HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBA Discussion Part IV (Lockout talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
bout frackin time, but why on earth didn't they do this months ago?

Old
11-26-2012, 03:41 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Did the NBA and or NFL use mediators in their most recent labor disbutes? At first glance it seems like something that will open up the light at the end of the tunnel...at the same time I can't help but feeling that if it goes south and they don't figure it out even with federal mediators, goodbye season

Old
11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Are they stupid, or are they just not involved?

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/1...-negotiations/
I'll go a step further and say, in spite of what some say, I'd wager the overwhelming majority aren't well informed.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Getting mediators in is a very good sign. I agree with Russellmania that it probably should have been done a while ago though. They've been spinning their wheels for quite a while.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:46 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
C'Mon Russell, that requires common sense, and we both know, that isn't too common with these two jackwagons going head to head

Old
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Getting mediators in is a very good sign. I agree with Russellmania that it probably should have been done a while ago though. They've been spinning their wheels for quite a while.
to be honest, i'm not sure it will make much of a difference. but i do think they'll settle in a few weeks, mediator or not.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
According to LeBrun, Steve Fehr suggested it a while back and the NHL didn't like the idea. I'd link but I'm on the phone - ESPN.com.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:25 PM
patty59

Quote:
According to LeBrun, Steve Fehr suggested it a while back and the NHL didn't like the idea. I'd link but I'm on the phone - ESPN.com.
End of the day, I doubt it changes anything. It could actually turn out to be more of a distraction than anything else. But who konws, maybe it helps.

I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
End of the day, I doubt it changes anything. It could actually turn out to be more of a distraction than anything else. But who konws, maybe it helps.

I'm not holding my breath at this point.
It'll be a feather in someones bonnet and that's about it. Whoever's side of the line the mediators fall on will try to use it as sway and will no doubt hope to gain more of a positive public perception, but I don't think public perception really matters to either side.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Unfortunately Federal Mediators were brought in just before they folded the entire season one of the last times this malarky went on (isn't it amazing I can actually type ONE of the last times!?!?).

I'd like to be hopeful, but non-binding mediation is a tough road. I sincerely doubt anyone from the outside will come up with an angle or approach that hasn't already been thought of and dismissed by one party or both -- and in the absence of a binding mediation process, that is what's needed.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Per weei the mediators have been dismissed over an allegedly hacked Twitter account. this is laughable. ..

Old
11-26-2012, 06:25 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Per weei the mediators have been dismissed over an allegedly hacked Twitter account. this is laughable. ..
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3346--nhl.html

Guy Serota was originally assigned but was removed after the discovery of his Twitter account that he said was "hacked" from what I understand.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 11-26-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
The mediators wont work anyways. The big Board meeting next Wednesday should tell us all we need to know. That is the day of reckoning. Jeremy Jacobs seems to be one of the most powerful men in this and he does not want revenue sharing increased. Its that simple.

That meeting should be epic- sort of like all the pirates meeting in the third movie of the series. Not sure who Keith Richard would play but this is going to be awesome and the real hate is going to come out. All the self interest and reality the boat is heading for the falls is going to set in.

They will blink- they have to or there league should be slotted Saturday mornings between Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes (good bye NHL Network, hello Cartoon Network.....thhhhhhhhhhhhat's All Folks)

Old
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3346--nhl.html

Guy Serota was originally assigned but was removed after the discovery of his Twitter account that he said was "hacked" from what I understand.
I'm not sure I've seen anything on his feed that was offensive in the slightest.

Is it that he's a Democrat that makes people so upset?

I don't understand.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
The mediators contacted the two parties not the other way around so this is pretty useless IMO.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
The mediators contacted the two parties not the other way around so this is pretty useless IMO.
What difference does that make? It's not how you start that's important, it's how you finish.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
What difference does that make? It's not how you start that's important, it's how you finish.
Well if the mediators are the only ones showing interest in joining the discussions, and the NHL/NHLPA have no interest in bringing in a 3rd party...that makes a huge difference.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:27 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Well if the mediators are the only ones showing interest in joining the discussions, and the NHL/NHLPA have no interest in bringing in a 3rd party...that makes a huge difference.
Bettman has no interest in this. He and Jacobs are ruining the sport. This article sums it up.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ts/711279964/?

Quote:
Unfortunately, it misses the point because a deal is already on the table, waiting to be approved by the owners.

The reason thereís no agreement yet is that Gary Bettman has made promises he canít keep. And if he doesnít keep them and loses half an NHL season ó or more ó in the process, he will be out of a job that pays him $8 million a year.

Thatís why thereís been little negotiation from the NHL. Thatís why thereís no hockey. And thatís why there wonít be hockey until the owners order Bettman to sit down and negotiate, or a union decertification forces the league to bargain instead of bleed.

See, Bettman promised seven or eight owners that he could get another lopsided deal. If he doesnít get it after losing a billion dollars in league revenue, heís probably out of a job.

So Bettman is holding up the game to save himself, and one imagines heís still convincing a small group of men that he can squeeze more from the players. That small group of owners, in turn, is keeping the arenas silent.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
If they had no interest, they could say "thanks, but no thanks."

Old
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Shaun
beauty

Jeremy stays winning.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

So which side is paying off the Feds ..........

Old
11-27-2012, 12:59 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Bettman has no interest in this. He and Jacobs are ruining the sport. This article sums it up.

It's great to see them finally getting the press they deserve.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post

That article doesn't seem biased in the least. Bettman is the devil, it's all his fault, rah rah. Trying to screw those poor unfortunate players who should get their 57%, why should owners get more then 43% of the revenue from their franchises. Who can live off 10 million a year these days? Who cares if teams can't make money, we're talking about putting these players 3rd and 4th houses on the line here. Did he mention how much Bettman makes?

Quote:
Many fans donít have a side in this fight. They want their hockey and wish a pox upon both houses, which they view as greedy and unreasonable.

What they should understand is Gary Bettman did this. Gary Bettman and a few owners ó who want more for them and less for the players ó did this to hockey. Itís their team, their house and their game. They have the puck and until they drop it, thereís no NHL.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
That article doesn't seem biased in the least. Bettman is the devil, it's all his fault, rah rah. Trying to screw those poor unfortunate players who should get their 57%, why should owners get more then 43% of the revenue from their franchises. Who can live off 10 million a year these days? Who cares if teams can't make money, we're talking about putting these players 3rd and 4th houses on the line here. Did he mention how much Bettman makes?
Once again I think you're going a bit overboard here. Everyone who is pro owner around here is saying that bettman and the owners are doing this to better the game. All they're doing is screwing over the fans. Also 2 lockouts in the last 8 years? ya seems to me the owners give a **** about us fans. And no.. i don't feel the same about the players either. Both sides are at fault. Don't know why you choose to put a scarlet letter one over the other.

Closed Thread