HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

letter concerning prospect retention

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Diesel

vCash: 500
letter concerning prospect retention

About a month ago, I wrote to Al Alven asking him if he had spoken to anyone within the Flyers organization concerning the prospect of losing prospects. Apparently, he wrote back to me soon after I wrote him, but I just now got the email because of something screwy going on with another email program that runs occasionally without me knowing it. In any case, here's what he had to say.

EDIT: we have a rule against posting private correspondence on the boards. Please summarize it.

Last edited by Holly Gunning: 02-10-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old
02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Jester

seems to be what the expected situation may be behind closed doors. that smacks of some collusion... needless to say if the lockout goes through all of this, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Old
02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
goodrev

this is a pretty huge relief i must say, i was pretty worried about losing their rights

Old
02-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev
this is a pretty huge relief i must say, i was pretty worried about losing their rights
nothing is certain... but that had to be the assumption that something was going on behind closed doors. hopefully it will all play out like that.

Old
02-09-2005, 07:16 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
seems to be what the expected situation may be behind closed doors. that smacks of some collusion... needless to say if the lockout goes through all of this, it will be interesting to see what happens.
sure does smell of collusion

Old
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
It may not be definite but that coming out of a professionals pen does give some reassurance.

Old
02-09-2005, 09:06 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
technically, a team doesn't really retain a player's rights for two years after he is drafted. They actually retain his rights through the next two drafts. Thus, if there is no draft this year, the Flyers will simply retain the rights to Carter, Richards and others taken in '03 until '06, or whenever the eve of the next draft is.
collusion? I don't think so.
if the above technicality is fact, then Sather couldn't sign Carter away from the Flyers even if they wanted to. this goes for any team and GM.

Old
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
fan mao rong

While there is a lockout no NHL teams may sign players. If there is an agreement the rules for entry players will be according to that agreement. I doubt there will be a situation where massive numbers of entry level players would be Unrestricted Free Agents. The League would not want that, and if massive numbers of Free Agents were to come on the market, the Players Association would probably prefer they be veterans. It is standard operating procedure that if a lockout is in effect no new contracts are signed. It is not collusion.

Closed Thread