HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
05-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Deboer thinks the best way to teach him is bench him for every little mistake. Tedenby plays scared now that no matter what he does he will be benched, has 0 confidence. I think he can be a successful NHLer but not with Deboer as coach
Pete has stunted his confidence for sure.

I thinks Teds has as much or close to the talents of Hagelin or Gerbe. Both of those players were allowed to make some mistakes and learn and grow from then. Both are productive players now and are given the chance to utilize their strengths of speed and stickhandling.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
hoping a first round pick from a handful of years ago just goes away?

lol.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:12 PM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Pete has stunted his confidence for sure.

I thinks Teds has as much or close to the talents of Hagelin or Gerbe. Both of those players were allowed to make some mistakes and learn and grow from then. Both are productive players now and are given the chance to utilize their strengths of speed and stickhandling.
I agree and think it's a shame. But DeBoer has done well overall.

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post

lol.
He's never gonna work with Deboer and I think you know that too. Who do you expect to stick around longer? Tedenby or Deboer? I think Deboer's gone if we miss the playoffs again next year and I've already lost much of my confidence in Pete, but that's for another discussion. I'd almost bet he got a three year contractl, and next year is the third year.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC107 View Post
I agree and think it's a shame. But DeBoer has done well overall.
And I do admit that Gerbe had a poor season, but it was an odd year with the lockout and Buffalo kind if tanked.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
He's never gonna work with Deboer and I think you know that too. Who do you expect to stick around longer? Tedenby or Deboer? I think Deboer's gone if we miss the playoffs again next year and I've already lost much of my confidence in Pete, but that's for another discussion. I'd almost bet he got a three year contractl, and next year is the third year.
Do you blame DeBoer for missing the playoffs this past season? I don't, he didn't have the talent, forget the injuries. Missing the playoffs not on him.

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Do you blame DeBoer for missing the playoffs this past season? I don't, he didn't have the talent, forget the injuries. Missing the playoffs not on him.
I don't blame him, but he could have been better. His ''Lefties on left, righties on right'' mandate was the cause for a lot of garbage line combinations that didn't work. Poni-Zajac-Kovy? Bigges joke of a first line in 20 years. Partly on Lou for not providing better talent. Also his constant benching of Larsson, and Fayne for Suckchenkov. Although Lou is just as much to blame for giving him the keys with all these defensemen. The goalie situation when Marty was injured. Do we really have to get into this in this thread?

Old
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Deboer hasn't been 100% strict about his lefties and righties. Sullivan played some left wing on the third line when he was here, and Zubrus has spent time on RW too. I don't think Ponikarovsky was specifically because of his handedness, I think there was no one better to put there. Zubrus was injured, Josefson was hurt/sent down so Henrique was needed at center, and Elias was playing marginally well on the Zajac-Clarkson line. I think Pete also likes Kovy and Elias apart since sadly they're our two best offensive players right now.

I really don't blame Pete for this season at all. The Devils played near-funadmentally perfect hockey and got sunk by awful awful goaltending and awful awful shooting. When Moose started playing like ****, the Devils tightened up on D and Moose would still let in 3 goals on 15 shots a game.

The Devils managed to own the shot-clock/chance count despite injuries to their number 1 goalie and 3 top 6 players (Kovalchuk, Henrique, Zubrus) as well as Fayne and Tallinder. I don't think Deboer handled Tedenby incredibly well, but he did the same thing with Henrique last season and look what happened. It was a shortened season and I doubt Deboer had the patience to let young guys get acclimated. Coaching (outside of the PP I guess) is literally the least of my worries right now. Give Deboer another full season to work with and I bet we won't have much to complain about by next April.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Deboer hasn't been 100% strict about his lefties and righties. Sullivan played some left wing on the third line when he was here, and Zubrus has spent time on RW too. I don't think Ponikarovsky was specifically because of his handedness, I think there was no one better to put there. Zubrus was injured, Josefson was hurt/sent down so Henrique was needed at center, and Elias was playing marginally well on the Zajac-Clarkson line. I think Pete also likes Kovy and Elias apart since sadly they're our two best offensive players right now.

I really don't blame Pete for this season at all. The Devils played near-funadmentally perfect hockey and got sunk by awful awful goaltending and awful awful shooting. When Moose started playing like ****, the Devils tightened up on D and Moose would still let in 3 goals on 15 shots a game.

The Devils managed to own the shot-clock/chance count despite injuries to their number 1 goalie and 3 top 6 players (Kovalchuk, Henrique, Zubrus) as well as Fayne and Tallinder. I don't think Deboer handled Tedenby incredibly well, but he did the same thing with Henrique last season and look what happened. It was a shortened season and I doubt Deboer had the patience to let young guys get acclimated. Coaching (outside of the PP I guess) is literally the least of my worries right now. Give Deboer another full season to work with and I bet we won't have much to complain about by next April.
I'm more concerned about the roster than I am coaching. Though I wish he wasn't so thick to ''Under no circumstances whatsoever'' try Kovy on LW. Parise is good enough to play opposite Kovy when he's on RW. Ponikarovsky, Matteau, and others are not.

