HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XXI)

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
I've been watching the Henrique goal quite a bit lately for some reason. Almost as much as when it actually happened.

I actually find myself watching this a lot more. It's a really good quick summation of the whole season and I like the music. Very well done considering it's a fan video and not professionally made though there's a couple of obvious 'inserts' you have to look past (like a random Gary Thorne call, or seeing a Marty shot with the MB30 mask).

Old
01-01-2013, 08:03 PM
kiwidevil

vCash: 500
You can say they aren't tanking. But who in their right mind would give Tambellini an extension?

"Well Steve, you have consistently run the least successful NHL franchise for the last half decade . . . here's your extension, looking forward to the future with you."

Old
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I actually find myself watching this a lot more. It's a really good quick summation of the whole season and I like the music. Very well done considering it's a fan video and not professionally made though there's a couple of obvious 'inserts' you have to look past (like a random Gary Thorne call, or seeing a Marty shot with the MB30 mask).

Yeah there were a couple inaccuracies in that video. Things that weren't from this year. Not that it matters cause I really like the video, but I did pick them out. The Gary Thorne call, I didn't notice the MB30 mask. I did notice a clip from Sam Rosen with Zach Parise skating off the ice with Rosen saying something like ''For the Devils this season is over'' The voice clip could have been from the second to last game of that season at MSG, but Parise did not play in that game.

Also the clip where Chico says ''This is what legends are made of Doc'' or something like that. I think it showed Marty stopping Okposo on the breakaway last year, but the sound clip couldn't have been from last year, because Doc did not call any games with Chico.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

The Marty mask showed up for like two seconds during the pre-SCF montage, it just stands out like a sore thumb to me. Glad he went back to the old one in time last year lol. I don't mind splicing in extra Doc clips even if he didn't do regular season games, cause at least it's Doc and he's not too far in the past yet lol. The last time Thorne called the Devils for ESPN was in 2004

Old
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
The Marty mask showed up for like two seconds during the pre-SCF montage, it just stands out like a sore thumb to me. Glad he went back to the old one in time last year lol. I don't mind splicing in extra Doc clips even if he didn't do regular season games, cause at least it's Doc and he's not too far in the past yet lol. The last time Thorne called the Devils for ESPN was in 2004
The MB30 mask was before the SCF clips? Not from the 10/11 clips? I'd have to watch it again.

That mask kinda sucked. Didn't he say he went back to the old one because while wearing the cheesy MB30 he suffered his first major injury, and missed the playoffs for the first time in 15 years? Or was this something someone else pointed out?

Old
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

It had a fitting ending though with Parise walking off alone after the final game Eerily prescient considering the video was posted before he actually did leave.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
It was a fitting ending though with Parise walking off alone after the final game Eerily prescient considering the video was posted before he actually did leave.
Yes it was, and I actually felt bad for him the way he looked. He had a really defeated look. Though I didn't actually watch that until around September for the first time.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:

What a rollercoaster that season was and this video captured it all. Then end almost brought tears to my eyes when Lewis scored the empty netter and then Zach walks off into the sunset there at the end. Damn do I miss this team (Parise too)...

Old
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
What a rollercoaster that season was and this video captured it all. Then end almost brought tears to my eyes when Lewis scored the empty netter and then Zach walks off into the sunset there at the end. Damn do I miss this team (Parise too)...
Really sad music too there at the end. I like the battle music showcasing game 6 of the ECF.

I'm glad they didn't show when they scored that 6th goal after Marty got back in there. I bet if he didn't pull Marty we just lose the game 4-1. The last goal he gave up was pretty much an ''I don't give a ****'' goal. Still don't understand why he did that. We scored one 6 on 5 goal all of last year, and half the times our net was empty with the extra attacker we gave up an empty net goal. Aside from Clarkson's ridiculous bounce off the glass against the Rangers, and that BS call where it was waived off from Parise we couldn't score at all with the goalie pulled last year. Didn't think we could score 3 in 3 minutes.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
My friend tried to tell me that they said Henrique's name three times like they did with Matteau, and I was like, they didn't. I made him watch the video so that I could prove it to him lol.
Doc had a great call of Henrique's goal, short, great, and to the point

The Matteau, Matteau, etc, etc call was a reaction like that of losing your virginity which makes sense considering how little the Rangers see or sniff the finals

Old
01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Really sad music too there at the end. I like the battle music showcasing game 6 of the ECF.

