Nutty bars were the best thing ever. I used to always bring those to school.
Originally Posted by AP
If it were that simple then everyone would be skinny. When it comes to losing weight, 80% of it is ones diet along with the rest of the 20% a combination of weight training and cardio. Having a low calorie diet of booze only isn't going to make one skinny.
Hostess is gonna sell the recipe to the highest bidder. These are not going away. I don't really understand all those idiots going out and hoarding Twinkies and Ho Hos and whatnot.
Because people are stupid?
But it also doesn't mean that whoever purchases their recipes will use all of them.
My dad has eaten Hostess products for years. So I managed to find a box of cupcakes and hoho's at the last minute as a joke/Christmas gift. That is, until I saw the stupidity on Ebay and decided to sell the box of hoho's. I'm being very reasonable though.
As opposed to those who are using their kids, dogs or themselves to describe their sob story as why I should pay $50.00 plus shipping for one package of Twinkies.
The tasty cream-filled golden spongecakes are likely to survive, even though their maker will be sold in bankruptcy court.
Hostess Brands Inc., baker of Wonder Bread as well as Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's, will be in a New York bankruptcy courtroom Monday to start the process of selling itself.
The company, weighed down by debt, management turmoil, rising labor costs and the changing tastes of America, decided on Friday that it no longer could make it through a conventional Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring. Instead, it's asking the court for permission to sell assets and go out of business.
But with high brand recognition and $2.5 billion in revenue per year, other companies are interested in bidding for at least pieces of Hostess. Twinkies alone have brought in $68 million in revenue so far this year, which would look good to another snack-maker.
"There's a huge amount of goodwill with the commercial brand name," said John Pottow, a University of Michigan Law School professor who specializes in bankruptcy. "It's quite conceivable that they can sell the name and recipe for Twinkies to a company that wants to make them."