HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CFL thread - Toronto v. Hamilton, East Final.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

vCash: 500
Wicked game. So so so Happy we won it at home in the CFL's 100th year. Congratulations Argos!

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
Why do people keep forgetting about the Rock? They won last year!

But seriously, yay for the Argos for winning. I live in Calgary so this will make going to work so much easier. I can do the Nanannananas
In their defense, the Rock/Lacross isn't exactly talked about in the media enough for people to catch wind.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

woohooooo!!!!!!!!
argos win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take that calgary, though I live like 30km away from calgary
it's always awesome to win in opponents area. even though game was in TO

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
Hopefully the Argos grey cup parade will be a nice rehearsal for the 2013 Jays parade
Which will be the rehearsal for the 2014 Leafs parade!

Kind of.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
In their defense, the Rock/Lacross isn't exactly talked about in the media enough for people to catch wind.
I know, and it's such a shame, especially during their Dynasty years.

Daisy Joy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
wait...we won something?

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's unfortunate. Lacrosse is an awesome game and I think it deserves more coverage than it gets. Their most recent Championship was my first sight of a T.O team winning a League Championship.

Actually nevermind that, first was the Toronto Nationals in the MLL (summer outdoor Lacrosse) but that team after a quick google search now plays in Hamilton. This one isn't as legit though.

Argos are second legit team I've seen win. Here's to the Jays in 2013!

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
I know, and it's such a shame, especially during their Dynasty years.
Great sport to watch as well!

Old
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It's unfortunate. Lacrosse is an awesome game and I think it deserves more coverage than it gets. Their most recent Championship was my first sight of a T.O team winning a League Championship.

Actually nevermind that, first was the Toronto Nationals in the MLL (summer outdoor Lacrosse) but that team after a quick google search now plays in Hamilton. This one isn't as legit though.

Agree completely.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
The Blue Devil

Sorry to go off topic lol. I thought it was an awesome game and congrats to the Argos for winning the 100th Grey Cup on home turf!

Old
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Ari91

Damn, feels so good to see a Toronto team win a championship. There's the Toronto Rock but lacrosse doesn't get near the coverage the CFL does. Congrats Argos!!!! Talk about a perfect storm. It's like writing a script...everything just came together.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Thank you Eric Tillman.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274
Ends with April Wine...oooowatanight

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Donmega

ARGOSSSSSS.. was expecting a let down like every Toronto team for the last couple years. Great to see a Toronto team finally winning something. Might even start watching CFL again next season. The last time I watched Argos was when Pinball played for them

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post

The Rock & Lacrosse are definitely quite under appreciated. Its fun to watch and awesome to see such a dominant team (esp their first 5 years).
And that old CN Tower logo is one of the best ever IMO.

Shimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
The Rock & Lacrosse are definitely quite under appreciated. Its fun to watch and awesome to see such a dominant team (esp their first 5 years).
And that old CN Tower logo is one of the best ever IMO.
It's a shame more people don't pay attention to it. Tickets aren't expensive, good crowds, exciting gameplay.

11-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Great game Argos... Kack was phenomenal.

Also, the Rock are amazing, so underappreciated. Definitely not enough media coverage

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:27 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Thank you Argos for wiping that smile off Drew Tate's face.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Hyperglide

Grats to the Argos and all the Argos fans on the board! Must feel awesome! Wish I was a fan but I just don't like football. Enjoy it guys and gals. Drink it up and rejoice!

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

I wonder if Rob Ford is happy.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

So much beer. Work tomorrow. That is all.

Great day for Toronto!

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:14 PM
the beat
cursum perficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
In terms of the level of competition, how does the CFL stack against the NFL? For example, would the CFL be like the AHL compared to NHL. Better? Worse?

What about CFL vs NCAA?
It would be like the AHL compared to the NFL. Top CFL players often get recruited down south, and likewise, NFL cuts head north. It is the #2 pro league in North America. NCAA would be like the CHL comparatively, because only the top players in NCAA go on to play pro, NFL and CFL included. Many CFL players are record holders at their respective schools.

A lot of people say that the quality of the CFL is low, this simply isn't true. True, it's the cream of the crop that the NFL is, but many NFL players that did well in the NFL have little to no success in the Canadian game. Many CFL players have just as much if not more skill than their NFL counterparts, but are often just "too short". That's why you see many smaller players in the CFL.

No offense to you guys in Toronto, but it's embarrassing how you treat the CFL as a city. No other city in Canada does it, and it makes your city look like you're "too good for Canada".

Anyways, the reason I came here is to congratulate you all on the historic victory. Was pulling for you guys 100%. I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Rider fan and your opponent was the Stamps!

Enjoy the win and hope to see a little more CFL pride for TO in the future.

the beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:21 PM
LeafsTFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beat View Post
No offense to you guys in Toronto, but it's embarrassing how you treat the CFL as a city. No other city in Canada does it, and it makes your city look like you're "too good for Canada".
It's a little less that, and a little more that the Argos have to compete all season long with the Blue Jays and Toronto FC. They also compete with the Leafs and Raptors at some points as well. I'm sure the fact that other cities have less sporting options leads the CFL to be a more popular thing to go see. And although the Argos don't sell out the Rogers Centre, it's a big stadium. They still get a decent crowd. People also only have limited money for sporting options and they'll prioritize it based on what sport they want to see.

Having said that, I'd love to see the CFL more popular in Toronto. I was downtown tonight and it was a blast.

LeafsTFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
It would be like the AHL compared to the NFL. Top CFL players often get recruited down south, and likewise, NFL cuts head north. It is the #2 pro league in North America. NCAA would be like the CHL comparatively, because only the top players in NCAA go on to play pro, NFL and CFL included. Many CFL players are record holders at their respective schools.

A lot of people say that the quality of the CFL is low, this simply isn't true. True, it's the cream of the crop that the NFL is, but many NFL players that did well in the NFL have little to no success in the Canadian game. Many CFL players have just as much if not more skill than their NFL counterparts, but are often just "too short". That's why you see many smaller players in the CFL.

Anyways, the reason I came here is to congratulate you all on the historic victory. Was pulling for you guys 100%. I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Rider fan and your opponent was the Stamps!

Well that's just an inane remark. Toronto has a very diverse population and has multiple sports teams for every sport. It may just be that Torontonians aren't as fond of football but that doesn't imply that we think we're 'better' than anyone else. I'm still confused why SOME people across Canada have inferiority complexes about Toronto. We're a relatively humble city who have had economic success but I don't think we're worse or better than anyone else.

Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:

Really? Well Sask was having telethons to save the riders. And the CFL was going down hard in the late 1990's. Ottawa lost two teams. Montreal struggles to sell out home games and has lost teams. But toronto sucks

Regardless, Demographics change, and there is no reason why someone has to watch the CFL just because they're canadian, seems to be what many CFL fans imply and its annoying. Besides you watch hockey, a league based in NYC so whats the difference?

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote