HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
VaxjoDevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
If they aren't there to baby and "develop" him then what is he doing on the bench?

Wasn't really aimed at you but I got a stern talking to from the men in charge to start quoting more so. Like this
OK

Of course they are babying and developing Larsson, as they should. They also should do it with Tedenby, and they probably are in their way. Their assessment is that it's more developing for Larsson to be in the big team with the big boys and he will get his chance to play.

On these boards people give up on Tedenby, fine. But an organization of any self-respect does not do that on a first rounder. They will keep grinding and if it works that's great, if not that's too bad. Not for a moment do I think Lou or DeBoer giving up on him. If they do, they shouldn't be coach and GM in the NHL.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
devilsblood

I'll give a little love to Ted's here.

In the 3rd period, after getting fully pasted into the boards while bringing the puck into the offensive zone, he then responded by going full bore attack mode returning the favor on a couple different hab's.

I also thought he did a good job of getting back on most occasions.

But he is not scoring and if he is not scoring, or at least not creating chances, people are going to rip him. While I don't think his D is as bad as people make out, it certainly is not a strength. He needs get it done on the other end.

Now we are not going to send him down yet, so I'm more then willing to keep throwing him out there and see if he can get it going. And if he can't get it going here, I'm more then willing to send him the AHL and see if he can get it going down there. But I see no reason in trading him for peanuts. Throw in on a bigger deal? absolutely, but no reason to trade him for what his value will return.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post

On these boards people give up on Tedenby, fine. But an organization of any self-respect does not do that on a first rounder. They will keep grinding and if it works that's great, if not that's too bad. Not for a moment do I think Lou or DeBoer giving up on him. If they do, they shouldn't be coach and GM in the NHL.
How long do they give this player chances though? For the next 3 years just because he's a first round pick? I'm heavily leaning toward him being up to start the season was cause he was a first round pick. Either that or he regressed an absurd amount in a week since camp ended.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
Bergfors was about the same as Tedenby, maybe a bit better.
Oduya's contract looked like an awful deal.
Cormier was up for murder in Canada.
go look up Bergfors' stats for that year before he got dealt.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
OK

Of course they are babying and developing Larsson, as they should. They also should do it with Tedenby, and they probably are in their way. Their assessment is that it's more developing for Larsson to be in the big team with the big boys and he will get his chance to play.

And how about being man enough to admit they picked the wrong guy? How about giving the guy a chance to play elsewhere, to restart his career? Lou talked about it when he was asked about Corrente last year. Where is that line? He just doesn`t fit and if he hasn`t learned yet, I doubt he ever will. I`ve been defending him since we drafted him and even I am sick and tired of it. Was he given a legit chance? With all the line juggling and stuff, no, I don`t so. But that`s the way it goes sometimes. You have to make the most of it. He hasn`t. I feel like it`s time to move on.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

And remember when you once said I shouldn`t tell people what they should think? You did exactly that in the last sentence.

The spirit of Trottier is flying in the air, apparently. You know I don`t mean it in a wrong way, but c`mon.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
billingtons ghost

I think the whole point of having Tedenby up to start the season was to:

1. Showcase him, and deal him if he got off to a ridiculously fast start.
2. Keep him with the big team if he just chipped in something pulled his weight. Wait to see if he could develop into a forward you could trust with 1st/2nd line minutes.

I think they saw neither development nor a breakout talent that would fetch Bergforsish return, so they ship him back to Albany to try again. No point of him sitting around and playing 8minutes/game on the 4th line.

Confidence is a fickle thing - and this kid doesn't have it right now. Maybe he figures it out, maybe he doesn't.

Not all 1st round picks pan out, said Mr. Corrente... and sometimes they take a few years to do so, said Mr Bernier.

Hope he pulls it together and is back up here by season's end.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
And how about being man enough to admit they picked the wrong guy? How about giving the guy a chance to play elsewhere? Lou talked about it when he was asked about Corrente last year. Where is that line?
What is the point of that? You want them to now state that "we picked the wrong guy"? Great idea.

You work with your prospects and they do.

So, who here has worked with young people developing skills of some kind on a high level? I have, and they have shocked me way too many times. I wrote them off in my mind, but they proved me wrong, incredibly wrong.

HF writes people 22-year olds off. Professionals don't.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Cowbell232

My problem with Tedenby is that he isn't putting up numbers in the AHL. He needs to be sent down and given a lot of ice time to figure his **** out.

A guy like Henrique - not very flashy - but the guy puts up numbers consistently at any level. Tedenby hasn't really put up impressive numbers at any level.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
apice3*

Pretty sure the Devils wrote off Matt Corrente. They definitely wrote off Bergfors.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
devs4L

Bergfors was garbage. That Waddell over-valued him doesn't prove Bergfors' worth or mean that his value was much greater than Tedenby's. There was good reason for Lemaire to be as down on him as he was despite Bergfors' 13 goals. The deficiencies in Bergfors' game weren't small.

