HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers made more cuts after the game

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 04:29 AM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Oilers made more cuts after the game

According to the Journal, there are now 29 players left in camp. This is from Joanne Ireland's Camp Clipboard:

The Oilers reassigned 16 players on Saturday, leaving the team with 29 in camp.

Heading to Toronto for the Roadrunners' camp are forwards JJ Hunter, Chad Hinz, Nate DiCasmirro, Brad Winchester, Michael Henrich, Mike Bashai, Dan Baum and Joe Cullen. As well, defensemen Jan Horacek, Dan Smith, Chris Sheptak, Doug Lynch, Rocky Thompson and Brian Henley.

MA Pouliot and Jeff Droun Desluariers have been reassigned to Rimouski and Chicoutimi of the QMJHL.

She also adds that there are more cuts coming today.

Old
09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
OYLer

Sorry lowetide so busy posting my thread I missed yours. At least we double sourced our info.

Old
09-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
According to the Journal, there are now 29 players left in camp. This is from Joanne Ireland's Camp Clipboard:

The Oilers reassigned 16 players on Saturday, leaving the team with 29 in camp.

Heading to Toronto for the Roadrunners' camp are forwards JJ Hunter, Chad Hinz, Nate DiCasmirro, Brad Winchester, Michael Henrich, Mike Bashai, Dan Baum and Joe Cullen. As well, defensemen Jan Horacek, Dan Smith, Chris Sheptak, Doug Lynch, Rocky Thompson and Brian Henley.

MA Pouliot and Jeff Droun Desluariers have been reassigned to Rimouski and Chicoutimi of the QMJHL.

She also adds that there are more cuts coming today.
What I like about this is that they still have 6 players to cut after the 2nd pre-season game...Now, this has to be better than last year..I mean, hopefully they'll make a few more cuts this week so that the opening night roster will play together and gel before October 9th (??)

Old
09-21-2003, 11:33 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
I think the last 2 Pre Season games will basicly have the opening day line up on it.

Old
09-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I think the last 2 Pre Season games will basicly have the opening day line up on it.
Which I think would be great...Last year, they were making cuts on the last day of camp...

Closed Thread