made the saves he needed too. Saturday looked good and 3 games in 3 nights is not gonna usually look good for anybody.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:20 AM
ODAAT

Can someone point out the most noticeable change in the PB`s over the weekend if any? Did or does it appear as though the newer additions are just getting used to Cassidy`s system and their teammates?

Thanks

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Scott Gordon was an exceptional coach at this level. End of story.
He sure was. We were on quite a run there for awhile with high-quality coaching:

Laviolette
Sullivan
Gordon

... Then Rob Murray and now we have Cassidy

Lavvy, Sully, and Gordon could all get 100% out of their players night in and night out and could always ice a competitive team. The latter two lack that skillset.

Hoping we come across another diamond in the rough in the coaching department ... We were really fortunate with Lavvy, Sully, and Gordon.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote