HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 11:32 AM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Don't look now...Bennett leading the team in points.
He has been for over a week now.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Great to hear Bennett's finding his bearings.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Burgs

Well MacIntyre was scratched so things... escalated quickly.

Morrow vs. Clackson:

Morrow got his hands up when he hit Clackson, so the guy jumped him. Joe will be okay. He's a strong kid and got into fights regularly back in the WHL.

From the same night, ****-disturber extraordinaire Bobby Farnham takes on Jeff Taffe:

No video for the third fight at the end of the game that got Uher and Marshall kicked out with game misconducts.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Jacob

OK, I love Bobby Farnham. I still don't get how this guy didn't catch on with 3 other AHL teams.

My favorite kind of hockey player is the Ivy-league ****-disturber.

Old
11-18-2012, 01:50 PM
steelcityassault

Old
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Farnham-Veilleux-Uher would be a pain in the ass to play against.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:44 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
OK, I love Bobby Farnham. I still don't get how this guy didn't catch on with 3 other AHL teams.

My favorite kind of hockey player is the Ivy-league ****-disturber.
And why are guys from Ivy League always **** disturbers? It's sort of one of those weird things.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Freeptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
He got the Staal deal correct, and 2 days before he posted a very similar deal to what actually happened (Staal and Martin for Sutter, Faulk and the 8th pick).
And about two weeks before that, Chip Alexander, the beat reporter for the Hurricanes, had predicted a very similar deal to what happened in a radio interview (though as I recall, he'd reported Pitkanen coming back instead of Dumoulin... I rather like what actually happened better than that one, but I don't have a high opinion of Pitkanen). And it isn't like he was the only one predicting such things. You could simply look back through the trade proposal threads and find deals very similar for several months prior to the trade.

If anything, the fact that Rossi had Martin going to Carolina and Faulk coming back shows just how far off he was, considering other places had predicted deals closer to that before him.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
JTG

A Faulk for Martin swap in that deal would have severely swung that deal in our favor.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
And why are guys from Ivy League always **** disturbers? It's sort of one of those weird things.
I guess they're smart enough to realize they won't make it in pro hockey on skill alone.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:12 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Seriously. How anyone that's actually in the hockey business could make a statement like that is beyond me.

Maybe Kraft would've made it if the organization actually recognized his weaknesses and targeted them for improvement.
And as for Kris Beech, well the best thing he ever did in Pittsburgh was Sonni Abatta.

Old
11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Jacob

Hiyoooo!

Old
11-18-2012, 10:34 PM
clefty
What?

I've been sitting on that one for a while.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Solution

Well played clefty. Well played.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
And as for Kris Beech, well the best thing he ever did in Pittsburgh was Sonni Abatta.
Quote:
Hiyoooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
I've been sitting on that one for a while.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:44 AM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Well MacIntyre was scratched so things... escalated quickly.

Morrow vs. Clackson:

Morrow got his hands up when he hit Clackson, so the guy jumped him. Joe will be okay. He's a strong kid and got into fights regularly back in the WHL.

From the same night, ****-disturber extraordinaire Bobby Farnham takes on Jeff Taffe:

No video for the third fight at the end of the game that got Uher and Marshall kicked out with game misconducts.

Morrow has 17 fights in about 5 seasons. He's fought Josh Caron and Campbell Elynuik. MacIntyre HAS to be in the lineup on Wednesday.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

This has probably been posted a while back but in case no one saw it an interesting 24/7 episode for WBS. A little cheesy in spots but you get to see some interviews with Hynes, Elmer, Dangles, etc. Shows some scrimmages etc.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...9&cmpid=penstv

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 11-20-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Looking at the WBS stats

http://www.wbspenguins.com/news-stat...yer_statistics

... two things stand out to me:

1) Our offensive totals are ****, although Tango is doing pretty well.
2) Zatkoff (sp?) even though his W-L record is mediocre (not surprising given the offensive void), his GAA and SV % are great. That's a very good thing, potentially.

