HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
How many of those games was he glued to the bench?
Exactly. You guys act like he was given a fair shot to succeed when that just wasn't the case at all. Its impossible to play the right way when you know in the back of your head, one little mistake and you're riding pine the rest of the game.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
Exactly. You guys act like he was given a fair shot to succeed when that just wasn't the case at all. Its impossible to play the right way when you know in the back of your head, one little mistake and you're riding pine the rest of the game.
Why do you feel he was benched then? What for? Cause he was missing his front teeth?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Not as many as you think. Quit making excuses for this player. I'm not believing anymore, and it seems most fans aren't either. He made his own bed. Can you say he looked good for the time he got after game 1 of this year?

Regardless Pete has no faith on him. We can all agree on this, and if he makes it in the NHL it likely isn't gonna be in Jersey.
How many does he think?

Also you're using a 3 game stretch to define a player while intentionally discounting one of the games where he looked good. That tells me you have no interest in an objective analysis. No one's going to say Tedenby hasn't been disappointing. Not everyone is going to say it's because he doesn't have NHL potential and at some point you're going to have to learn to accept that, like Lou (and Deboer, to an extent) seemingly does.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:28 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Why do you feel he was benched then? What for? Cause he was missing his front teeth?
I expect our players to be the cutest in the league dammit

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Because the coaches just don't put faith in him. What exactly did he do wrong to warrant breaking up the Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson line? They were fine together. So far Josefson has directly cost us a goal and Tedenby has not. Yet one is in Albany and another is on the big club getting all the praise in the world.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
How many does he think?

Also you're using a 3 game stretch to define a player while intentionally discounting one of the games where he looked good. That tells me you have no interest in an objective analysis. No one's going to say Tedenby hasn't been disappointing. Not everyone is going to say it's because he doesn't have NHL potential and at some point you're going to have to learn to accept that, like Lou (and Deboer, to an extent) seemingly does.
Come on man he was awful last year. If you wanna blame the coaches fine. Do you really believe he can make it with the Devils? I'll level with you here. I don't think Pete likes him, and Pete does have a short leash with him. Way too short of a leash in fact. He does look to have NHL potential, but I don't think he has Devils potential.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Come on man he was awful last year. If you wanna blame the coaches fine. Do you really believe he can make it with the Devils? I'll level with you here. I don't think Pete likes him, and Pete does have a short leash with him. Way too short of a leash in fact. He does look to have NHL potential, but I don't think he has Devils potential.
How can you say that and then say anything else? Maybe I want to blame the coaches. And that's fine, you say? Then fine! Obviously Pete has him on a short leash. TOO short of a leash you say? So you think he should have a longer leash? What are you even saying anymore? You're repeating points that I've brought up multiple times in this thread. We're agreeing on more things than not.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:37 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
How can you say that and then say anything else? Maybe I want to blame the coaches. And that's fine, you say? Then fine! Obviously Pete has him on a short leash. TOO short of a leash you say? So you think he should have a longer leash? What are you even saying anymore? You're repeating points that I've brought up multiple times in this thread. We're agreeing on more things than not.
What I'm saying is if you think it's the coaches fault then fine. Agree to disagree. Do I think Pete has a short leash on him? I said myself I wasn't opposed to putting him back with Clarkson, and Elias again before he was even sent back. That was where he looked the best, and actually had a pretty good game.

Do I think he should have had a longer leash? Enough to give him a shot with Clarkson and Elias again then sure. He should have done that because he looked good there, but not so much with Kovy and Trav.

From here on out though I guess it's best for me to excuse myself from this thread. He's gone now and there's really not point in using energy to talk about it anymore. Plus I like you guys also and it just leads to fighting and stuff. I do respect your opinion though. No use in us arguing over it anymore.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:08 AM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
Because the coaches just don't put faith in him. What exactly did he do wrong to warrant breaking up the Tedenby-Elias-Clarkson line? They were fine together. So far Josefson has directly cost us a goal and Tedenby has not. Yet one is in Albany and another is on the big club getting all the praise in the world.
If you're trying to suggest that Tedenby is somehow either better or more valuable to the roster at any point in time than Josefson, I'm going to question whether or not you're even watching the games.

