HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

go on.

Last edited by ULF_55: 01-07-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
Let most of our FA's walk- go after Getzlaf, Perry, Weiss, Clowe hard

Old
11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Lupul-Getzlaf-Kessel
Perry-Kadri-JVR
Kulemin-Colborne-Frattin
Brown-McClement-D'Amigo

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Holzer
Liles-Kostka/Ranger

We resign Lupul. Let every other UFA walk. Grabovski and Steckel we trade for picks so we get capspace.

Playoff team right there. Not only that, they probably won't be knocked out in the first round.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
I think it`s possible excluding Perry, however the others....I am not sure.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:18 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Do you at least want to re-sign Lupul? Among their upcoming UFA's he is the only one I would want back and most important.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Do you at least want to re-sign Lupul? Among their upcoming UFA's he is the only one I would want back and most important.
Definitely- I'd say two years 5.5m, that's what Grabbo got right? I'd put him at similar importance.

The others would have to take a big discount- but even then, I'd rather play some Marlies on the team.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I think it`s possible excluding Perry, however the others....I am not sure.
I think it would be outstanding if we had Weiss and Getzlaf
It would be like Stoll being downgraded to the 3rd line, and he was deadly in the playoffs.

Getzlaf
Grabbo
Weiss
McClement

Fierce

Old
11-14-2012, 11:52 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Definitely- I'd say two years 5.5m, that's what Grabbo got right? I'd put him at similar importance.

The others would have to take a big discount- but even then, I'd rather play some Marlies on the team.
The $5.5 million is what Grabovski got, however he also got a 5 year extension. With Lupul I think it's ok to give him a 3 year deal and maybe have an option for a 4th year.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
delirium trigger

[QUOTE\]. Bertuzzi had just finished a season where he scored 71 points in 82 games at the time of that trade. Bertuzzi was still a very good player at the time of that trade and the rare power forward that every team looks for. As far as his back injury concerns. He played the entire season before going to Florida so don't make it sound like everyone knew he'd have a herniated disk the following season which forced him to miss 66 games that season for Florida.

That 1st rounder you talk about was Lukas Krajicek who was drafted 5 seasons prior to the trade in 2001 and who'd never been projected at any time to be anything special. Allen was still projected as panning out to be that big tough phsyical shot blocking dman (yes, like Komisarek who was very good at that role in Montreal) and Allen has been just that having been a 20+ minute a dman every season since that trade.

Quit trying to make it sound like the Nucks didn't give anything up in that trade at THE TIME OF THAT TRADE. [/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure his back issues were known prior to the trade, but most importantly, bertuzzi was being boo'd out of every rink, had faced criminal charges and was being sued, needed to get out of the west, and not many teams would have touched him with a ten foot pole because of potential fan backlash and although he had 71 points he only had 25 goals and was commonly thought to have had a poor year due to all around poor play dispite decent numbers. He was also 30. Allen was considered an average NHL defender with upside at that time. That is a terrible return for a young undisputed franchise goalie. Would you make that trade if you were giving up a young Roy, brodeur, or fluery? I wouldn't, I would think IMHO that something had an odor around luongo, I doubt that its any different now. Florida didn't even have a true #1 goalie to replace him on the horizon, they just shipped him out

Last edited by delirium trigger: 11-14-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The $5.5 million is what Grabovski got, however he also got a 5 year extension. With Lupul I think it's ok to give him a 3 year deal and maybe have an option for a 4th year.
So are we looking at close to 6 for a shorter contract?

Old
11-14-2012, 12:11 PM
tony135420

Quote:
I think it would be outstanding if we had Weiss and Getzlaf
It would be like Stoll being downgraded to the 3rd line, and he was deadly in the playoffs.

Getzlaf
Grabbo
Weiss
McClement

Fierce
I have to agree with this. I think Weiss would be huge on the 3rd line. Our current 3rd line centers are not up to snuff. I don't think some people realize the importance of investing in a high end 3rd line pivot.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony135420 View Post
I have to agree with this. I think Weiss would be huge on the 3rd line. Our current 3rd line centers are not up to snuff. I don't think some people realize the importance of investing in a high end 3rd line pivot.
It was pretty tough watching our third line last year. I am a fan of Crabb's work ethic but him and Armstrong provided almost no threats on the ice. I felt like they were just holding out until the shift ended. The third line gets tons of ice-time and I would love to see Weiss, he wants to come to Toronto doesn't he?

Old
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Going to give Bozak some love here. I want to resign him.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:19 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

Hahaha! This is hilarious! Our best center right now is grabo and all of a sudden next season we are going to have a consistent 50 pt player and team captain on our third line behind getzlaf and grabo?! You guys are nuts...

Old
11-14-2012, 12:21 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Going to give Bozak some love here. I want to resign him.
I'm happy with bozak if an upgrade isn't available. Ideally getting a free wallet upgrade and trading bozak at what me and most ppl would agree is the acme of his career would be the most prudent. I think he's peaked, but that's not an insult because I'm actually really impressed with what he has accomplished here.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Hahaha! This is hilarious! Our best center right now is grabo and all of a sudden next season we are going to have a consistent 50 pt player and team captain on our third line behind getzlaf and grabo?! You guys are nuts...
Nothing is set in stone. I'm just suggesting a potential starting point. If Weiss is that dynamic maybe he can excel on the third line, probably first if we don't acquire Getzlaf. I feel like he'd suit the third line responsibilities better than number 84

Old
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
I'm happy with bozak if an upgrade isn't available. Ideally getting a free wallet upgrade and trading bozak at what me and most ppl would agree is the acme of his career would be the most prudent. I think he's peaked, but that's not an insult because I'm actually really impressed with what he has accomplished here.
I don't think he will get that much better (I still believe he can improve a little though). I just think he is a great player to have on a team. Ideally he would play 3rd line center for us (which I think he could excel at) and he has shown he is capable of playing top 6 if there are injuries which is a huge plus.

I don't think he would take much to resign. I think he would come pretty cheap which is why I would love to resign him.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Assuming we can't sign 1 of the big 2 (Perry/Getzlaf), do you think signing Zajac and trading for Luongo in a soft deal is enough to make us a playoff team?

(I'm assuming a soft deal because I believe if the cap does go down, I'm pretty sure they'd need space to sign Edler and fill out the rest of the roster spots)

So, with this line-up are we a playoff team?:

Lupul - Zajac - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kadri
Kuli - McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown
extra: D'amigo

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson/Finn?
Rielly - Holzer

Luongo
Reimer/Scrivens

Liles, rights to MacA for Lu? Maybe we add a 2nd?

Would signing Murray help? Ideally I'd like Gardiner and Rielly with defensive Dmen or solid 2-way Dmen (Percy, Gunnar, Finn?)

Old
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
Assuming we can't sign 1 of the big 2 (Perry/Getzlaf), do you think signing Zajac and trading for Luongo in a soft deal is enough to make us a playoff team?

(I'm assuming a soft deal because I believe if the cap does go down, I'm pretty sure they'd need space to sign Edler and fill out the rest of the roster spots)

So, with this line-up are we a playoff team?:

Lupul - Zajac - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kadri
Kuli - McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown
extra: D'amigo

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson/Finn?
Rielly - Holzer

Luongo
Reimer/Scrivens

Liles, rights to MacA for Lu? Maybe we add a 2nd?

Would signing Murray help? Ideally I'd like Gardiner and Rielly with defensive Dmen or solid 2-way Dmen (Percy, Gunnar, Finn?)
Do people really think Reilly will just jump into the N? I doubt it, and I think it would be bad for his development to just entirely skip the A and have no previous pro adult experience

Old
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Do people really think Reilly will just jump into the N? I doubt it, and I think it would be bad for his development to just entirely skip the A and have no previous pro adult experience
I'm thinking he could considering he is doing very well in the WHL, but I believe half a year in the AHL followed by sheltered minutes with PP time in the NHL is a real possibility....

Also, I don't believe all players need to play in the AHL to succeed, an extra year in the WHL was certainly a good thing.... But another year in the AHL? If he is one of our top 6 dmen in camp I think he can play in the NHL without hurting his development.

