HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders-Coyotes

Old
11-27-2012, 08:52 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

vCash: 500
Islanders-Coyotes

Josh Bailey

Rostislav Klesla

Coyotes get a young, potential top-6 forward that can play LW and C (both holes in the Coyotes line up).

Islanders get a steady defenseman from a team that has an abundance.

I think prospects/minor leaguers can be added, but straight up I think the value is fair.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Kaibur

I like this trade.

Klesla was a monster for the Yotes in the playoffs. But he only has a year and a half left on the deal at this point and he has had injury problems in the past. Summers and Stone can platoon at this point and cover his minutes.

The Yotes will need to fill those two holes on offense. There will be chances to fill them with free agents and cap dumps, but I really hope they find some young guys like Bailey that might fit longer term.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:15 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

Josh Bailey

Rostislav Klesla

Coyotes get a young, potential top-6 forward that can play LW and C (both holes in the Coyotes line up).

I think prospects/minor leaguers can be added, but straight up I think the value is fair.
Good proposal. It's a gamble for both teams. 23 yr old Bailey's shown flashes,but he is very inconsistent.30 yr old Klesha's a ufa in 2014. Can the isles show him enough progress to get him to sign an extension?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Good proposal. It's a gamble for both teams. 23 yr old Bailey's shown flashes,but he is very inconsistent.30 yr old Klesha's a ufa in 2014. Can the isles show him enough progress to get him to sign an extension?
Kind of a big reason I wanted to add a prospect/minor leaguer for both teams. If Klesla wouldn't re-sign, the Islanders would still have some sort of asset that would stay. Either way, I think Klesla would re-sign to a short term deal. He'd be a leader on this blueline, and his style of play would be much needed with the defense we have. He could teach MacDonald a lot.

I also think Bailey would flourish under Tippet. He's responsible defensively, so I think his two-way game would progress tremendously in his system.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:36 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:

Josh Bailey

Rostislav Klesla

Value is there, but I'd prefer the Isles A) go after a PMD as opposed to a defensive oriented guy, and B) trade prospects rather than one of the few "veteran" guys on our roster. Bailey is at the point where he will most likely begin to break out, especially now that he's on the wing and will most likely be playing with Okposo(who he's had a lot of chemistry with in the past) and Strome(who's our best offensive prospect).

I think I'd pass on this deal as an Isles fan. Although there's another defenseman on PHX that I'd like to target instead(I'm sure you are all aware of that by now).

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
StrongIslanders90

Love Bailey abd think he can hit 50-60 pts one day onthe regular, but its time for the Isles to make these types of moves. I have no problem with it.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Kind of a big reason I wanted to add a prospect/minor leaguer for both teams. If Klesla wouldn't re-sign, the Islanders would still have some sort of asset that would stay. Either way, I think Klesla would re-sign to a short term deal. He'd be a leader on this blueline, and his style of play would be much needed with the defense we have. He could teach MacDonald a lot.

I also think Bailey would flourish under Tippet. He's responsible defensively, so I think his two-way game would progress tremendously in his system.
I like the deal as it stands on it's own. But if there was a swap of prospects as padding, what would you be thinking?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:09 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I like the deal as it stands on it's own. But if there was a swap of prospects as padding, what would you be thinking?
Not sure, considering our prospects holes our somewhat similar even though our NHL rosters are not. I would love Rundblad, but we don't have a prospect that's good enough to give for him. The Islanders' biggest hole with prospects is at RW. Don't see much quality from Phoenix in that case.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
roboninja
EYG

Very fair trade proposal, OP.

I feel like they should be pointed out around here.

roboninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Not sure, considering our prospects holes our somewhat similar even though our NHL rosters are not. I would love Rundblad, but we don't have a prospect that's good enough to give for him. The Islanders' biggest hole with prospects is at RW. Don't see much quality from Phoenix in that case.
With the logjam at center, I'd think some of those NYI center prospects would be moved to the wing.

Tavares
Frans Nielsen

Strome
Brock Nelson
Sundstrom
Cizikas
Ullstrom

Old
11-27-2012, 10:15 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With the logjam at center, I'd think some of those NYI center prospects would be moved to the wing.

Tavares
Frans Nielsen

Strome
Brock Nelson
Sundstrom
Cizikas
Ullstrom
Ullstrom has already been converted to a wing. I would like to see Sundstrom moved, since he's right handed. Strome and Nelson should stay at center, and I see Nielsen being traded in a couple of years.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:10 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Michael Stone is a player I like.....Young NHL exp. and has size andis RHS

Also love Connor Murphy

Old
11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
alpine4life

Pretty good proposal, make sense for both teams.

