HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

CM Punk to close WrestleMania?; Second DVD on the way?

Old
11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
CM Punk to close WrestleMania?; Second DVD on the way?

Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline said on his radio show that plans right now in WWE are for CM Punk to close WrestleMania.

Also, following the big success of CM Punk's "Best in the World" set released this year, there may be plans to release a second title in 2014.
------------------------------------

if these are true, Punk/Rock/Cena at WrestleMania? It'd make sense. Cena wins the no.1 contender Elimination Chamber match and Punk cashes in his rematch clause for WrestleMania. Would be awesome, IMO.

What the hell could you POSSIBLY put on a second title that wasn't seen on the first title? The first set was stacked. The second one would definitely be underwhelming, unless it's just a full three disc set of CM Punk matches, including ones from the indies.

11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
duckchobbins

vCash: 500
Agreed on both.

As much as I think it's best to split up your top stars and have them compete in 1 on 1 contests, a Punk/Rock/Cena triple threat for the title has enormous potential. You know Cena would overcome the odds, and probably pin or submit Punk to win, but it would be an excellent main event.

And on the DVD, it's only been about 15 months since they stopped filming the last one and Punk really hasn't done much on screen that's been ground breaking since then.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

Hope this is true.

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
Would be nice to see punk in that match.

Also even if a new DVD set did come out and had little substance you would have to think it would still sell 2 to 3x more than if they put out any kind of Cena collection.

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 11:48 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I would absolutely LOVE that main event. Right now, it just fits.

Not so hyped about potential DVD No. 2 though. The first one was fantastic. It would be hard to top.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Would be nice to see punk in that match.

Also even if a new DVD set did come out and had little substance you would have to think it would still sell 2 to 3x more than if they put out any kind of Cena collection.
Lol no way it would out sell a Cena DVD 2 or 3x, Cena isn't in his position due to not being popular. Plenty of kids would be having mom and dad go pick up any Cena DVD.

If people are hungry for another Punk DVD, go get this one

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:54 AM
duckchobbins

Summer of Punk is very good, simply because the matches from ROH are all top notch. The matches are almost completely opposite to what Punk does in WWE (which by and large are good also) and the move sets from the ROH guys are 10x what the WWE allows.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Damn, that's one hell of a DVD. I'll definitely have to add that to my Christmas wish-list this year.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
But how can Punk close Wrestlemania when he's going to drop the title to Ryback this Sunday???????

/sarcasm

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 12:27 AM
irishock
LMAO pre-90s NHL

Just go Punk vs Cena 1 on 1 at WM. Have Brock/Rock 2 and Bryan/Jericho

irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:15 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
Just go Punk vs Cena 1 on 1 at WM. Have Brock/Rock 2 and Bryan/Jericho
Usually I'd agree with this but...

1) they've done Cena/Punk so much in such a short time that it's been beat to death. Look at the Raw breakdown. People aren't into it anymore.

2) what's the point of two part timers like The Rock and Brock Lesnar going at it? There's not much point. Spread the drawing power of those two out and put them in separate matches.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'd really love to see Punk/Rock/Cena. I think it's been building for a long time. Punk was pissed Rock was in the main event AND has had the best of Cena in their feud. Rock beat Cena last year.

I know I'll get **** for this, but it's the perfect time for Cena to go over Rock and Punk. He's lost CLEAN to these guys multiple times on huge stages. It's his turn and he's done a good job waiting patiently. Rock vs. Punk vs. Cena - Cena wins and ends the streak for Punk and finally gets the best of Rock.

Go ahead... flame away.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'd really love to see Punk/Rock/Cena. I think it's been building for a long time. Punk was pissed Rock was in the main event AND has had the best of Cena in their feud. Rock beat Cena last year.

I know I'll get **** for this, but it's the perfect time for Cena to go over Rock and Punk. He's lost CLEAN to these guys multiple times on huge stages. It's his turn and he's done a good job waiting patiently. Rock vs. Punk vs. Cena - Cena wins and ends the streak for Punk and finally gets the best of Rock.

Go ahead... flame away.
Oh I agree completely. I would enjoy it, but it has to be built a certain way. Punk would have to hold the title up to WM29. If he's gonna lose it, have him lose to the Rock at the Rumble in a cheap way, or have Cena interfere. They can even continue that finish into a match at the Chamber ppv. Basically anything to give somebody a semi cheap win, and keep the 3 involved from January to WM29. I also think a triple threat would have to go at least 30 minutes, and they'd all have to put up some good spots, and would all need to be booked really strong. If they book Rock as Goliath, Cena as David, and Punk as the 3rd wheel that doesn't even matter...I will be furious.

A Cena heel turn would be a bonus. But yeah, he does deserve to go over. By the time WM29 rolls around he will not have had a title in like a year and a half. For Cena, that's a lifetime

Old
11-17-2012, 12:04 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I agree with you, CD,but I really think Punk's streak leading into Wrestlemania makes it such a bigger deal. How amazing would that be to have on the line at WM? That gives it a HUGE match feel.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/264309...d-world-titles

Quote:
F4WOnline is reporting that current creative plans could see WWE Champion CM Punk defeating the Rock at the upcoming Royal Rumble match in their highly anticipated match, and going on to face the Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 with the championship on the line.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:58 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Undertaker with one last run as WWE Champion?

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't HATE it. Give him a one month run until Extreme Rules and have CM Punk take it off him again. Maybe WWE is worried about The Rock's movie schedule that they won't put the WWE Championship on him.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

That is what the rest of the article made it sound like.

They are worried that at house shows they won't be able to have title matches between January and April. The article also said that that is one reason the titles have not been unified as they like to close house shows with a title match.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Yeah, I was thinking about that for a while too. How can the house shows not have the main championship in WWE there? The Rock just can't be WWE Champion. At least with The Undertaker, you give him the championship for a month and he can work sporadic house shows lightly for the time being.

Just picturing CM Punk pinning The Rock 1, 2, 3 at the Rumble and The Undertaker being the surprise #30 entrant and winning the Rumble is beautiful.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:18 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about that for a while too. How can the house shows not have the main championship in WWE there? The Rock just can't be WWE Champion. At least with The Undertaker, you give him the championship for a month and he can work sporadic house shows lightly for the time being.

Just picturing CM Punk pinning The Rock 1, 2, 3 at the Rumble and The Undertaker being the surprise #30 entrant and winning the Rumble is beautiful.
Not gonna like that scenario gives me chills haha.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Couldn't Taker just win the title at WM like Edge did and retire the next night?

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:26 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Imagine Brock Lesnar runs in and costs The Rock the match at the Royal Rumble.

WrestleMania matches:
CM Punk (c) vs. The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
Team WWE vs. Team NXT

as the top matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
Couldn't Taker just win the title at WM like Edge did and retire the next night?
Would be a nice send off for the Undertaker.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

- WWE officials reportedly spoke with the Undertaker this week about a potential high-profile match. The Phenom is said to be "on board" with the idea. [Credit: Wrestling Observer]

If these are the same thing, I'd say it's likely we see it if 'Taker is on board. Time will tell. Punk defeating Rock would be HUGE.

I can see two scenarios if this happens.

1) The Undertaker def. CM Punk
- cuts a promo on Raw afterwards to close the show, 15-25 minute promo going over his accomplishments and his career, and then announces he's vacating the championship and retiring.

2) The Undertaker def. CM Punk
- same as above, except John Cena interrupts before Undertaker announces his retirement. John Cena would be fresh off defeating The Rock at WrestleMania 29, and challenge Undertaker to WrestleMania 30, "the biggest of all time." Undertaker smirks, and tells Cena he'll think about and leaves him high and dry. Fast forward to SummerSlam, John Cena wins the WWE Championship and to close the show, Undertaker gives Cena the tombstone and on the Raw afterwards, announces that he accepts John Cena's challenge for WrestleMania 30. Undertaker defeats John Cena at WrestleMania 30, and has his moment to close the show and close his career.

Last edited by M.C.G. 31: 11-21-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Imagine Brock Lesnar runs in and costs The Rock the match at the Royal Rumble.

WrestleMania matches:
CM Punk (c) vs. The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
Team WWE vs. Team NXT

as the top matches.

Would be a nice send off for the Undertaker.
Having Brock and Rock on the card and having nobody on the regular roster get a rub from them is just silly.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Having Brock and Rock on the card and having nobody on the regular roster get a rub from them is just silly.
It's a big money maker. If I'm Vince McMahon, I'd want those two facing each other. It's big money. If you're a fan, you either want it or you don't, depends on the type of fan you are. I'd like to see it, but there is no real reason, it'd just be fun to watch.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
It's a big money maker. If I'm Vince McMahon, I'd want those two facing each other. It's big money. If you're a fan, you either want it or you don't, depends on the type of fan you are. I'd like to see it, but there is no real reason, it'd just be fun to watch.
Having those two on the card is already a big enough money maker, having a Brock match and a Rock match on the card is a big money maker. Having those two on the card and having nobody actually on the roster benefit from it is just a massive waste of opportunity.

But they'll probably do it because they are too stupid to realise this.