(I'd of sent him down to the WHL this year regardless if he was one of the top 6 dmen at camp though)

Old
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony135420 View Post
i think most people outside of leaf land would rate grabovski and weiss in the same tier. if grabs got 5 x $5.5 million im pretty sure weiss is going to get over $5 million, be it the leafs or someone else. a $5 + million you wont be seeing weiss on the third line of the leafs.

its not our third line center thats the issue. its our first line center. if burke signed weiss he would be another 2a center like grabs and he would be tried with lupul-kessel. bozak would drop to the third line where he belongs. i dont disagree that center depth is significant on contending teams but its our top line that needs upgrading first imo. i think on a good team bozak is fine on the third line. he provides decent defense and is able to move up a line if needed. i also think that lombardi could be resigned to a short term deal. i think he is a very good third line center. as a result of his injuries we didnt see the true extent of his game but i think he is better then what we saw. he is exceptionally quick and also able to put up ~40 points from the third line i would think.

at the end of the day, i just dont see burke dropping $5 million on weiss. we need a proper first line center. obviously someone like getzlaf is idea but the chances of him making it to ufa and wanting to come to toronto are slim at best. bottom line, i would rather re-up bozak and sign lombardi on the cheap on a 1/2 year deal then to sign weiss. he isnt the player we should be looking to blow our wad on when centers like getzlaf, zajac, ribeiro, and roy are all possibly available.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
rdawg1234

I remember reading that Getz was more interested in staying in Anaheim due to having a family there.

Perry was apparently rumored (obviously take this with a grain of salt) to have some interest in coming to Ontario(Toronto more specifically).

I think with all the salary we're dumping we could pick up one of these guys for sure, then I wouldnt call it crazy to trade say Lupul and such for a solid piece.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:06 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i think most people outside of leaf land would rate grabovski and weiss in the same tier. if grabs got 5 x $5.5 million im pretty sure weiss is going to get over $5 million, be it the leafs or someone else. a $5 + million you wont be seeing weiss on the third line of the leafs.

its not our third line center thats the issue. its our first line center. if burke signed weiss he would be another 2a center like grabs and he would be tried with lupul-kessel. bozak would drop to the third line where he belongs. i dont disagree that center depth is significant on contending teams but its our top line that needs upgrading first imo. i think on a good team bozak is fine on the third line. he provides decent defense and is able to move up a line if needed. i also think that lombardi could be resigned to a short term deal. i think he is a very good third line center. as a result of his injuries we didnt see the true extent of his game but i think he is better then what we saw. he is exceptionally quick and also able to put up ~40 points from the third line i would think.

at the end of the day, i just dont see burke dropping $5 million on weiss. we need a proper first line center. obviously someone like getzlaf is idea but the chances of him making it to ufa and wanting to come to toronto are slim at best. bottom line, i would rather re-up bozak and sign lombardi on the cheap on a 1/2 year deal then to sign weiss. he isnt the player we should be looking to blow our wad on when centers like getzlaf, zajac, ribeiro, and roy are all possibly available.
I agree in principle, but Weiss is >>>>>>>> better than ribeiro. Ribeiro has no business being mentioned along side guys like getz. Ribiero ~ wolski

Old
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
I agree in principle, but Weiss is >>>>>>>> better than ribeiro. Ribeiro has no business being mentioned along side guys like getz. Ribiero ~ wolski
ribiero might be a rat and i cant see burke having interest in him because of that but i think from a skill stand point alone i would prefer a line of lupul-ribiero-kessel as opposed to lupul-weiss-kessel.

rdawg mentioned some rumour that perry might want to play closer to home. i think i would prefer burke sign perry and keep our centers then have him sign any center who is not a legitimate number 1.

imagine if burke locked up perry. he could move kadri + for luongo seeing as we wouldnt need wingers any time soon.

jvr - grabs -perry
lupul - bozak - kessel
kulemin -lombardi - frattin
brown-mclemment - komorov

^^^ would be pretty decent imo even without a top line center. that might be best winger depth in nhl. if lombardi can get his **** together then id be proud of that team. this way we dont need to worry about wiess/ ribeiro

Old
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
thewave

Bozak Komisarek 3rd for Lou.

Closed Thread