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

A good old fashioned hockey trade that makes complete sense for both teams, what the hell is going on here?

I think the value is about right too.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Actually I would be totally ok with giving you Klesla, Rundblad, and a pick for Bailey and one of your better center prospects. Even while giving up both defenseman we have potentially 9 NHL ready blue liners but our depth at center prospects is kind of weak in terms of top line talent.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:15 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Actually I would be totally ok with giving you Klesla, Rundblad, and a pick for Bailey and one of your better center prospects. Even while giving up both defenseman we have potentially 9 NHL ready blue liners but our depth at center prospects is kind of weak in terms of top line talent.
The thing is, the center prospects we have are too valuable to trade. I wouldn't even think about trading Strome/Nelson/Cizikas, and Ullstrom/Sundstrom should be converted to wing. After that it doesn't leave much more centers other than Jason Clark (who sucks) and Theoret (who doesn't expect to be more than a 4th line wing). I guess Anders Lee but he could be a college FA, so there's that risk. However, with Phoenix's weak prospect pool at forward I feel he would sign there no problem. With the Islanders he has a lot of competition at LW and C.

Bailey and Lee for Klesla and Rundblad, plus a swap of 2nd round picks in 2014?

Old
11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
The thing is, the center prospects we have are too valuable to trade. I wouldn't even think about trading Strome/Nelson/Cizikas, and Ullstrom/Sundstrom should be converted to wing. After that it doesn't leave much more centers other than Jason Clark (who sucks) and Theoret (who doesn't expect to be more than a 4th line wing). I guess Anders Lee but he could be a college FA, so there's that risk. However, with Phoenix's weak prospect pool at forward I feel he would sign there no problem. With the Islanders he has a lot of competition at LW and C.

No prospect is too valuable to trade imo

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Like Slapshot, I don't have much interest in moving any of Strome/Brock Nelson/Cizikas.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:07 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
No prospect is too valuable to trade imo
That's your opinion, and I agree with it when we're talking about major players. This is Rostislav Klesla we're talking about. I highly doubt anyone would trade top prospects like Strome, Nelson, or Niederreiter for Klesla.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
rikker

Quote:

i like this better...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
That's your opinion, and I agree with it when we're talking about major players. This is Rostislav Klesla we're talking about. I highly doubt anyone would trade top prospects like Strome, Nelson, or Niederreiter for Klesla.
no, what he's saying is he would do

TO NYI:
Klesla
Rundblad

TO PHO:
Bailey
(say: ) Strome

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No thanks from this Coyotes fan. I don't think Bailey does much in the way of fixing our problem at center long-term. He'd certainly improve our current situation a little bit. So would a lot of guys who we could acquire without giving up an extremely effective and valuable defenseman in Klesla.

I'd prefer to trade a third or fourth round pick for a band-aid player(think Tim Connolly or Matt Lombardi) and keep Klesla.

To me, for the Phoenix Coyotes specifically...

Klesla+Connolly(or Lombardi) > Bailey+3rd round pick.

11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
no, what he's saying is he would do

TO NYI:
Klesla
Rundblad

TO PHO:
Bailey
(say: ) Strome
This is when negotiations start to break down....

Then I forget the original proposal and say

Nielsen + Bailey +Sudntrom +?

for

Yandel

Old
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
This is when negotiations start to break down....

Then I forget the original proposal and say

Nielsen + Bailey +Sudntrom +?

for

Yandel
Hahaha yea that's usually the way these proposals go and I didn't help in adding fuel to that fire.

In all seriousness though, the OP was a pretty close deal. If it were myself in GMDM seat then I could see myself pulling the trigger on Bailey +2013 4th for Klesla because I feel like we have a playoff team but not a cup winning team. Our surplus is defense and we need to add a few hairs on the front end, people who can grow with the franchise and have time to buy into Tipps system. I can't see us winning a cup for 2-3 more years but we have to build that roster up to give us the best possible chance, especially considering the forward prospects we have (some of which are very promising but I don't think any of them have top line upside). Not that Bailey will be a top line player buy I'm perfectly ok with rolling a 1a/1b line, 3rd high energy/checking line, and a 4th PK unit. If Bailey fits into one of the 1a/1b spots than I'm satisfied.

I know rt disagrees with that process along with a few other yotes fans but I would rather double my chances of finding player to keep us winning that rely only on the draft and luck in FA. Every player is movable for the right price because the bottom line is to win the cup.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

A very fair deal, great to see and sensible actually.