I really don't understand people still making him out to be good enough to play for us right now. He just isn't. No offense, gets pushed off the puck every time he touches it, he fumbles passes, has no defensive positioning, never forces turnovers, can't hit because he is half sized. It's just not there right now, and he needs to be in the AHL until he can change that.

And for the record, I wasn't at all impressed with him playing with Elias. With Zubrus on that line, they dominate the ice, and with Tedenby, they were acceptable at best.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Do you guys think this is a make or break year for Tedenby with Devils organization?

So far his production has been unimpressive ,, What would you say is his main issue holding him back?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
apice3*

Panickers say it's his last chance. Realists say he will get chances until he's no longer on on the team.

He sucks on D and has no confidence on O.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Do you guys think this is a make or break year for Tedenby with Devils organization?

So far his production has been unimpressive ,, What would you say is his main issue holding him back?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=112733

His biggest problem is historically, he doesn't put up points.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post

Frolik and Kruger have remodeled there games (Both are now Hawks best PK guys) after having issues with getting offensive consistancy with Hawks

Quote:
I'm kind of an offensive guy so sometimes I want to be on the board, but right now if my role is to play the PK, I will and leave everything on the ice," Frolik said.
Has Tedenby shown same willingness to change his game?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Frolik and Kruger have remodeled there games (Both are now Hawks best PK guys) after having issues with getting offensive consistancy with Hawks

Has Tedenby shown same willingness to change his game?
He doesn't have the size or reach to be an effective PKer, nor does he have the mental game IMHO.

I've been pretty low on Tedenby for quite some time though.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
How much longer do we continue? And why continue when it's not working? Put the energy into other players like Matteau, or someone like Josefson who's already cutting it in the league. Put it into Larsson for gods sake! Let's just go after new meat already.
So cut him?

I see zero downside in keeping him in the AHL.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
He doesn't have the size or reach to be an effective PKer, nor does he have the mental game IMHO.

I've been pretty low on Tedenby for quite some time though.
Have we never seen a smallish fwd be an effective PK'r?

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
Have we never seen a smallish fwd be an effective PK'r?
With his reach and lack of mental awareness?

If he had a crazy good reach and stick work, he could make up for the mental, and the mental could make up for the size... But to have both problems?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
lol @ Bleedred saying to "cut" him

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
lol @ Bleedred saying to "cut" him
Tell me when I said cut him?

LOL @ you for putting words into my mouth. And the other guy too devilsblood for putting words into my mouth. You mr bowl cut are famous for picking apart my posts. So now you say things that I never said. I didn't use the word cut. Get a pair of eyes or shut the hell up man seriously. You always pick apart everything I say, and now you've lost your eyes!

Old
01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Tell me when I said cut him?
you said "how much longer do we continue?" and "put the energy into other players"

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
you said "how much longer do we continue?" and "put the energy into other players"
That doesn't mean he said we should cut him. It probably means that we should focus our energy on actual call-ups who can play at the NHL level, wich isn't Tedenby atm.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Devils731

Quote:

His points per games play total is still pretty skewed by his low ice time. His points per minute doesn't look bad, especially when adding in how many of those minutes were with Janssen, who nobody scores with.

Devils731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
CerebralGenesis

So he can put up points when he gets to play but need confidence and learn how to play in his own end.

His hockey IQ is just going to be that way so what can you do?

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Spiral21x

He needs to put on 20 pounds so the wind doesn't knock him over. He's fast and when he has room he makes some good plays, but when you're 160 pounds and can't muscle to the net it's very tough to hold on to the puck long, and he's too small to be much help defensively.

Spiral21x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
His points per games play total is still pretty skewed by his low ice time. His points per minute doesn't look bad, especially when adding in how many of those minutes were with Janssen, who nobody scores with.
He wasn't playing with Janssen in Sweden.