Bruins Prospect Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
JMiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Goal by Camara in the Canada-CIS game. It would be nice to see him make the squad. Plus, I haven't seen a full 60 out of him yet so that would be nice :-)

He's been overshadowed by guys like Dougie, Spooner, and Knight in terms of buzz so it would be nice for the kid to get some exposure.
It's great to see him turning the corner. I know many thought he was taken a round or two too early, but hopefully he answers the questions people had about him. He certainly seems to have the type of game to fit in with the system in Boston. Maybe a rougher Campbell/Paille replacement down the line with a little more offensive pop.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:34 PM
BruinsBtn

I have only watched Camara in the three games at this camp but he was absolutely everything you want out of a 3rd/4th liner. He was there best player today after Danault (who is Bergeron jr.)

I had low expectations for Camara but he blew them away. Safe to say I would be shocked if he gets cut (and I know he was a longshot coming into the camp -- he was that good).

If you made a list of the top-5 hits in the camp, all 5 were him. Plus he was very strong on the forecheck and on the puck. He was always moving in the offensive zone but playing safe defensively. Surprisingly good anticipation and hockey sense too.

Really, really impressive.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
I have only watched Camara in the three games at this camp but he was absolutely everything you want out of a 3rd/4th liner. He was there best player today after Danault (who is Bergeron jr.)

I had low expectations for Camara but he blew them away. Safe to say I would be shocked if he gets cut (and I know he was a longshot coming into the camp -- he was that good).

If you made a list of the top-5 hits in the camp, all 5 were him. Plus he was very strong on the forecheck and on the puck. He was always moving in the offensive zone but playing safe defensively. Surprisingly good anticipation and hockey sense too.

Really, really impressive.
Scored one of the 2 goals today. Hopefully he makes the cut. Surprisingly enough it could be Subban whose the lone B cut. Paterson was the best goalie in camp by all accounts. MS might be in tough to make it let alone start.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Scored one of the 2 goals today. Hopefully he makes the cut. Surprisingly enough it could be Subban whose the lone B cut. Paterson was the best goalie in camp by all accounts. MS might be in tough to make it let alone start.
is the teams roster based entirely on production in camp? if so, subban is gone. But if they consider his previous accomplishments, and his talent level, i think they can't leave him behind.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
is the teams roster based entirely on production in camp? if so, subban is gone. But if they consider his previous accomplishments, and his talent level, i think they can't leave him behind.
Certainly not entirely, but it definitely hasn't helped his cause. We'll find out tonight!

Old
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
No, camp's only a part.

Quote:
Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn

As cuts are made,remember that the evaluation process also includes summer games v Russia, regular season +Subway series #wholepicture

Old
12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Shaun

Subban already made the team. They cut Brossoit.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Shaun

Tony C makes Team Canada

Old
12-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Tony C makes Team Canada
Great freakin news!

i always watch the WJC. great to have a few future(possible) bruins to watch.

Old
12-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Paddington

3 Bruins picks on the team. Hats off to Chia. I've been watching this tournament since the year Slaney scored against the Soviets (or was it C.I.S at that point) and I hardly remember many Bs picks is the tourny. Koko wil be with the Russians. Is the American team set?

Any other Bruins have a shot at making it for their respective countries?

Old
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
3 Bruins picks on the team. Hats off to Chia. I've been watching this tournament since the year Slaney scored against the Soviets (or was it C.I.S at that point) and I hardly remember many Bs picks is the tourny. Koko wil be with the Russians. Is the American team set?

Any other Bruins have a shot at making it for their respective countries?
Grzelcyk is going to American camp, starts Sunday I believe.

Old
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Congratz to Dougie, Subban, and Camara! One at each position! Awesome news, good luck!

Old
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Love that all 3 Bruins invitees made the team. Really pumped to see the tourny now

Old
12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Shaun

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...d=11&id=190775

New Drinking Game:

Take a shot each time Dougie says "um".