I'm glad they didn't show when they scored that 6th goal after Marty got back in there. I bet if he didn't pull Marty we just lose the game 4-1. The last goal he gave up was pretty much an ''I don't give a ****'' goal. Still don't understand why he did that. We scored one 6 on 5 goal all of last year, and half the times our net was empty with the extra attacker we gave up an empty net goal. Aside from Clarkson's ridiculous bounce off the glass against the Rangers, and that BS call where it was waived off from Parise we couldn't score at all with the goalie pulled last year. Didn't think we could score 3 in 3 minutes.
Eh I dont mind what Pete did there. Why not go for it? It didnt matter if we lost by 3 or 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

The Matteau, Matteau, etc, etc call was a reaction like that of losing your virginity which makes sense considering how little the Rangers see or sniff the finals
Very well said man. Doc's call was amazing.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I can do a great Howie Rose, but not so much the Matteau call. I cracked a bunch of friends up doing a Howie/Butch call not too long ago. Made sure to throw in plenty of EL-E-ASH calls too.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Eh I dont mind what Pete did there. Why not go for it? It didnt matter if we lost by 3 or 5.
Well it wasn't a big deal cause we were gonna lose anyway. Though I think the 6-1 defeat was the largest in a SC clincher by score in I don't remember how many years they said. Mostly I just got annoyed anytime we had a 6 on 5 cause the team was terrible at it last year. I didn't even realize Marty was out of the net until the puck went rolling in during game 6.

I was up doing some late night research as I've done many nights during this lockout. I think we had the goalie pulled in 22 games last season not including delayed penalties. I think in 10 we gave up an empty net goal. Though I'm also happy with Pete's system that we can actually score empty net goals. Remember the old days when Pandolfo iced the puck 2 times before the buzzer cause he couldn't hit the empty net?

Old
01-02-2013, 01:38 AM
apice3*

Quote:

You can also see the difference in both homerism and intelligence.

"They poke away at it! Still it's loose! Poked at by Kovalchuk, he scores! Henrique! It's over!"

vs.

"MATTEAU MATTEAU MATTEAU"

One quote, I see a guy displaying excitement over a series clinching goal while accurately describing what transpired. You can actually picture what he's calling even if you haven't seen the game.

One quote I see a guy creaming himself over a player for some reason. If I don't know what game is being referenced, all I know is Matteau did something. What, I don't know.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Doc's call had me confused. The last name he mentioned was Kovalchuk, and with the adrenaline pumping I wasn't sure who scored the goal at first. I was so afraid the play was gonna be blown dead.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:55 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
You can say they aren't tanking. But who in their right mind would give Tambellini an extension?

"Well Steve, you have consistently run the least successful NHL franchise for the last half decade . . . here's your extension, looking forward to the future with you."
The Oilers seem to think that they're going to be the next Penguins by compiling all that talent. I don't think they've done nearly as good of a job of building as the Pens did though. They built up the middle with Crosby and Malkin, and in goal with Fleury. The Oilers have built one potentially great line. They do have Schultz on defense now, but they still don't have a goalie. Who knows, maybe they'll prove all the doubters wrong. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I don't really know if the Oilers are tanking. I think they legitimately suck that bad. When was the last time they had a legit 1-2 defense combo and/or legit goalie?
They haven't even attempted to get one, and they've sold off many of their veteran players. Even now when they should be emerging from the rebuild, they are still always in the lottery.

Quote:
Yep. As soon as it was made, we knew it was one that would be remembered. Great call for a great moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
"They poke away at it! Still it's loose! Poked at by Kovalchuk, he scores! Henrique! It's over!"
I thought he said "they score!" right after mentioning Kovy, not "he scores!" Changes the meaning a little bit.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:44 AM
njdevil26

I wonder what teams are going to want to shed a few million from the cap payroll once this thing is finalized and maybe we can grab a forward for a prospect and pick...

Old
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Not to read too much into it, but why would the Devils fb page put up a link about getting to know the 2013 Devils Dancers?

Old
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Not to read too much into it, but why would the Devils fb page put up a link about getting to know the 2013 Devils Dancers?
Ya I saw that too. thought the same thing too

Old
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
They're clearly in the know.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:41 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

There's probably nothing else for them to talk about.... at all.
I think they've covered nearly every historic moment, player and "devils debate" possible at this point.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
They're clearly in the know.
Yes, this obviously means the lockout will be coming to an end

Glad we're on the same page

Old
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
KohoDonuts88
THANK YOU LOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I wonder what teams are going to want to shed a few million from the cap payroll once this thing is finalized and maybe we can grab a forward for a prospect and pick...
We are definitely in good position for 2013-14. The lower the cap the better for us, maybe we can cherry pick from one of those teams up against it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle6855989/

Old
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

The only good thing for us about a low cap is that we hopefully won't have to spend $6 million+ to sign Zajac, or absurd money to sign Clarkson. I can't imagine being a cap ceiling team with what we have now when Pittsburgh has Crosby, and Malkin and will somehow be able to fit under the cap.

Hopefully we do use the buyout option especially if there's two like what I'm hearing now. It's gotta be Volchenkov. I expect we'll most likely use it on Krys Barch though. We would have used it on him anyway this Summer! In keeping with spirit the Peters, and Boulton contracts after one year.

Closed Thread