HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sending a message to Rogers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
  #1
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Sending a message to Rogers

(Mods, please don't bury this in a Marlies thread)

I am getting progressively more pissed off with every Marlies game I miss because rogers fails to put it on TV. If they do put it on it is taped delayed by 3hrs. What's up with that?

So far I have managed to get a $50 rebate on my cable bill as a lame attempt to appease me, but that doesn't get me a HD Marlies LIVE game on my 46" TV. Talked to a couple of Managers but they pass it off.

I even kept LeafsTV this year thinking they would be showing most of the Games. Apparently a 1978 Leafs game is a better option.


So I am asking everyone who wants to see the Marlies LIVE on regular TV to complain to Rogers at every level and at every opportunity.

That means LeafTV, Sportsnet, and Rogers channel 10 and 1-888-ROGERS1.

Go to Rogers.com and scroll down to the bottom. Click "contact us". go to lodge a complaint. on question #2 answer no and it will open a chat with a customer service manager. He can't do anything but tell him the issue and get him to forward the complaint.

If enough people do it then they can't continue to ignore it.


With all the attention the Marlies get in the stickied threads I think there is enough to get a movement started. Maybe by NEw Years we can get the games on regular TV where they belong.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
  #2
Ruski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
don't even get me started on Rogers. I got into a fight with them over my bill...paying out of my a** for the last 7+ years.

Once every year or two, i would call in and get some credits applied so that my bill wouldn't be $200 just for TV (by the time you get 2 HD boxes, HD specialty packs and sports packs) its $200+.

I only care for Live Sports (Leafs TV, NFL, NHL,) and Discovery Channel, maybe A&E, and a handful of others, but SOMEHOW with Rogers you have to buy 3 freaking packages to get those things.

Anyway, when my bill jumped to $200 back in September I called and politely asked for some credits considering I was carrying Leafs TV and no hockey in sight, plus having been a customer for so damn long, they just told me to take a hike...so i got fed up and cancelled my cable with them lol...

Kinda sucks sometimes, but i just stream the odd sports games via XBMC or similar and saving $200/month for now....

Sorry to hijack your thread...not to even show LIVE Marlies games when NHL is in lockout is ridiculous!

I would love to see 10,000ppl cancel with Rogers just for their monopolistic practices with no option to buy just the channels you want and maybe then they would listen.

ahh who am i kidding ... ehh well typing this made me feel better

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
  #3
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
don't even get me started on Rogers. I got into a fight with them over my bill...paying out of my a** for the last 7+ years.

Once every year or two, i would call in and get some credits applied so that my bill wouldn't be $200 just for TV (by the time you get 2 HD boxes, HD specialty packs and sports packs) its $200+.

I only care for Live Sports (Leafs TV, NFL, NHL,) and Discovery Channel, maybe A&E, and a handful of others, but SOMEHOW with Rogers you have to buy 3 freaking packages to get those things.

Anyway, when my bill jumped to $200 back in September I called and politely asked for some credits considering I was carrying Leafs TV and no hockey in sight, plus having been a customer for so damn long, they just told me to take a hike...so i got fed up and cancelled my cable with them lol...

Kinda sucks sometimes, but i just stream the odd sports games via XBMC or similar and saving $200/month for now....

Sorry to hijack your thread...not to even show LIVE Marlies games when NHL is in lockout is ridiculous!

I would love to see 10,000ppl cancel with Rogers just for their monopolistic practices with no option to buy just the channels you want and maybe then they would listen.

ahh who am i kidding ... ehh well typing this made me feel better
What burns my ass the most is that Rogers not only owns the TV stations they are part owner of the freaking team!

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
  #4
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
While I feel your pain as a Rogers customer they just put a lot of money into my Jays so I am avoiding ruffling feathers for the time being.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #5
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,375
vCash: 500
You're wasting your time. I learned a long time ago, Rogers doesn't care about costumer service. I can't even count how often they overpriced my bills before switching.

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:47 PM
  #6
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
Waste of time like mentioned above. Customer service is piss poor. They don't appreciate your loyalty whatsoever. I recently made changes, canelling all my services with them. I had 2 cell phones, a home phone, digital cable with extra packages and internet with them and now have it all with Aliant. I'd recommend the same for everyone that wants a better deal, excellent customer service and far superior quality.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
  #7
peety16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Is Bell much worse? I know my dad has Bell and he seems to like it enough. I've been without cable for a few months now and just stream as many games as I can and just download tv shows. Can't for the life of me understand why they aren't even trying to appeal to Leafs fans who are likely pretty desperate for hockey and the Marlies could be a solid consolation

peety16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
  #8
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
This has nothign to do with services.

It has to do with flooding their call center, and emails with requests for Marlies games to be broadcast live.

Does it not bother you that even though they own the team and have multiple channels at their disposal they don't show the frigging games?

Pisses me off. Even if Bell cries about showing it on Sportsnet or channel 10 then just show it on LeafsTV so neither company gets an edge.

THERE IS NO REASON WHY MARLIES GAMES SHOULD NOT BE TELEVISED!

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
  #9
ChesapeakeRipper
#firecarlyle
 
ChesapeakeRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto (Scar City)
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,751
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
This has nothign to do with services.

It has to do with flooding their call center, and emails with requests for Marlies games to be broadcast live.

Does it not bother you that even though they own the team and have multiple channels at their disposal they don't show the frigging games?

Pisses me off. Even if Bell cries about showing it on Sportsnet or channel 10 then just show it on LeafsTV so neither company gets an edge.

THERE IS NO REASON WHY MARLIES GAMES SHOULD NOT BE TELEVISED!
I'll give you one big reason...advertisers. companies aren't going to advertise for the marlies when they could easily advertise for the leafs. they get more viewers to watch their commercials on a leafs game when compared to a marlies game. keep in mind, just because this nhl season is in a lockout doesn't mean the broadcast schedule should change focus to the marlies. the broadcast schedule has to stay consistent every year, no matter the circumstances. unless there is a permanent lockout for the rest of the year, i doubt they would alter the broadcasting.

just my 2 cents.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:25 PM
  #10
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
I'll give you one big reason...advertisers. companies aren't going to advertise for the marlies when they could easily advertise for the leafs. they get more viewers to watch their commercials on a leafs game when compared to a marlies game. keep in mind, just because this nhl season is in a lockout doesn't mean the broadcast schedule should change focus to the marlies. the broadcast schedule has to stay consistent every year, no matter the circumstances. unless there is a permanent lockout for the rest of the year, i doubt they would alter the broadcasting.

just my 2 cents.
Incase you missed it THE LEAFS AIN'T PLAYING.

Are you going to try and tell me that a re-run of the 1984 Norris semi finals would draw more viewers than a LIVE Marlies game?

As for the Broadcast schedule there were more games on TV last year. Figure that one out.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
  #11
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Incase you missed it THE LEAFS AIN'T PLAYING.

Are you going to try and tell me that a re-run of the 1984 Norris semi finals would draw more viewers than a LIVE Marlies game?

As for the Broadcast schedule there were more games on TV last year. Figure that one out.
I don't think you understand. The poster before you explained it beautifully: 'keep in mind, just because this nhl season is in a lockout doesn't mean the broadcast schedule should change focus to the marlies. the broadcast schedule has to stay consistent every year, no matter the circumstances.'

You also need to take into consideration the cost of showing a live Marlies game compared to the cost of showing a re-run. If the Marlies posted high viewership numbers then we'd be seeing more Marlies games on Rogers because they'd be profitable. However, Rogers is a business and in the end they need to make a profit. If it's not worth it for them they're not going to show Marlies games. As much as it hurts us hardcore fans, the average casual fan doesn't care enough about the Marlies to watch them on a regular basis. If they did then you'd see more Marlies games on TV.

This isn't Rogers trying to piss anyone off, but doing what's in their best interest.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:43 PM
  #12
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't think you understand. The poster before you explained it beautifully: 'keep in mind, just because this nhl season is in a lockout doesn't mean the broadcast schedule should change focus to the marlies. the broadcast schedule has to stay consistent every year, no matter the circumstances.'