Old
12-14-2012, 06:14 AM
ODAAT

Can`t wait to see Camara play (Dougie/Subban too but..), however, it`ll be highlights only, no way this guy`s getting up at undawdly hours to watch it. It`ll be interesting to see what, if any fan support this tournament will get for the next two years

Congrats to the boys, exceptionally surprised Tom Wilson didn`t make the cut but something tells me, with the tourney in Russia, Spott a touch concerned about TW`s love of physical play and how it would be called there?

Old
12-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Thornton97

I tried searching but with no luck. What are the options for watching the tournament for a fan in the States? I doubt there will be much TV coverage (maybe NBC Sports will cover the Canada/US game???), but I suspect the only option will be online.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Not surprising for Hamilton and Subban but a really good story about this Camara kid, Great for him and his development. As for Subban, I honestly think if he has a shaky game, he will see the tournament from the bench. He will probably start but he better take advantage cause he wasn't very good this week. Go Canada Go

Old
12-14-2012, 07:56 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Congrats to the boys, exceptionally surprised Tom Wilson didn`t make the cut but something tells me, with the tourney in Russia, Spott a touch concerned about TW`s love of physical play and how it would be called there?
Not sure that Spott would be overly concerned about that ODAAT given that he put Camara on the team.

As a Bruins fan in Winnipeg, I'm pumped for the tourny this year. 4 guys to watch on team Canada with Hamilton, Subban, Camara and Shielfe, plus Grelczyk, Trouba, Koko...

Old
12-14-2012, 08:26 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Can`t wait to see Camara play (Dougie/Subban too but..), however, it`ll be highlights only, no way this guy`s getting up at undawdly hours to watch it. It`ll be interesting to see what, if any fan support this tournament will get for the next two years

Think Wilson took a couple of undisciplined penalties that Spott made a note of saying he wasn't impressed with.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:28 AM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton97 View Post
I tried searching but with no luck. What are the options for watching the tournament for a fan in the States? I doubt there will be much TV coverage (maybe NBC Sports will cover the Canada/US game???), but I suspect the only option will be online.
The NHL network will cover all the US games as well as some Team Canada games

Old
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Paddington

Quote:
It'll be an early morning or a late night for me. At least for the big games like Russia, US, and the medal round. I haven't looked at the TV schedule yet but I'm sure TSN will show repeats of the games in prime time.

This reminds me of World Cup '02 in Japan/South Korea. Only, back then I would go to a bar/club and then come home to watch the games where as now I'll be going to bed early so I can get enough sleep. I'm enjoying my 30s but every once in a while it catches uo to you.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
The NHL network will cover all the US games as well as some Team Canada games
Nice!

Wish they'd cover them all. I'm growing weary of seeing "Classic" NHL games, such as Devils-Rangers from 2009, etc.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Why would you keep Camara then? His game is physical with punishing hits. I suspect Camara just flat outplayed Wilson, and that is why Wilson is not there

Old
12-14-2012, 09:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Think Wilson took a couple of undisciplined penalties that Spott made a note of saying he wasn't impressed with.
Ahh, that`ll do it, the margin for error up front was non-existent wasn`t it.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
It'll be an early morning or a late night for me. At least for the big games like Russia, US, and the medal round. I haven't looked at the TV schedule yet but I'm sure TSN will show repeats of the games in prime time.

This reminds me of World Cup '02 in Japan/South Korea. Only, back then I would go to a bar/club and then come home to watch the games where as now I'll be going to bed early so I can get enough sleep. I'm enjoying my 30s but every once in a while it catches uo to you.
It sure does Paddington, during the Nagano Olympics, I had a "Molson Canadian" wakeup call while living in Newfoundland, essentially you sign up and a recorded message calls your phone at an ungawdly hour playing the anthem then announcing Team Canada`s game is about to begin.

Ironic thing, I was young and still very much having a love affair with booze amongst other things and I didn`t need the wakeup once, I was up each and every time, doing the one eye squint to follow the play with gross showings of intoxication

Closed Thread