HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-27-2013, 09:03 PM
JK3
BOTTOM 12

vCash: 500
Watching hockey for 30 years I've never seen anyone get knocked off the puck as easily as he does, he gets ragdolled constantly.

I'm over him, he's done. Put up or GTFO.

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I want Butler up. Dude must have been heartbroken cause he was excellent from the time Henrique went out onto now. Tedenby scored 4 goals in the last 5 games in the last two weekends he was in the AHL. Butler went on a hot streak too, and came back to earth. I think he can be of more use though. Right now we're just a two line team, and barely one. We're a pretty good two line team scoring 11 goals in 4 games, but two were 5 on 3s, and one was unofficially shorthanded.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Watching hockey for 30 years I've never seen anyone get knocked off the puck as easily as he does, he gets ragdolled constantly.

I'm over him, he's done. Put up or GTFO.
Seconded.

I hope he gets a second shot somewhere else. Trade him now. No need to wait.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
JK3
BOTTOM 12

I want him to succeed but it seems after 3+ seasons he still hasn't learned to play Devils hockey.

I think he actually looked a lot better a few years ago, the window is closing and he's actually regressing it seems.

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

He looked the best when John Maclean was the coach, and he was a newcomer in a poisoned locker room. He was playing above his head though. Came back to earth a little bit under Lemaire, but was still pretty solid. Remember though Lemaire benched him for his defense too. He was a healthy scratch a few times under him too. Since Deboer he has looked really bad.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Seconded.

I hope he gets a second shot somewhere else. Trade him now. No need to wait.
Put him in a system that plays less physical along the boards or plays real tight. Like Vancouver or Phoenix and I think he'll succeed.
I really want him to hit his potential... I just don't think he'll be able to do it here.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Ya I am pretty much down with Tedy too, I'd much rather give Butler a look at this point. Sign Darche, bring Butler up, have Henrique come back and I bet you the lines play better then what is hobbled together right now. It is sad when I trust Cam in the defensive zone more then Tedy. He is just brutal defensively, and when you have certain D pairs struggling too that is just a recipe for disaster.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Ya I am pretty much down with Tedy too, I'd much rather give Butler a look at this point. Sign Darche, bring Butler up, have Henrique come back and I bet you the lines play better then what is hobbled together right now. It is sad when I trust Cam in the defensive zone more then Tedy. He is just brutal defensively, and when you have certain D pairs struggling too that is just a recipe for disaster.
Only problem is unless a defenseman or anybody goes on LTIR, we can't sign Darche, get Henrique back, and bring up Butler unfortunately. Just don't sign Darche. We could use some scoring. We're doing fine now, but we need scoring more than a PKer right now.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Only problem is unless a defenseman or anybody goes on LTIR, we can't sign Darche, get Henrique back, and bring up Butler unfortunately. Just don't sign Darche. We could use some scoring. We're doing fine now, but we need scoring more than a PKer right now.
Can't you sign Darche and either banish Barch or send Cam down? I feel like Darche would be better in the lineup then Cam every night. Then again I am not to familiar with him, just familiar with the lack of skill in Cam.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
lou, chu got some splaina to dooo

waaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Can't you sign Darche and either banish Barch or send Cam down? I feel like Darche would be better in the lineup then Cam every night. Then again I am not to familiar with him, just familiar with the lack of skill in Cam.
Yes Darche would be better than Cam. Management has already shown though they will not banish Cam. If they did he would have been sent down, and Butler kept up. Cam has a two way too, but I think it's in writing only.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Yes Darche would be better than Cam. Management has already shown though they will not banish Cam. If they did he would have been sent down, and Butler kept up. Cam has a two way too, but I think it's in writing only.
See I get why they want Cam around, because a player like him is useful when games get out of hand, but that is what makes having Cam and Barch so redundant. One goon is enough, use that roster spot on a more skilled forward to we can have at least a passable third line and get CBGB back as the 4th line. Most likely right though, we won't have 4 true lines again until the trade goes down and we get rid of one of these D-men.

Even then with Henrique back, I still rather Cam play with whomever and be happier with the lines over having him AND Tedy play. Pretty much I am in the "want Tedy gone" camp now.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Agreed Tedenbust is useless. He's useless on the 4th line, and he's useless on the others too. Trade him somewhere even for a 6th round pick if that's all you can get. He might get a chance, and flourish elsewhere, but he's useless in Jersey. I think we have to call a spade a spade now, and he's a bust as far as the Devils go.

If he stays with the organization, and doesn't go home this Summer, the Devils will keep around anyway, but most likely just for the AHL. Lou's still been tendering Corrente qualifying offers the last couple years, so I doubt he lets him walk as a RFA. I think he might go the way of the answer to tonight's trivia question, Andreas Salomonsson.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Shoulda drafted Carlson.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Sarcasm aside, today's fun fact:

THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY
John Carlson has been on the ice for 8 straight goals against.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Shoulda drafted Carlson.
I'm over this. I just want useless toothless GONE. I'm still pissed they decided to keep him over Butler. Especially if they're playing him under 10 minutes a game.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:02 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Shoulda drafted Carlson.
:toocool:

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Mgd31

Yea probably should have. But he really does suck defensively. He was brutal last year.

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:10 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Cam isn't going anywhere nor should he enough with the Cam shouldn't be here DeBoer likes his tough guys learn to deal with it.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Cam isn't going anywhere nor should he enough with the Cam shouldn't be here DeBoer likes his tough guys learn to deal with it.
He probably isn't going anywhere, but I don't see why we need two? I understand having two as in one plays in the minors as depth, while the other guy has his spot unless he's injured. He was given a two way contract though, and I'm not sure why. If there's no chance of him going then why not just give him a one way contract like Harrold got?

If anything I don't know why we signed Barch. Janssen isn't my concern right now. Getting Tedenby out of here is. Wash your hands of him, and pretend Adam Henrique was our 2008 first round pick.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
He probably isn't going anywhere, but I don't see why we need two? I understand having two as in one plays in the minors as depth, while the other guy has his spot unless he's injured. He was given a two way contract though, and I'm not sure why. If there's no chance of him going then why not just give him a one way contract like Harrold got?

If anything I don't know why we signed Barch. Janssen isn't my concern right now. Getting Tedenby out of here is. Wash your hands of him, and pretend Adam Henrique was our 2008 first round pick.
I hated the Barch signing (Boulton 2.0) as I know Janssen stays positive even when he is scratched for very long stretches of time. I want Tedenby traded or sent down immediately he's done here.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
I hated the Barch signing (Boulton 2.0) as I know Janssen stays positive even when he is scratched for very long stretches of time. I want Tedenby traded or sent down immediately he's done here.
I like Janssen in minimal doses. If we had to send someone down though it would be him, or pay Barch $750k to play in the A. I think Barch might be bought out this Summer, but Lou will provide another goon!

It's funny that Pete seems to be favoring Janssen over Barch. Considering last year he favored Boulton over Janssen. He still got more games despite missing a month with a broken hand, taking deflating penalties, and being much worse than Janssen.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:43 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
I like Janssen in minimal doses. If we had to send someone down though it would be him, or pay Barch $750k to play in the A. I think Barch might be bought out this Summer, but Lou will provide another goon!

It's funny that Pete seems to be favoring Janssen over Barch. Considering last year he favored Boulton over Janssen. He still got more games despite missing a month with a broken hand, taking deflating penalties, and being much worse than Janssen.
That game against Detroit last year was Boulton's death sentence he never saw a game after that and rightfully so haha.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

This thread rocks just because of how many awful nicknames Bleedred can come up with for Tedy. We should just keep a running tally of those.

I agree I just don't get the Barch signing at all, and he is clearly in the way. We only need one tough guy up here, and we would potentially be better off in the short term with Darche and Butler up here along with Henrique, then have Lou make his moves on the market. It would be easier with the current roster to make room by sending Cam down because he is on the two-way, but I do actually like Cam. Rather him be our goon, and let Barch disappear. I just don't want Cam (or Barch for that matter) playing every day, and just offering internal alternatives to having to ice a goon every night instead of having to wait for a trade to do that. At least then CBGB could slot down to being the 4th line again. Its just a thought though as this situation won't happen until a trade goes down because Barch and Cam aren't going anywhere.

Tedy is definitely going somewhere though. Since I am pretty sure Darche is going to take Matteau's spot (why else is he still lurking around), Tedy will be shipped back down to the A when Henrique returns. Unless Lou is kind of crazy and sends Cam down for Henrique. I hope not because I don't want Tedy wasting Adam's time.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

It kinda makes you wonder though. If Tedenby had been playing good and everybody was healthy, then who goes when Henrique got back? Is that when Janssen is demoted? A defenseman traded perhaps? That's if you don't take a forward back in the trade.