I'm in no way saying that Tedenby has the same value as Bergfors. I just also don't think Bergfors value was much greater than Tedenby's. It doesn't necessarily need to be to bring back a quality player in a deal, anyway. We most likely won't be trading for another Kovalchuk.

devs4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
CerebralGenesis

When Tedenby gets shipped out we'll know they wrote him off too.

Althought just sitting him in the AHL might be that too.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
What is the point of that? You want them to now state that "we picked the wrong guy"? Great idea.

You work with your prospects and they do.

So, who here has worked with young people developing skills of some kind on a high level? I have, and they have shocked me way too many times. I wrote them off in my mind, but they proved me wrong, incredibly wrong.

HF writes people 22-year olds off. Professionals don't.
No, I want them to move on. They will never admit it publicly, nor they should.

You give your prospects time, you give them a chance to succeed, an opportunity. You make sure to give them the best education and you wait for the results. The results are here and it`s bad. He`s not the first nor the last prospect who didn`t exactly pan out. Heck, I`m even willing to give him that 2nd chance, just not in NJ, where it`s very unlikely he`ll ever become any good at the NHL level.

Let me tell you something about those professionals. Those professionals wrote off Chara and Malkin before they had any chance to prove them wrong and look where we are today. Those profešsionals, at least some of them, are capable of compassion and are willing to give a player a chance to redeem himself elsewhere.

"If it works fine, if it doesn`t, that`s fine too." Yeah, fine for us. You apparently don`t give a damn about his career, but I`m sure Lou does. If he still has faith in him, I`m fine with his decision. But I don`t see why he would, after all we`ve seen in the recent years.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I say forget him, and take the loss. No need to be bummed over Carlson, just forget Tedenby and move on. First round busts happen all the time. Just be glad he wasn't a lottery pick.

We could also just pretend Henrique was a first round pick that year.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Pretty sure the Devils wrote off Matt Corrente. They definitely wrote off Bergfors.
i think his latest season ending injury is the end of corrente as a devil. he's RFA after this season and i wouldnt be surprisd to see lou pass on him.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i think his latest season ending injury is the end of corrente as a devil. he's RFA after this season and i wouldnt be surprisd to see lou pass on him.
He should pass on him I think. Tough luck with injuries, and I feel bad for him. However we don't need him taking up a spot that Merrill or another guy possibly turning pro next year can have. Just like we passed on superstar Barry Tallackson after he was proven to be a pile of steaming crap in the NHL after everyone's high hopes for him.

Let him walk like Taormina (Though he was a UFA) cause he's worth less than Taormina's jock strap.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:28 PM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

What happened to the Teddy that would forecheck the **** out of the opposing D and force a lot of turnovers. I figured with Debo's aggressive forecheck he would have an impact. He used to create a lot of chaos getting in there with his speed. He used to draw a lot a penalties too but I have no idea WTF happened to that guy.

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

As I always speak what`s on my mind, I need to get this off my chest.

I`m sure it has very little or nothing to do with it, Vaxjo, but I wouldn`t defend him as much as you have even if he was Slovak.

And I`ve been proven wrong before too, I just don`t see it with him.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:49 PM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

Crazy Slovaks

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

In this thread: People being as critical of Tedenby as me finally.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
In this thread: People being as critical of Tedenby as me finally.
You can dig up my posts from prospects camps years ago where I didn't particularly like him...

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
You can dig up my posts from prospects camps years ago where I didn't particularly like him...
I haven't liked him since last year. Since I won't be starting WWIII on this board **** it I'll tell you what I think happened.

I think Tedenby was given special treatment because he's a first rounder. I am doubting he even outplayed Butler in camp, because he sure as **** didn't outplay him in the AHL. Tedenby was average in the AHL until the last 4 or 5 games when he scored 4 goals. Isn't it funny that it started the night before the CBA was reached? If he hadn't gone on a nice run the last two weekends he would have had 12 or 13 points in close to 30 games there.

I think Lou is the one who wanted him up. Lou singled him out when Parise left as ''Someone who is having a work ethic Summer, and will have every opportunity'' Pete looked like he wanted not a damn thing to do with him. Butler should have been up the whole time.

Tedenby has gotten breaks, and special treatment others haven't. It's like he's ENTITLED. There I said it. Flame me if you want.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs4L View Post
Bergfors was garbage. That Waddell over-valued him doesn't prove Bergfors' worth or mean that his value was much greater than Tedenby's. There was good reason for Lemaire to be as down on him as he was despite Bergfors' 13 goals. The deficiencies in Bergfors' game weren't small.

I'm in no way saying that Tedenby has the same value as Bergfors. I just also don't think Bergfors value was much greater than Tedenby's. It doesn't necessarily need to be to bring back a quality player in a deal, anyway. We most likely won't be trading for another Kovalchuk.
Instead of Bergfors and Oduya, it's Tedenby and Tallinder. I smell steak.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Instead of Bergfors and Oduya, it's Tedenby and Tallinder. I smell steak.
Corey Perry Grade Steak

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by devs4L View Post

Bergfors was certainly not bargbage during his time with the Devils. Positive possession player who scored at a 20 goal pace as a rookie.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote