HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Beaudangles19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Supposedly Shero said that the camp roster would be limited to 24-26 players, my list had 26 players. I guess you could lose Mac as he isn't actually needed in camp.
Ya doubt he comes. Maybe strait doesent go. Idk we will see

Old
01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
do we know when the deadline will be?
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

Checked w/a couple GMs and they anticipated an early April trade deadline. @Real_ESPNLeBrun reporting that league suggesting April 5.

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/st...44643327832064

Old
01-06-2013, 04:59 PM
mpp9

I don't like that. Not enough time for any deadline acquisitions to gel with the team. Hopefully we'll make a hockey trade or two well before then.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I don't like that. Not enough time for any deadline acquisitions to gel with the team. Hopefully we'll make a hockey trade or two well before then.
Keep in mind that with a shortened season, more teams are going to think they're in the running for the playoffs later than usual. If you had an earlier trade deadline, you'd see considerably less movement because everybody would still think they had a shot.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Superstar Shane

I believe the playoffs are supposed to start later this year than normal too.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

They are. They're supposed to go to the end of June basically. Not really sure how this plays into the Draft and other previously scheduled events.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Keep in mind that with a shortened season, more teams are going to think they're in the running for the playoffs later than usual. If you had an earlier trade deadline, you'd see considerably less movement because everybody would still think they had a shot.
Possibly. But I just don't want a repeat of last season where the team looks lost. We need them to be a well oiled machine going into the postseason. Make the changes as early as possible.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Possibly. But I just don't want a repeat of last season where the team looks lost. We need them to be a well oiled machine going into the postseason. Make the changes as early as possible.
The addition of the best player in the world is obviously going to upset the apple cart on everything offense-related. I don't think anybody we get this year will make that much of a cosmic shift.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
The addition of the best player in the world is obviously going to upset the apple cart on everything offense-related.
Brandon Sutter?

I'm a dope.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
The addition of the best player in the world is obviously going to upset the apple cart on everything offense-related. I don't think anybody we get this year will make that much of a cosmic shift.
our lines lost their identity when he came back. Nobody took over the defensive role on the third line. We just had 3 scoring lines and an energy line. Like you said, that shouldn't happen again.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
mpp9

Quote:
We're going to have a decent amount of change in the way this team is made up this season. Sutter, top 6 forward holes, Niskanen as a top 4 D-man, youth on D.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
We're going to have a decent amount of change in the way this team is made up this season. Sutter, top 6 forward holes, Niskanen as a top 4 D-man, youth on D.
Yeah, but those should be ironed out by the deadline.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:30 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Going to be exciting.

I really hate not getting to have a preseason to see how Bennett and Crosby might have looked together.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
I'm a dope.

What if your hou... what if your dope......... was on fire?

Old
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Just as a side note, how many goals per game do you think WBS would average for the rest of the year if Bennett and Tangradi both earned roster spots in Pittsburgh?

0.5? 0.75?

Old
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Just as a side note, how many goals per game do you think WBS would average for the rest of the year if Bennett and Tangradi both earned roster spots in Pittsburgh?

0.5? 0.75?
Their offense will improve a bit if only because their division is loaded down with NHL quality goalies. Holtby will be gone from Hershey, one of Lehner/Bishop will be with the Sens, Andersen has a good shot at being the Ducks back-up. Those 4 goalies have .923/.928/.932/.944 save%'s.

So the offense may not be prettier, but it'll likely benefit from a decent increase in crappy goals.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
JTG

If Tangradi and Bennett are both gone, that WBS team is going to be a pathetic thing to watch.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
If Tangradi and Bennett are both gone, that WBS team is going to be a pathetic thing to watch.
More playing time for Kuhnhackl and Uher though at least.

How long is Kuhnhackl out anyway?

Next season though will be a really interesting one for WBS. They'll potentially be getting...

Forwards
Agostino
Archibald
Hanowski
Rust
Wilson
Zlobin

Defense
Harrington
Ruopp
Seymour

Obviously not all of those players will be on the team, but that's a lot of potential for an infusion of drafted talent.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudangles13 View Post
Forewords are about right. But on the D despres and morrow will definitly be there
Morrow has no shot at camp. He's had a rough season so far in WBS. Despres will be there but I doubt he has a spot locked up. He's had a lackluster season so far also along with Strait. Although I think Strait has had injury problems this season.
Bortuzzo probably has a spot locked up though. He's played really well and I doubt he would make it through waivers.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Today's game could of been a preview. The goalie that posted a shutout against them today entered the game with 4.84 gaa and .855 save% in first 7 starts...then he goes and picks up a shutout.

Hopefully Kuhnhackl is getting closer to coming back to the lineup cause those lines are looking terrible. Without Bennett or Tangradi, only forwards worth paying attention to are Megna and Uher, and the latter is more of an energy player.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Hottubber

Any word on kevin veilleux

Old
01-06-2013, 07:31 PM
stefanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Today's game could of been a preview. The goalie that posted a shutout against them today entered the game with 4.84 gaa and .855 save% in first 7 starts...then he goes and picks up a shutout.

Hopefully Kuhnhackl is getting closer to coming back to the lineup cause those lines are looking terrible. Without Bennett or Tangradi, only forwards worth paying attention to are Megna and Uher, and the latter is more of an energy player.
I would add Holzapfel

Old
01-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanh View Post
I would add Holzapfel
I wouldn't hold my breath on him. He's not particularly old but this is his 5th full season in the AHL and he still hasn't cracked 40 pts in a season yet and his time playing without Bennett on his line this year hasn't shown anything. He went about 8 games while Bennett was out and had 1 pt, then Bennett came back and he pts in the next 2, then no Bennett again today and he was scoreless.

Don't think there's much there with him.

As for Veilleux, don't think it matters at this point. Can't see the team bringing him back next season. Not worth a contract when you play about 70 games in a 4 year span. There's too many incoming forwards to keep him around and take up a contract spot in the place of a guy who might actual play some games.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
More playing time for Kuhnhackl and Uher though at least.

How long is Kuhnhackl out anyway?

Next season though will be a really interesting one for WBS. They'll potentially be getting...

Forwards
Agostino
Archibald
Hanowski
Rust
Wilson
Zlobin

Defense
Harrington
Ruopp
Seymour

Obviously not all of those players will be on the team, but that's a lot of potential for an infusion of drafted talent.
Hanowski will definitely be there and hopefully Zlobin but all the others will be back in college IMO.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Hanowski will definitely be there and hopefully Zlobin but all the others will be back in college IMO.
Yeah I figure that too, but you never know. They are all at least going to be of age.

Closed Thread