For those of you who have been watching the games what are your impressions of these two? In particular do you think Zatkoff is ready to back up at the NHL level if called to (thinking if one of our two-headed monster get hurt), or is this a case of not being tested against good players? Seems like 11 games should be enough to judge by.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

I've been suprised with Eric Tangradi's goal production. He usually has more assists than goals.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Looking at the WBS stats

http://www.wbspenguins.com/news-stat...yer_statistics

... two things stand out to me:

1) Our offensive totals are ****, although Tango is doing pretty well.
2) Zatkoff (sp?) even though his W-L record is mediocre (not surprising given the offensive void), his GAA and SV % are great. That's a very good thing, potentially.

For those of you who have been watching the games what are your impressions of these two? In particular do you think Zatkoff is ready to back up at the NHL level if called to (thinking if one of our two-headed monster get hurt), or is this a case of not being tested against good players? Seems like 11 games should be enough to judge by.
From what I've seen Zatkoff has been very solid. He's been able to track pucks well and his rebound control seems to be good as well. I've also seen him make some pretty impressive saves. The kid looks good, and I think he could be a backup pretty soon, but not this year given Vokoun being on the team. At the very least Thiessen is on his way out the door IMO because of Zatkoff.

As far as Tangradi, he's made the front of the net his office. He's going to solve a lot of our net front issues on the PP if actually given a chance. He probably should have more assists, but his linemates are Ferriero and Smith (I think it's Smith) who haven't been able to produce. Ferriero particularly can't seem to find the back of the net to save his life.

I also have to say that Bennett is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He's improving and starting to gain confidence. Obviously there needs to be work done on his skating a bit and he needs to get better at playing along the boards against men, but the skill is coming to the top. I also think he's the kind of player that will produce more with highly skilled players with the way he thinks the game.

edit: Oh yeah, and I ****ing love Uher. He's going to be a fan favorite reeeeal quick once he makes it to the NHL.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Wolverines: If you extrapolate out to last year's totals after 30-some games, he's on pace to make a nice improvement in the goals dept and a big drop in the A department. Has he been playing on a line with Bennett? That might explain the lack of A. Bennett has big shot totals but obviously not many pts yet. [never mind on that last question... just saw Ron B's post.]

Old
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Wolverines: If you extrapolate out to last year's totals after 30-some games, he's on pace to make a nice improvement in the goals dept and a big drop in the A department. Has he been playing on a line with Bennett? That might explain the lack of A. Bennett has big shot totals but obviously not many pts yet. [never mind on that last question... just saw Ron B's post.]
Bennett actually doesn't have that many SOG, just 26 (compared to team leading Tangradi at 54). Also Bennett is leading the team in points.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I also have to say that Bennett is looking more and more comfortable with each passing game. He's improving and starting to gain confidence. Obviously there needs to be work done on his skating a bit and he needs to get better at playing along the boards against men, but the skill is coming to the top. I also think he's the kind of player that will produce more with highly skilled players with the way he thinks the game.

edit: Oh yeah, and I ****ing love Uher. He's going to be a fan favorite reeeeal quick once he makes it to the NHL.

Bennett: surprising to me they don't put him on a line with Tango since they play opposite wing. Could make a nice "power line" to boost scoring some. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Uher: I am looking forward to seeing this guy. Basically a better version of Talbot sounds like, with more edge?

Can you imagine the power of Jeffrey - Uher - Vitale? Teams will tremble at the onslaught of energy and gritty skills. And any of those three can play C when needed / take draws. Formidable 4th Line Power ™ Even some scoring punch with Jeffrey.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Bennett: surprising to me they don't put him on a line with Tango since they play opposite wing. Could make a nice "power line" to boost scoring some. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Uher: I am looking forward to seeing this guy. Basically a better version of Talbot sounds like, with more edge?
Talbot would be a good comparable I believe. I also likened him to Cooke since Cooke likes to stir **** up, and hits everything that moves. Well at least the non-neutered version of Cooke.

As for Bennett, they've had him on a line with Kuhnhackl recently with Holzapfel centering. I don't think they want to give Bennett top line duty yet just because he's a rookie. Either that or they tried him with Tangradi and it wasn't working out early in the season, but I didn't watch too many of the early season games.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Yah I guess that's true... with the bigger roster of more experienced guys... can't just send Bennett to the front because of where he was picked. He may also think the game quicker than Tango or those other guys, resulting in miscues.

Closed Thread