You also need to take into consideration the cost of showing a live Marlies game compared to the cost of showing a re-run. If the Marlies posted high viewership numbers then we'd be seeing more Marlies games on Rogers because they'd be profitable. However, Rogers is a business and in the end they need to make a profit. If it's not worth it for them they're not going to show Marlies games. As much as it hurts us hardcore fans, the average casual fan doesn't care enough about the Marlies to watch them on a regular basis. If they did then you'd see more Marlies games on TV.

This isn't Rogers trying to piss anyone off, but doing what's in their best interest.
YOU guys are missing the point.

Rogers 10 and LeafsTV are showing re-runs during the Marlies games. Are you telling me the local Yoga show down by the lake, or the Gardening show is going to have more viewers than a Marlies game? Cause that is what is being shown on Rogers 10.

ON LeafsTV it is classic Leafs hockey with re-runs of specials and the 1/2hr Marlies today.

It has nothing to do with programming because they aren't showing anything worth while anyway.

Last year when there was NHL hockey the Marlies were on Leafs TV and Rogers 10 regularly.

It makes no sense.

But if no one says anything then they think it is ok to show the re-runs and yoga shows instead of the Marlies games.

Let them know that Marlies hockey is better than Yoga.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:58 PM
  #13
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,641
vCash: 500
Last time I checked Leafs TV has no excuse to not show their own teams games. Maybe if they put more games on TV, they'd get a better turn out inside the arena. People can actually see if the team is worth watching or not.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:40 AM
  #14
Ruski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
the guys above do make a solid point though. If broadcasting Marlies games brought it a ton of viewers and created profit, they would show more of them.

Its probably much more expensive to license out broadcasting rights to the Marlies than a "gardening show" or some other local tv broadcast. Perhaps even someone else holds the rights to broadcast Marlies games already?

Just speculating of course and please understand that i freaking hate Rogers and dread the day i have to call them back for service when I get fed up with trying to stream live sports to my TV....BUT what I know for a fact is that they haven't made billions of dollars over the years making poor business decisions, so we have to assume there is more to this than we realize.

At the end of the day the corporation "doesn't give a ****". The only goal is to get greatest possible returns for the shareholders.

~5-10% of us will say that's BS and look for loopholes to get discounts or cry fowl and cancel with Rogers but the majority of the customers will just take it and the corporation will live on making more and more cash.

This ladies and gents is not going to change anytime soon...

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:47 AM
  #15
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
as a rogers customer, sens fan, and jays fan:
rogers treatment of the jays on tv and in media has been better than pretty much any network's treatment of any sport in canada.

give them time to figure out what they're doing with MLSE, especially the marlies and raptors. If they're half as good as they've been with the jays, you'll be happy.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:35 AM
  #16
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
YOU guys are missing the point.

Rogers 10 and LeafsTV are showing re-runs during the Marlies games. Are you telling me the local Yoga show down by the lake, or the Gardening show is going to have more viewers than a Marlies game? Cause that is what is being shown on Rogers 10.

ON LeafsTV it is classic Leafs hockey with re-runs of specials and the 1/2hr Marlies today.

It has nothing to do with programming because they aren't showing anything worth while anyway.

Last year when there was NHL hockey the Marlies were on Leafs TV and Rogers 10 regularly.

It makes no sense.

But if no one says anything then they think it is ok to show the re-runs and yoga shows instead of the Marlies games.

Let them know that Marlies hockey is better than Yoga.
Rogers 10 is LOCAL TV. It's a community oriented station that is intended to help local people get into TV and run their own little shows. It's public access television that allows community members to voice their opinions and create their special interest programming. A professional hockey team playing on a regular basis doesn't fit that target and likely goes against contracts they have with the people who produce those shows.

I'm not sure why Leafs TV doesn't show more Marlies games, but obviously there's a reason that they pretty much only show re-runs in standard definition. I would assume that someone has a contract and owns rights' to a majority of the Marlies games and doesn't allow them to be shown live for what ever reason. It seems stupid, but they can't just show what they want. There are all sorts of regulations and contracts that they are obligated to honour.

Read Ruski's post (2 above mine) for further clarification.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:59 AM
  #17
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Rogers 10 is LOCAL TV. It's a community oriented station that is intended to help local people get into TV and run their own little shows. It's public access television that allows community members to voice their opinions and create their special interest programming. A professional hockey team playing on a regular basis doesn't fit that target and likely goes against contracts they have with the people who produce those shows.

I'm not sure why Leafs TV doesn't show more Marlies games, but obviously there's a reason that they pretty much only show re-runs in standard definition. I would assume that someone has a contract and owns rights' to a majority of the Marlies games and doesn't allow them to be shown live for what ever reason. It seems stupid, but they can't just show what they want. There are all sorts of regulations and contracts that they are obligated to honour.

Read Ruski's post (2 above mine) for further clarification.
Rogers 10 showed several Marlies games last year. NO excuse for not doing this year. It gave several people experience that they would otherwise not have.

I knew a girl who's work hours for college where done doing sound for Marlies games on Rogers 10 and that goes back before the lockout. Why after 10 years did they stop?

There is something screwy as to why the games aren't shown live.
I'm paying for my LeafsTV I want Marlies games. If you can pay 4 guys to do the Leafs POV show you can pay them to call an AHL game.

Sportsnet showed an AHL game last night and it wasn't even Toronto.

Hell the teams were's even Canadian. Chicago and Milwaukee.

IT sucks and all I am saying is let them know.

Call them, email them, twitter, text do whatever but let's let Rogers(and Bell) know we want Marlies on Live TV.

Hell I got a $50 rebate for complaining, surely that is some incentive.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:14 AM
  #18
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
I think its that they feel like people have to be in the "mood"


they just assume with no NHL hockey, people lost interest in hockey in general this year instead of taking interest in lower tier leagues.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:19 AM
  #19
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
I think its that they feel like people have to be in the "mood"


they just assume with no NHL hockey, people lost interest in hockey in general this year instead of taking interest in lower tier leagues.
I would agree except Sportsnet has Friday Night Hockey across the board and it's CHL hockey. They showed CHI and MIL from the AHL yesterday.

There is no excuse for not showing Marlies games.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:40 AM
  #20
Kessley Snipes
Registered User
 
Kessley Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Seems like the op is just going to reply with "NO excuse" to every logical answer that contradicts his argument. Move along guys. This thread sucks

Kessley Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:56 AM
  #21
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blader258 View Post
Seems like the op is just going to reply with "NO excuse" to every logical answer that contradicts his argument. Move along guys. This thread sucks
So sad.

Where have all the activists gone?

Everyone so willing to sit back and accept what someone else says is all you deserve.

OK, Like he says, Move along.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:25 AM
  #22
Darcy Tucker
Registered User
 
Darcy Tucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
*moves along*

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:14 AM
  #23
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,515
vCash: 500
I was done with Rogers about 10 years ago. Been with Bell since then. Whenever I hear people talk about Rogers it's a non-stop *****ing rant(not that I blame them). You wanna send them a message? Cancel everything. That company is a joke.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:20 AM
  #24
Sundinisagod
next great swede
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Leafs TV is a joke. You'd never think it's affiliated to the richest team in hockey.

Since they're not stepping up AHL coverage during the lockout, is there any reason for me not to cancel? How many Leaf games per season do they televise again?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:26 AM
  #25
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,587
vCash: 500
Bell and Rogers are like two evil giants. I prefer Bell over Rogers...They have ended up crediting me over 350 bucks in one year...I feel like if I didn't check my bills properly, my house would be under Roger's control haha.

Seriously..I hate the terrible internet connection when I pay for extreme speed, BS selection, terrible customer services and outages sometimes.

Also..Leafs TV is the worst production ever. It's worse than watching junior hockey on TV.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.