If Marty goes down injured then Kinkaid has to get some playing time. If Moose goes down injured then Kinkaid has to get some playing time as well. We can't give him the Marty pre 2010 workload at age 41.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
I really think the Kovy linemates thing is being blown out of proportion. Kovy's played fantastically with the likes of Marian Hossa and Dany Heatley and Zach Parise and yet he's played fantastically with Rich Peverley, Colby Armstrong, and Nick Palmieri. I think what really screwed things up this season was rotating 3 LWs at that top line spot every other period.

If there's anything Pete really screwed up this season, it's that. Better to leave someone there and let them figure it out (Henrique between Parise and Kovalchuk comes to mind) than constantly switching guys in and out so that their roles and assignments change mid-game when they're still learning fundamentals.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

I'm pretty much done with Tedenby, to be honest. Last year was the final straw for me. Move him in the summer to a team that has a system that fits him better. It's just not gonna work here. Lou BETTER have learned his lesson from last year and not pencil him in for another Top 9 role. It will be the same song and dance as last year. He'll be eating pizza in the press box or jettisoned to Albany a week into the season.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post

lol.
Well what exactly are we supposed to do with him? Hes kind of turning into the elephant in the room these days. They really are better off just dumping him to a team with a more open system that doesn't rely on forechecking and backchecking as much. Just admit it didn't work and move on. If they wanna give him 1 more chance next year after someone gets hurt then fine but it would really be just delaying the inevitable unless he shocks everyone and is a different player.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Really hope he can succeed here, but I doubt it. I think he needs a new start.
Always liked Teddy, I think he can still be a regular, just not with NJ.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Agreed, and the way things are looking there will be even more goals to replace if Clarkson leaves.

New Jersey could be next year's Nashville if they expect Kovy to take care of 50-60% of the scoring.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:12 PM
devilsblood

Unless we can trade him for something worthwhile, I hold onto ted's for as long as possible. And then keep my fingers crossed.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Agreed, and the way things are looking there will be even more goals to replace if Clarkson leaves.

New Jersey could be next year's Nashville if they expect Kovy to take care of 50-60% of the scoring.
I think we only scored 3 more goals than Nashville this year anyway. Yay for that Saturday matinee blowout against the San Antonio Rampage.

Old
05-19-2013, 07:29 PM
SteveCangialosi123

If only he turned out like Carl Hagelin. That kid is a really good player. He's much more solidly built than Tedenby, but that's just because he hits the gym more and puts the work in. The fact that Tedenby knows that part of why he's unsuccessful is his lack of strength, yet he's still is only 175 lbs pisses me off. Put some weight on you *****! If he was 185-190 pounds he would be so much better off. Why he hasn't bulked up is beyond me. Lou needs to tell him to get his *** in the gym and get stronger.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tedenby still has time on his side for a shot at an NHL career, but I'm not convinced it will be with the Devils. Might be time for a change of scenery trade.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Billdo

vCash: 300
I honestly think Tedenby can succeed in New Jersey. I may be wearing rose colored shades saying that as well but I truly think he can. If hes allowed to make mistakes and not worry about getting benched. I firmly believe Deboer cannot develop young players. It was a strike against him in Florida and now its clear here. Why else would Fayne go from being one of our best defenseman in 2011-12 to a healthy scratch this year? Larsson scratched a ton of games. Josefson cannot play over scrubs? I don't get it. I may be in the minority here but I just don't get it.

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 732DevilsFan View Post
I honestly think Tedenby can succeed in New Jersey. I may be wearing rose colored shades saying that as well but I truly think he can. If hes allowed to make mistakes and not worry about getting benched. I firmly believe Deboer cannot develop young players. It was a strike against him in Florida and now its clear here. Why else would Fayne go from being one of our best defenseman in 2011-12 to a healthy scratch this year? Larsson scratched a ton of games. Josefson cannot play over scrubs? I don't get it. I may be in the minority here but I just don't get it.
It is puzzling how all 4 players have not progressed well under Pete.
Coincidence or pattern?

Old
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
It is puzzling how all 4 players have not progressed well under Pete.
Coincidence or pattern?
I think a lot of it is commitment to vets, and injuries. Fayne was hurt for a time, but I think any healthy scratches coming his way were because of the logjam at D and a commitment to veterans - same with Larsson. I'm guessing that Stevens had just as much to do with it as Pete, as I could see him favoring Volch, Sal, Tallinder over the kids.

JJ lost his spot because he was so hot and cold, but he got his bell rung and that didn't help.

Tedi just had a train wreck of a year. Played ok in the first 4 of the season, was a forgotten man at Albany and then just got those two injuries.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Stevens has virtually no say on who dresses

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
dont ask further questions...he just pops in for a one liner every few days, usually followed by some sort of laughter

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Stevens has virtually no say on who dresses
How did you find this out?

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by billingtons ghost View Post
How did you find this out?
Because I have a basic knowledge of coaching? Assistant coaches don't have a lot of input on rosters and even if one were to use the logic of "veterans only" it wouldn't fly. Unless the coach is stupid and decides to listen to him which then goes back to it being DeBoer's fault...

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote