HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012 CBA Discussion Part IV (Lockout talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I have often questioned his judgement. I have not called him a "liar."
When you say a reporter has zero creditability,their facts are wrong or what they write isn't believable your basically calling them a liar.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
In response....
Yup. And in his article, he provides evidence. Good for him.

Unless, to reiterate, he's making it up. If he is, he should be fired.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yup. And in his article, he provides evidence. Good for him.

Unless, to reiterate, he's making it up. If he is, he should be fired.
That's what you consider evidence today? Cause were it a player he was talking about you would dismiss it as a bogus unnamed source and Haggs carrying out his agenda, being the apparent attention ***** he is. At least, that's been your stance on many of Haggs pieces in the past whether they had to do with Seguin, Chara, or Thomas.

It's amazing how quickly you choose to believe Haggs when he says something you agree with, but how easily dismissive you are when he doesn't.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

NHL Team Values 2012: Toronto Maple Leafs Are First Hockey Team Worth $1 Billion
Quote:
But the spread between the rich and poor teams is dramatic. The five most valuable teams–the Maple Leafs ($1 billion), New York Rangers ($750 million), Montreal Canadiens ($575 million), Chicago Blackhawks ($350 million) and Boston Bruins ($348 million)–are worth $605 million, on average. The five least valuable–the Carolina Hurricanes ($162 million), New York Islanders ($155 million), Columbus Blue Jackets ($145 million), Phoenix Coyotes ($134 million) and St. Louis Blues ($130 million)–are worth just $145 million, on average.

There is also an incredible bifurcation of cash flow. Overall operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) almost doubled during the 2011-12 season, to $250 million. But the sport’s three most profitable teams–the Maple Leafs ($81.9 million), Rangers ($74 million), Canadians ($51.6 million)–accounted for 83% of the league’s income, while 13 of 30 teams lost money, before non-cash expenses and interest payments.

If the salary cap were lowered to, say, 50% of revenue and the subsidies from high-revenue teams to their low-revenue rivals were increased to $200 million from the current $150 million, which is essentially where the two sides seem to be headed, small-market team values would get a big boost (as was the case in the NBA when the New Orleans Hornets and Memphis Grizzles sold for $338 million and $330 million, respectively, after the league worked out a new labor pact last year). The league’s overall profitability would also increase. But teams like the Carolina Hurricanes, Phoenix Coyotes, Tampa Bay Lightning, Anaheim Ducks and Columbus Blue Jackets would still have trouble making money unless they went at least two rounds in the playoffs.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
If he didn't ok the extra money for Peverley and Kelly to put us over the cap (had to LTIR Savard) we would have never won that Cup...
Sure. Do I get to list all the things he's done wrong? because I'm fairly certain one list will be much longer than the other.

JJ has made his money many times over on Bruins fans. IMO he owed them/us, still does. Maybe when the lockout he's pushing ends he can do something else right.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Sure. Do I get to list all the things he's done wrong? because I'm fairly certain one list will be much longer than the other.

JJ has made his money many times over on Bruins fans. IMO he owed them/us, still does. Maybe when the lockout he's pushing ends he can do something else right.
Out of curiosity, I'd love to see a list. Type away

Old
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Out of curiosity, I'd love to see a list. Type away
Can we start with the last lockout that he completley miscalualted? How about 3 guys he just signed before the current CBA expired because he was expecting another roll back?

Old
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Can we start with the last lockout that he completley miscalualted? How about 3 guys he just signed before the current CBA expired because he was expecting another roll back?

proof or assumption?

Old
11-28-2012, 01:48 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahbrations View Post
Haggs is a hack, unless he writes an opinion piece that aligns with my bias!
my confusion lies in the fact that "haggs" didn't mention tim thomas or chick fil-A or the white house once in that entire article.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
proof or assumption?
Then why would they be signed at that point? because he thought the players would be getting more?

Old
11-28-2012, 02:00 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
my confusion lies in the fact that "haggs" didn't mention tim thomas or chick fil-A or the white house once in that entire article.
Or the man's name who was so rudely interrupted.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Then why would they be signed at that point? because he thought the players would be getting more?
I'm not trying to side with JJ here, but it could just be that he allows his GM to actually be a GM.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
I'm not trying to side with JJ here, but it could just be that he allows his GM to actually be a GM.
He's one of the driving forces behind this lockout, he's going to let Chia sign these guys to these deals right before a lockout? I have nou doubt he's expecting a roll back of some sort. He was caught with his pants down the last time.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

In 04 I'm sure JJ tip his hand to MOC on what was coming but that roster mess was all MOC doing. After the lockout ended MOC signed players were players he tried to trade for earlier and always coveted. Isbister, Scatchard, Leetch, Zhamnov. Too bad they were all past their prime. He even traded for Stuart who was someone he always wanted.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
now there's an idea

Old
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I spent my first 10-15 years of being a Bruins fan hating JJ. What did that get me? nothing because he is not selling the team.

So what do I do now? Root for the NHL to change the way JJ wants it too. It worked beautify in 2004. People may say since they spend to the cap, the team won't benefit from a 7% reduction... but that 7% can pay for more scouts and management.

As for 2004.. I don't think JJ or any other NHL GM expected the 24% rollback (which the players offered). It allowed the Detroits of the world to keep their players.

In the end, it seems much more likely that the NHL financial landscape will change to match JJ needs, than JJ will change his business model to keep the team competitive. Which is why I can't see how a Bruins fan would be behind Fehr and his hatred to the salary cap. Take that away and we are back to pre 2004 Bruins... eww.

1994 lockout was a big victory for the players... is it a coincidence it also began one of the worst stretched in Bruins history?

Old
11-28-2012, 03:17 PM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I spent my first 10-15 years of being a Bruins fan hating JJ. What did that get me? nothing because he is not selling the team.

So what do I do now? Root for the NHL to change the way JJ wants it too. It worked beautify in 2004. People may say since they spend to the cap, the team won't benefit from a 7% reduction... but that 7% can pay for more scouts and management.

As for 2004.. I don't think JJ or any other NHL GM expected the 24% rollback (which the players offered). It allowed the Detroits of the world to keep their players.

In the end, it seems much more likely that the NHL financial landscape will change to match JJ needs, than JJ will change his business model to keep the team competitive. Which is why I can't see how a Bruins fan would be behind Fehr and his hatred to the salary cap. Take that away and we are back to pre 2004 Bruins... eww.

1994 lockout was a big victory for the players... is it a coincidence it also began one of the worst stretched in Bruins history?
This is a really thoughtful post. I'm on board.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Bill Daly and a team source tell me Jacobs-Jets rep incident never happened #NHLJets #bn
Lawless 2 - Haggs 1

Old
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Typical

Old
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Lawless 2 - Haggs 1
and there's also this one:

Ted Wyman ‏@Ted_Wyman
Am now told by two sources the incident between Jeremy Jacobs and #NHLJets never happened #NHLPA #CBA

Old
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Ouch... right in the credibility.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
bruinsfan46

Because Bill Daly would never lie about something like this. Haggs is terrible and could have made it up, but the NHL side denying it even if it happened isn't surprising. So in essence I have no idea.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Because Bill Daly would never lie about something like this. Haggs is terrible and could have made it up, but the NHL side denying it even if it happened isn't surprising. So in essence I have no idea.
Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Bill Daly and a team source tell me Jacobs-Jets rep incident never happened #NHLJets #bn
Quote:
Ted Wyman ‏@Ted_Wyman
Am now told by two sources the incident between Jeremy Jacobs and #NHLJets never happened #NHLPA #CBA
Looks like Haggs loses to me.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Ouch... right in the credibility.
He never had any to begin with. Glad he's been exposed as a liar.

I am Boston Strong

Closed Thread