HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2012, 12:29 PM
  #376
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 50
Philly

Booth-Plekanec-M Johansson
Nyquist-Turris-C Stewart
Wiinik-Burmistrov-G Bourque
Glennie-Hanson-Fehr

Hedman-Gorges
Rundblad-Fayne
Nikitin-Elliot

Rinne
Lindback

My team is pretty bad, very young and decent potential though, only two player 30 years or older. Looking to get depth at all positions, and looking to move a combo of my centers (Turris/Burmistrov/Plekanec/M Johansson) and Lindback for an upgrade on the wing (preferably right, but not picky).

tv14 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
  #377
TheLarsonator
Registered User
 
TheLarsonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 473
Detroit will be on tonight after 5pm if anyone wants to get a few of our games played.

TheLarsonator is online now  
Old
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
  #378
Jepprey
Creeper
 
Jepprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
It sucks about our old league. I'm choked. Lol. Two years of crappiness followed by a lockout. Feels like oilers. I was enjoying undoing Steve YZermans work.

Anyways I put my request in for my old team. I certainly hope we can get both leagues going lol.

My team just got older. Stamkos Hedman turned into Malkin Chara. ******.

Jepprey is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
  #379
oilfan09
Registered User
 
oilfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Any vacant team or any GM on the western conference that would like to switch with Pittsburgh? Please let me know, thanks

oilfan09 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
  #380
Firefoxx
Registered User
 
Firefoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
So I think I'm going to back out. I'm not really a fan of random rosters for some reason. So that opens nashville up. Good luck!

Firefoxx is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
  #381
Spartacles
Registered User
 
Spartacles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: GP
Country: Canada
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
where we really messed up is by using authentic picks for this made up league. as chicago im missing a ton of early round picks with no payoff.

also the teams with top prospects have an advantage in this league because they remain the same ie huberdeau with fla yak with the oil and rielly with toronto.

Spartacles is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
  #382
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Request sent in for the Kings.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 05:13 PM
  #383
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacles View Post
where we really messed up is by using authentic picks for this made up league. as chicago im missing a ton of early round picks with no payoff.

also the teams with top prospects have an advantage in this league because they remain the same ie huberdeau with fla yak with the oil and rielly with toronto.
Have you seen the Oil's team though. He's gonna need those prospects, he kinda got roughed up on the initial draft like I did. There are a few of us that it looks like they went to goaltending first round (And mine is Bryz for crying out loud) and put together some strange groupings. I've probably got one of the most defensive forward groups since the 96 Devils. I think it'll end up turning out fine.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
  #384
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
i dont really agree with this, i invested so much into that team and had my perfect roster. by the looks of it everyone is going to drift to the new randomized league and this one will die. extremely rattled about this. cannot express how much i loved my team

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
  #385
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Have you seen the Oil's team though. He's gonna need those prospects, he kinda got roughed up on the initial draft like I did. There are a few of us that it looks like they went to goaltending first round (And mine is Bryz for crying out loud) and put together some strange groupings. I've probably got one of the most defensive forward groups since the 96 Devils. I think it'll end up turning out fine.
Im in the same boat.

tv14 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
  #386
Spartacles
Registered User
 
Spartacles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: GP
Country: Canada
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
i dont really agree with this, i invested so much into that team and had my perfect roster. by the looks of it everyone is going to drift to the new randomized league and this one will die. extremely rattled about this. cannot express how much i loved my team
ya, me too. I traded a lot of top end talent to get some young prospects hoping they would pay off. seems lame we're just going to leave it at that.

Spartacles is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
  #387
Jepprey
Creeper
 
Jepprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
i dont really agree with this, i invested so much into that team and had my perfect roster. by the looks of it everyone is going to drift to the new randomized league and this one will die. extremely rattled about this. cannot express how much i loved my team
My thoughts exactly. I didn't make the playoffs. But that was the point for my team. Adding some firepower to play with Stamkos up front and Hedman in the back. I had a very young team but things were looking bright. Lol. It truly does suck.

Jepprey is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
  #388
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Since it seems the first league is messed up badly it wouldn't hurt to try the kicking everyone option.. I'd be willing to work on it and try to fix it of you want to make me commish again faithful. Unless you can't get into it either..

bzur is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 08:15 PM
  #389
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Ill send join request when i get home

WhiteMandingo is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
  #390
IButtersI
Registered User
 
IButtersI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
Need a number 1 Goalie.

Willing to trade anyone other than Weber for a decent starter

IButtersI is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
  #391
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!
 
Faithful67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
ok made you commish. so try to fix it. reason why I didnt try is that we are right at the free agency so it will be hard to get the 7-8 GMS that dont play that much.

so lets try it.

ps. IM PRETTY SURE WE ALL MISSED OUR TEAMS

Faithful67 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
  #392
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
ok made you commish. so try to fix it. reason why I didnt try is that we are right at the free agency so it will be hard to get the 7-8 GMS that dont play that much.

so lets try it.

ps. IM PRETTY SURE WE ALL MISSED OUR TEAMS
I hope you didn't take that as condescending. I just figured I had time to tinker this week. On the plus side, if some GMs aren't back in time the CPU should still at least resign players. I just wanted to help take the load off because being commish in one league is work enough.

bzur is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:43 PM
  #393
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!
 
Faithful67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
ok so i kicked everyone and even got someone to kick me. and still wont advance. so bzur if you join i make you commish and see what we can do

Faithful67 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:45 PM
  #394
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!
 
Faithful67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I hope you didn't take that as condescending. I just figured I had time to tinker this week. On the plus side, if some GMs aren't back in time the CPU should still at least resign players. I just wanted to help take the load off because being commish in one league is work enough.
i didnt lol. yeah lets try to get our old league back up

Faithful67 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:18 AM
  #395
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Giroux, Ebs, Kronwall...... And a whole bunch of absolute ****.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:28 AM
  #396
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Since it seems the first league is messed up badly it wouldn't hurt to try the kicking everyone option.. I'd be willing to work on it and try to fix it of you want to make me commish again faithful. Unless you can't get into it either..
Oh please do, oh great bzur. I miss my HFoil Xbox league. I rebuilt the team in one year and missed the playoffs by 2 pts. Was supper pumped for the third season. I had the deepest top prospect pool in the league!

czar99 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:30 AM
  #397
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Giroux, Ebs, Kronwall...... And a whole bunch of absolute ****.
Yah my team ain't much better. I have a good goalie and solid top two D. Then I have like ten snipers in my top twelve.

czar99 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:34 AM
  #398
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!
 
Faithful67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
hey so just to let everyone know. Bzur and I are trying to get our league up and running together. just a FYI thats why you were kicked from the league

Faithful67 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:39 AM
  #399
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
My suggestion would be to just do a normal league but sim the entire first 2 seasons. No random rosters.

WhiteMandingo is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 09:40 AM
  #400
Game 8
Registered User
 
Game 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Since it seems the first league is messed up badly it wouldn't hurt to try the kicking everyone option.. I'd be willing to work on it and try to fix it of you want to make me commish again faithful. Unless you can't get into it either..
If you need help I have time as well!

Game 8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.