HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #12 - Urlacher out Reg season (Maybe/More or less)

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 10:40 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I agree we can't judge Carimi so quickly for this very reason.

Which makes it all the more hypocritical and hilarious that you have already labeled McCllelin a bust. But I digress.

What an awful game that was, glad it's over.
I don't know man... He looks like he has never played football in his life, and is only getting worse. I just don't see any reason to be even remotely optimistic about him being even a passable starter.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I don't know man... He looks like he has never played football in his life, and is only getting worse. I just don't see any reason to be even remotely optimistic about him being even a passable starter.
Oh yeah, he looks absolutely horrible. But many players have looked so in their rookie year (which is effectively what this is for Carimi) and turned out just fine. Sure, others don't turn out fine.

Just saying that it's not fair to throw career-long labels on a guy so soon.

Do I want an immediate replacement? Absolutely, the Bears aren't winning a thing with the current Carimi and sieve Webb playing tackle. But that's not the same as labeling Carimi an assured bust.

Not that any of this even matters. This is the most pathetic Bears game I think I've seen since that game in Cincy a few years back... this might have been worse, honestly.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
madgoat33

manning in particular would never take this abuse because he has too much control over the offense. tice's playcalling is ****. the routes don't work in combination, there are never any subtle picks, playaction is comically mis/under used. ****, most of the time there's not even a reasonable checkdown. forte is criminally underused in the passing game and they need to get more receivers on the field and spread the defense more since they don't really have a great corps. its just a totally unimaginative and outdated offense

Old
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
2012 Bears OL thru 10 games = 33 sacks allowed
2011 Bears OL thru 16 games = 49 sacks allowed
2010 Bears OL thru 16 games = 56 sacks allowed
2009 Bears OL thru 16 games = 35 sacks allowed (Last bit of

How does an OL not improve in 3 years?

O9 OL sucked with aging vets Pace/Kruetz/Garza and brutal Omiyale,etc but it wasn't an embarrassment

Old
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Brady and Manning would never survive behind this line with there lack of mobility

Neither one has ever taken the abuse Cutler has been taking these last few years
Brady and Manning make quicker reads and better decisions than Cutler, that's why they don't take the same abuse.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
manning in particular would never take this abuse because he has too much control over the offense. tice's playcalling is ****. the routes don't work in combination, there are never any subtle picks, playaction is comically mis/under used. ****, most of the time there's not even a reasonable checkdown. forte is criminally underused in the passing game and they need to get more receivers on the field and spread the defense more since they don't really have a great corps. its just a totally unimaginative and outdated offense
IDK if it's just me, but it seems week in week out all the bears see is man coverage, and most of the time no one gets open except Marshall. I agree on the route combination concept, it seems Tice has no clue how to do that, whereas Martz was great in route combos.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Behind this OL, Manning's neck would have been snapped in 5 different places 7 weeks ago.

I agree that Forte is absolutely underutilized in the passing game, especially this year.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Brady and Manning make quicker reads and better decisions than Cutler, that's why they don't take the same abuse.
The OL is letting guys run free ,, No QB can possible progress

Hell on one sack the entire left side of Bears line was pushed into Campbell before he even had a chance to set his feet and look up

Old
11-19-2012, 10:54 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
The OL is letting guys run free ,, No QB can possible progress

Hell on one sack the entire left side of Bears line was pushed into Campbell before he even had a chance to set his feet and look up
Very good point...I guess I'm just saying more in general over the course of a season, the QB's I mentioned would take less abuse overall than Cutler behind this OL.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
2012 Bears OL thru 10 games = 33 sacks allowed
2011 Bears OL thru 16 games = 49 sacks allowed
2010 Bears OL thru 16 games = 56 sacks allowed
2009 Bears OL thru 16 games = 35 sacks allowed (Last bit of

How does an OL not improve in 3 years?

O9 OL sucked with aging vets Pace/Kruetz/Garza and brutal Omiyale,etc but it wasn't an embarrassment
I don't know. I was joking with my dad earlier on the Bears logic. O Line coach coaches awful line, fire him? No, promote him to OC! hahaha. What a joke!

Old
11-19-2012, 11:38 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625

Old
11-19-2012, 11:43 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Bears are what, 1-9 when Cutler doesn't finish a game? I know everyone rags on him, but honestly he's our only hope. I thought we'd see McCown eventually tonight. Although it's hard to get on Campbell when he can't drop back for more than a few seconds.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
ndgt10

This team is a borderline playoff team with Cutler. Lucky for them the schedule has been cake. The only good teams we played pretty much dominated the Bears.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:18 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Cutler was actually damn lucky that he didn't play today. With how awful the defense was and horrible the o line was, even for them, it would've been disgusting.

Old
11-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

how soon people forget that Carimi handled Watt last week almost perfectly. Guy is a "rookie" and deserves the benefit of the doubt for this year.

Webb on the other side is in his 3rd full year and has shown no improvements. Cut him or Tice will always play him... on the other hand, why not just fire Tice

Old
11-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Illinihockey

Whelp, not much to say after that game. I had the Bears 6-4 at this point en route to 10-6, they are 7-3, still think they get to 10 wins. They shoudl come out fired up against the Vikings. That was a tough game to watch.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:17 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

If the Bears lose to the Vikings this week, I'm not too sure if they make the playoffs.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:30 AM
ndgt10

Bears aren't going anywhere (if they make it) in the playoffs with this offensive line. Games are won up front and we have one of the worst, if not the worst, Olines in the NFL.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
If the Bears lose to the Vikings this week, I'm not too sure if they make the playoffs.
Well ya, playoff teams don't lose at home to the Vikings. This is a must have game.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
The Bears are not who we thought they were. Think about the fact than we wasted 2 1st round picks on O-linemen. There had to be some awesome offensive linemen available for two 1st round picks. Why don't we just take the plunge and do something like that? If we don't, Cutler is probably out of the game within 2 seasons.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The Bears are not who we thought they were. Think about the fact than we wasted 2 1st round picks on O-linemen. There had to be some awesome offensive linemen available for two 1st round picks. Why don't we just take the plunge and do something like that? If we don't, Cutler is probably out of the game within 2 seasons.
Bears have to sign 2 offensive lineman in the off season. I also think they need to move Carimi inside like they did Williams, he's not fast enough to deal with speed rushers on the outside.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
RayP

List of OL available FA... looks like the better ones will either resign with their current clubs, or be franchised.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I still think Roos should be a target via trade. Obviously it will cost a lot but that team is going absolutely nowhere. I know things can change fast but they just have way too much work to do and he just turned 30. I think a couple high picks would help them a lot more. And for us, the window is the next two or three years. After that, Forte is getting a lot of mileage, Cutler, who knows how long he'll last, the defensive stars will all be about done. The reality is the Bears are going to have a few rough years while they rebuild the team. We should make one more big move like this and if it doesn't work then oh well, we tried.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
RayP

Quote:
List of OL available FA... looks like the better ones will either resign with their current clubs, or be franchised.
Probably would help if I pasted the link, ****ing idiot.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/ol.html

Old
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Probably would help if I pasted the link, ****ing idiot.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/ol.html
I have a feeling there are more than 8 free agent linemen. Hell Rachal and Spencer are both free agents after this year and aren't on that list. Plus guys will get cut or otherwise come available.

Closed Thread