HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2012, 11:32 AM
  #151
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Don't look now...Bennett leading the team in points.
He has been for over a week now.

penguins2946* is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 11:47 AM
  #152
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,257
vCash: 500
Great to hear Bennett's finding his bearings.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
  #153
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,896
vCash: 500
Well MacIntyre was scratched so things... escalated quickly.

Morrow vs. Clackson:



Morrow got his hands up when he hit Clackson, so the guy jumped him. Joe will be okay. He's a strong kid and got into fights regularly back in the WHL.

From the same night, ****-disturber extraordinaire Bobby Farnham takes on Jeff Taffe:



No video for the third fight at the end of the game that got Uher and Marshall kicked out with game misconducts.

Burgs is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
  #154
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,408
vCash: 500
OK, I love Bobby Farnham. I still don't get how this guy didn't catch on with 3 other AHL teams.

My favorite kind of hockey player is the Ivy-league ****-disturber.

Jacob is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 01:50 PM
  #155
steelcityassault
Registered User
 
steelcityassault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500

steelcityassault is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
  #156
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes
 
Randy Butternubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Farnham-Veilleux-Uher would be a pain in the ass to play against.

Randy Butternubs is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:44 PM
  #157
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
OK, I love Bobby Farnham. I still don't get how this guy didn't catch on with 3 other AHL teams.

My favorite kind of hockey player is the Ivy-league ****-disturber.
And why are guys from Ivy League always **** disturbers? It's sort of one of those weird things.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:58 PM
  #158
Freeptop
Registered User
 
Freeptop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
He got the Staal deal correct, and 2 days before he posted a very similar deal to what actually happened (Staal and Martin for Sutter, Faulk and the 8th pick).
And about two weeks before that, Chip Alexander, the beat reporter for the Hurricanes, had predicted a very similar deal to what happened in a radio interview (though as I recall, he'd reported Pitkanen coming back instead of Dumoulin... I rather like what actually happened better than that one, but I don't have a high opinion of Pitkanen). And it isn't like he was the only one predicting such things. You could simply look back through the trade proposal threads and find deals very similar for several months prior to the trade.

If anything, the fact that Rossi had Martin going to Carolina and Faulk coming back shows just how far off he was, considering other places had predicted deals closer to that before him.

Freeptop is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
  #159
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,891
vCash: 500
A Faulk for Martin swap in that deal would have severely swung that deal in our favor.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  #160
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
And why are guys from Ivy League always **** disturbers? It's sort of one of those weird things.
I guess they're smart enough to realize they won't make it in pro hockey on skill alone.

Jacob is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:12 PM
  #161
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Seriously. How anyone that's actually in the hockey business could make a statement like that is beyond me.

Maybe Kraft would've made it if the organization actually recognized his weaknesses and targeted them for improvement.
And as for Kris Beech, well the best thing he ever did in Pittsburgh was Sonni Abatta.

clefty is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
  #162
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,408
vCash: 500
Hiyoooo!

Jacob is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 10:34 PM
  #163
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,394
vCash: 500
I've been sitting on that one for a while.

clefty is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
  #164
Solution
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cheswick, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Well played clefty. Well played.

Solution is online now  
Old
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
  #165
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
And as for Kris Beech, well the best thing he ever did in Pittsburgh was Sonni Abatta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Hiyoooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
I've been sitting on that one for a while.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:44 AM
  #166
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Well MacIntyre was scratched so things... escalated quickly.

Morrow vs. Clackson:



Morrow got his hands up when he hit Clackson, so the guy jumped him. Joe will be okay. He's a strong kid and got into fights regularly back in the WHL.

From the same night, ****-disturber extraordinaire Bobby Farnham takes on Jeff Taffe:



No video for the third fight at the end of the game that got Uher and Marshall kicked out with game misconducts.

Morrow has 17 fights in about 5 seasons. He's fought Josh Caron and Campbell Elynuik. MacIntyre HAS to be in the lineup on Wednesday.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
  #167
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
This has probably been posted a while back but in case no one saw it an interesting 24/7 episode for WBS. A little cheesy in spots but you get to see some interviews with Hynes, Elmer, Dangles, etc. Shows some scrimmages etc.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...9&cmpid=penstv


Last edited by Darth Vitale: 11-20-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
  #168
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
Looking at the WBS stats

http://www.wbspenguins.com/news-stat...yer_statistics

... two things stand out to me:

1) Our offensive totals are ****, although Tango is doing pretty well.
2) Zatkoff (sp?) even though his W-L record is mediocre (not surprising given the offensive void), his GAA and SV % are great. That's a very good thing, potentially.

For those of you who have been watching the games what are your impressions of these two? In particular do you think Zatkoff is ready to back up at the NHL level if called to (thinking if one of our two-headed monster get hurt), or is this a case of not being tested against good players? Seems like 11 games should be enough to judge by.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
  #169
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
I've been suprised with Eric Tangradi's goal production. He usually has more assists than goals.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
  #170
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 17,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Looking at the WBS stats

http://www.wbspenguins.com/news-stat...yer_statistics

... two things stand out to me:

1) Our offensive totals are ****, although Tango is doing pretty well.
2) Zatkoff (sp?) even though his W-L record is mediocre (not surprising given the offensive void), his GAA and SV % are great. That's a very good thing, potentially.

For those of you who have been watching the games what are your impressions of these two? In particular do you think Zatkoff is ready to back up at the NHL level if called to (thinking if one of our two-headed monster get hurt), or is this a case of not being tested against good players? Seems like 11 games should be enough to judge by.
From what I've seen Zatkoff has been very solid. He's been able to track pucks well and his rebound control seems to be good as well. I've also seen him make some pretty impressive saves. The kid looks good, and I think he could be a backup pretty soon, but not this year given Vokoun being on the team. At the very least Thiessen is on his way out the door IMO because of Zatkoff.

As far as Tangradi, he's made the front of the net his office. He's going to solve a lot of our net front issues on the PP if actually given a chance. He probably should have more assists, but his linemates are Ferriero and Smith (I think it's Smith) who haven't been able to produce. Ferriero particularly can't seem to find the back of the net to save his life.

I also have to say that Bennett is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He's improving and starting to gain confidence. Obviously there needs to be work done on his skating a bit and he needs to get better at playing along the boards against men, but the skill is coming to the top. I also think he's the kind of player that will produce more with highly skilled players with the way he thinks the game.

edit: Oh yeah, and I ****ing love Uher. He's going to be a fan favorite reeeeal quick once he makes it to the NHL.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
  #171
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
Wolverines: If you extrapolate out to last year's totals after 30-some games, he's on pace to make a nice improvement in the goals dept and a big drop in the A department. Has he been playing on a line with Bennett? That might explain the lack of A. Bennett has big shot totals but obviously not many pts yet. [never mind on that last question... just saw Ron B's post.]

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
  #172
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 17,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Wolverines: If you extrapolate out to last year's totals after 30-some games, he's on pace to make a nice improvement in the goals dept and a big drop in the A department. Has he been playing on a line with Bennett? That might explain the lack of A. Bennett has big shot totals but obviously not many pts yet. [never mind on that last question... just saw Ron B's post.]
Bennett actually doesn't have that many SOG, just 26 (compared to team leading Tangradi at 54). Also Bennett is leading the team in points.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
  #173
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I also have to say that Bennett is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He's improving and starting to gain confidence. Obviously there needs to be work done on his skating a bit and he needs to get better at playing along the boards against men, but the skill is coming to the top. I also think he's the kind of player that will produce more with highly skilled players with the way he thinks the game.

edit: Oh yeah, and I ****ing love Uher. He's going to be a fan favorite reeeeal quick once he makes it to the NHL.

Bennett: surprising to me they don't put him on a line with Tango since they play opposite wing. Could make a nice "power line" to boost scoring some. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Uher: I am looking forward to seeing this guy. Basically a better version of Talbot sounds like, with more edge?

Can you imagine the power of Jeffrey - Uher - Vitale? Teams will tremble at the onslaught of energy and gritty skills. And any of those three can play C when needed / take draws. Formidable 4th Line Power ™ Even some scoring punch with Jeffrey.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
  #174
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 17,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Bennett: surprising to me they don't put him on a line with Tango since they play opposite wing. Could make a nice "power line" to boost scoring some. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Uher: I am looking forward to seeing this guy. Basically a better version of Talbot sounds like, with more edge?
Talbot would be a good comparable I believe. I also likened him to Cooke since Cooke likes to stir **** up, and hits everything that moves. Well at least the non-neutered version of Cooke.

As for Bennett, they've had him on a line with Kuhnhackl recently with Holzapfel centering. I don't think they want to give Bennett top line duty yet just because he's a rookie. Either that or they tried him with Tangradi and it wasn't working out early in the season, but I didn't watch too many of the early season games.

MrBurgundy is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 03:06 PM
  #175
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
Yah I guess that's true... with the bigger roster of more experienced guys... can't just send Bennett to the front because of where he was picked. He may also think the game quicker than Tango or those other guys, resulting in miscues.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.