HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nhl - nhlpa

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Tookey98

vCash: 500
Nhl - nhlpa

To the NHL Donald Fehr

To the NHLPA - Gary Bettman

Fehr might have a edge going through 5 cba Bettman only has 2. But both are struggling and have large contracts maybe a change in scenery would get them to produce in anyway?

Old
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Fehr might have an edge?

Have you been paying attention to the CBA talks? Bettman's bending Fehr over and showing him the 50 states.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Tookey98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Fehr might have an edge?

Have you been paying attention to the CBA talks? Bettman's bending Fehr over and showing him the 50 states.
I meant in total cba he has been part of

Old
11-23-2012, 01:32 PM
BigMacJokinen

I think this could be good move for both sides but can this trade happen without new CBA? With salary cap unknown and would their contracts take a salary rollback, it's impossible to gauge the value.

Also the rivalry between these two teams would mean they want a overpayment if they are moving their captains. So while this is a good proposal, I don't think it will happen.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:38 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Fehr might have an edge?

Isn't that from a movie? The Great Gatsby maybe?

Old
glenbuis

Regardless if the nhl ever plays another game or if they start tomorrow I would love to see Bettman turfed for good. He is a pompous, arrogant %#&#box who im sure has never played a game of hockey. When he starts his crap about the best fans in the world you know he is full of _____. You can tell he even looks at fans with distain like they are neantherals.

Old
skywarp75

Fehr is a mental midget compared to Bettman, and could not commision a league. He's just a union strong arm buffoon, a throwback to decades past. Frankly a disgusting human being. If you actually listen to what he says, how he says it, and what he THINKS people should believe, you'd realize he thinks his unions should get benefits and pay that NO other industry in the world gets.

If you listen to Bettman, you'll see that he simply wants a sustainable method of working together going forward in which everyone can benefit. Its Logic vrs Illogic.

Every piece of the players argument doesnt hold up. Its the owners fault for signing insane contracts? those are simply owners who want to win workign withint the CBA rules. Then when they want to 'fix' the rules, the players call them idiots and claim theres nothing wrong except for 'stupid greedy owners'.

Next up is 'they put teams in bad spots', which is akin to saying 'disband those 4-6 teams instead of figuring out how to preserve them'. This is a UNION fighting to remove 20% of its jobs?!?!? what??!?!

I'd love it if anyone can poitn out 1 valid thing the player union has going for it, other than 'but we're giving up things....' As ive pointed out, they get 'things' that no other industry in the world gets.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Tookey98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
I think this could be good move for both sides but can this trade happen without new CBA? With salary cap unknown and would their contracts take a salary rollback, it's impossible to gauge the value.

Also the rivalry between these two teams would mean they want a overpayment if they are moving their captains. So while this is a good proposal, I don't think it will happen.
I think the NHLPA would want something now their not worried about the future but would NHL take future considerations?

Old
11-23-2012, 01:52 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
Fehr is a locker room cancer, he ruins any chemistry on your team.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
Fehr is a mental midget compared to Bettman, and could not commision a league. He's just a union strong arm buffoon, a throwback to decades past. Frankly a disgusting human being. If you actually listen to what he says, how he says it, and what he THINKS people should believe, you'd realize he thinks his unions should get benefits and pay that NO other industry in the world gets.

If you listen to Bettman, you'll see that he simply wants a sustainable method of working together going forward in which everyone can benefit. Its Logic vrs Illogic.

Every piece of the players argument doesnt hold up. Its the owners fault for signing insane contracts? those are simply owners who want to win workign withint the CBA rules. Then when they want to 'fix' the rules, the players call them idiots and claim theres nothing wrong except for 'stupid greedy owners'.

Next up is 'they put teams in bad spots', which is akin to saying 'disband those 4-6 teams instead of figuring out how to preserve them'. This is a UNION fighting to remove 20% of its jobs?!?!? what??!?!

I'd love it if anyone can poitn out 1 valid thing the player union has going for it, other than 'but we're giving up things....' As ive pointed out, they get 'things' that no other industry in the world gets.
SHUT UP! That kind of logic is ridiculous! I don't need to hear any sane arguments, MY hero's are untouchable, unblemished bastions of humanity and you dare defile them on behalf of these dirty "suits"?! you SCHILL! You COMPANY MAN! You, You, YOu rationally thinking human being! Get the **** out of here with your realistic interpretations and expectations! These players are Heros! HERO'S DAMNIT! And there is NO WAY IN HELL they are wrong, irrational, misleading, or out to lunch in this business!

that being said, the PA probably has to throw in the "Customary HFBoards Second Round Pick" to make up the difference between Fehr and Bettman...

Old
11-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Is this a serious proposal? It's massive overpayment by the NHL. The NHLPA is at least going to need to add Kadri and a 2nd.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Isn't that from a movie? The Great Gatsby maybe?
Horrible Bosses.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Tookey98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
SHUT UP! That kind of logic is ridiculous! I don't need to hear any sane arguments, MY hero's are untouchable, unblemished bastions of humanity and you dare defile them on behalf of these dirty "suits"?! you SCHILL! You COMPANY MAN! You, You, YOu rationally thinking human being! Get the **** out of here with your realistic interpretations and expectations! These players are Heros! HERO'S DAMNIT! And there is NO WAY IN HELL they are wrong, irrational, misleading, or out to lunch in this business!

that being said, the PA probably has to throw in the "Customary HFBoards Second Round Pick" to make up the difference between Fehr and Bettman...
LOL i love how you throw in the second in after that.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Tookey98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Is this a serious proposal? It's massive overpayment by the NHL. The NHLPA is at least going to need to add Kadri and a 2nd.
Then I think the nhlpa might ask for Burke going the way

Old
11-23-2012, 02:05 PM
KirkOut

I think nhlpa will have to overpay as well.

NHLPA gets:
Bettman

NHL gets:
Fehr
Bozak
MPS
Raymond

Closer?

Old
11-23-2012, 02:28 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Beat me to it.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:30 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

I don't care what the NHL and NHLPA trade but I just want to fans: hockey

Old
11-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264