HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
wtbipyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecz View Post
I'm willing to give him one last shot at the big club on that line. I think it will be a revolving door for a fair bit of the season. I don't think he'll be effective in a bottom 6 role unless he develops a willingness to use his body.
At this point ... you either have the drive or you don't. Tangradi just doesn't have the work ethic you'd like to see out of someone trying to make it in the NHL. He constantly plays with his head down which you just CANNOT do with Malkin. I agree that that spot will be interesting. I do hope that TK can change his game and ignite that line like Kuni did.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
PA guy just said Bennett has flu-like symptoms tonight. Hope that's why he has looked slow tonight...
It looks like the flu excuse is true

Quote:
Beau Bennett ‏@BeauBennett78
The flu is no fun

Old
01-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

It's probably Mono, the kissing disease.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I'd kiss him.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
In all honesty he's probably already had mono, which you can only have once. So unless he's never had it, then this isn't mono.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:31 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
In all honesty he's probably already had mono, which you can only have once. So unless he's never had it, then this isn't mono.
Not to be pedantic, but for some people, the virus can be become active more than once past the initial infection. It's very rare, but it's not impossible.

But whatevs.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Not to be pedantic, but for some people, the virus can be become active more than once past the initial infection. It's very rare, but it's not impossible.

But whatevs.
Huh, guess you learn somethin new every day, thanks for being pedantic!

Old
01-10-2013, 09:00 AM
bigd

Quote:

But whatevs.
I heard half the team is sick with the flu. I think it started with Strait last week. That's why he was out of the first two games last weekend. I don't know what the Pens brass are going to take away from last nights game. None of them looked ready to play in the NHL.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:13 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
I heard half the team is sick with the flu. I think it started with Strait last week. That's why he was out of the first two games last weekend.
Those dudes should really stop sneezing on each other. It's gross.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:43 AM
bigd

Quote:
Those dudes should really stop sneezing on each other. It's gross.
I heard the other day that germs from a sneeze can travel up to 20 feet. So one sneeze on the bus and everyone is infected.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:01 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:

But whatevs.
Didn't Kennedy have a couple bouts with mono a few years back?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
wej20

need to start quarantining the players.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
need to start quarantining the players.
How do you bring up a player that has the flu? Very risky! That would be a real kick in the pants if a player couldn't go to camp just because he had the flu.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Didn't Kennedy have a couple bouts with mono a few years back?
He did. Convinced some poor person to lick his snout.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
NYI365
Let's Go Islanders!

Hey all, quick question from an Isles fan here. I have tix for the AHL Winter Clsssic game between the Bears and WBS Penguins the 19-20. I was wondering any opinion on what i should do regarding the alumni game on the 19? Is it worth going to? But with the Isles home opener the 19 any recommendations on which game i should go to, isles home opener or alumni game?

Old
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
LECROSKIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
Hey all, quick question from an Isles fan here. I have tix for the AHL Winter Clsssic game between the Bears and WBS Penguins the 19-20. I was wondering any opinion on what i should do regarding the alumni game on the 19? Is it worth going to? But with the Isles home opener the 19 any recommendations on which game i should go to, isles home opener or alumni game?
follow your heart. NHL>>AHL ALUM

Old
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI365 View Post
Isles home opener for sure.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:50 PM
steelcityassault

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
Tangradi absolutely does NOT deserve a shot with Malkin-Neal. He has ZERO energy for forecheck. Kuni thrived there because he is a rock and has some hands. I want no part of Tangradi on the 2nd line or on the Pens at all.
“Tangradi's been dominant down low,” Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma said. “He’s been hard to handle around the net. You’ve seen that materialize in the power-play goals that he’s gotten and leading the team in goals. I think if you watch the games, he’s really distinguished himself as one of the better power players in the AHL. You see that almost night after night. He’s been a real leader in that regard.”

"Penguins still very high on Tangradi, believe in him majorly. He didn't move up on the lineup because of line chemistry that was already in place. Believe he can be a power forward in this league and is still a major part of the organization."

Good thing you don't have a say in anything

Old
01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
“Tangradi's been dominant down low,” Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma said. “He’s been hard to handle around the net. You’ve seen that materialize in the power-play goals that he’s gotten and leading the team in goals. I think if you watch the games, he’s really distinguished himself as one of the better power players in the AHL. You see that almost night after night. He’s been a real leader in that regard.”

"Penguins still very high on Tangradi, believe in him majorly. He didn't move up on the lineup because of line chemistry that was already in place. Believe he can be a power forward in this league and is still a major part of the organization."

Good thing you don't have a say in anything
That's actually nice to hear that the Pens are still high on him and think he can be an NHL power forward, if you listen to HF you would think he's just a 4th line plug with minimal 3rd line upside, he's always shot down in trade proposals, etc. I'd keep him and I think he would be the best fit with Malkin and Neal. People may not realize it, but Tangradi has hands and playmaking ability, he can also skate pretty well for his size. During the lockout, Josh Yohe gave a scouting report on some prospects. About Tangradi, he said he's ready for the NHL. It's up to him if he's ready for flourish in the NHL, but he's overpowering guys in the AHL. Those were almost Yohe's exact words when following WBS.

It's obviosuly a competition and he has to earn the spot, but I wouldn't count him out, I'm actually rooting for him to be that 2nd line LW.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
That's actually nice to hear that the Pens are still high on him and think he can be an NHL power forward, if you listen to HF you would think he's just a 4th line plug with minimal 3rd line upside, he's always shot down in trade proposals, etc. I'd keep him and I think he would be the best fit with Malkin and Neal. People may not realize it, but Tangradi has hands and playmaking ability, he can also skate pretty well for his size. During the lockout, Josh Yohe gave a scouting report on some prospects. About Tangradi, he said he's ready for the NHL. It's up to him if he's ready for flourish in the NHL, but he's overpowering guys in the AHL. Those were almost Yohe's exact words when following WBS.

It's obviosuly a competition and he has to earn the spot, but I wouldn't count him out, I'm actually rooting for him to be that 2nd line LW.
I agree with you on your overall opinion of Tangradi, but this recent cold-streak should be concerning. When you watched Tangradi at the beginning of this year, it was a site to see. He was simply dominating the opposition. There is a problem however, he hasn't done anything for the last 15+ games. It's understandable for players to hit cold streaks, but one this long, and add in the fact that his overall play has regressed, it's concerning.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:45 AM
JTG

Is it a cold streak, or does the team just flat out suck?

After watching 11 or 12 WBS games this year, I have a hard time placing any sort of opinion on their play from WBS. That team is completely devoid of any talent to help our legitimate NHL prospects.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Will Hunting

Oh dear God. OMG. Sounds like Tangradi could get a chance. I want no part of him anywhere close to Pittsburgh and especially Malkin. He looks comletely lost in AHL for 20 games in a row, soo wtf is Bylsma saying... Where is he watching?? *****.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Solution

I can not answer whether Wilkes Barre just does not have the talented AHL players or not. It does not appear so. I did read Bombulie's blog entry on the last WBS game, and he mentioned that Tangradi and Thompson were noteworthy for all of their work down low in the offensive zone. In fact, he seemed to think that was the only thing noteworthy from the game besides Bennett passing instead of shooting on a 2-1.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Will Hunting

Oh yeah, I wanted to say it after last game but I forgot. Morrow was brutal in that last game. 80% of his passes were just fails. His defensive work was very bad, again. I have concerns for this kid, seriously. I understand that it´s not easy for him, but this looks too extreme.

Also, there were some bad turnovers made by Despres, Dumoulin stepping up in those situations was the reason why they didn´t lead to opp. goals.. Bennett was unimpressive, probably the worst game I´ve seen him play. I want to believe that flu´ excuse. Looks like our prospects are burned there in WBS. There are no goals, no fun.

Last edited by Will Hunting: 01-11-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old
01-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Bold Prediction: If Tangradi plays with Geno and Neal full time, he will produce within 5 points of Kunitz at even strength. Obviously I can't account for a difference in powerplay time.

Closed Thread