HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Discussion Signup Thread PT 5: SEE POST #189

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
  #251
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Killer Kessel better watch out for the hipchecks!
That's fine, I just added Chimera to the 3rd line with Clutterbuck + my 4th line are all goons. If Killer goes down, I can retaliate hehe.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:07 PM
  #252
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Have to play Colorado, Detroit, and Washington this block.

3 top 10 teams. Great.

Huge game against Colorado which will have a big impact on the Northwest... Should be a beauty as they always are.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
  #253
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
Have to play Colorado, Detroit, and Washington this block.

3 top 10 teams. Great.

Huge game against Colorado which will have a big impact on the Northwest... Should be a beauty as they always are.
Good game last night. Can't believe I let you score that to tie it...

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
  #254
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Good game last night. Can't believe I let you score that to tie it...
Haha yah that was a really good game. I had to beat you eventually though. Can't have the bottom seed sweeping the season series or anything =P

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
  #255
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
Haha yah that was a really good game. I had to beat you eventually though. Can't have the bottom seed sweeping the season series or anything =P
I think you and I are gonna have some battles over the next few seasons and hopefully in the playoffs..

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
  #256
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
What a heartbreaking loss to Edmonton. Down 2-1 in the third and tie it with 33 seconds left. He then scores with 27 seconds to win it. lol I don't mind my seeding though for the playoffs.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  #257
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
What a heartbreaking loss to Edmonton. Down 2-1 in the third and tie it with 33 seconds left. He then scores with 27 seconds to win it. lol I don't mind my seeding though for the playoffs.
Definitely a few missed calls that took its toll on the game...

The slash on my dman that led to your 1st goal then I think when it was 2-1 for me I totally took out one of your guys to prevent a breakaway expecting to take the 2 min interference penalty, but there was no call...

Bizarre game.

Was that a pass or a shot that led to your 2nd goal =P

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
  #258
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
What a heartbreaking loss to Edmonton. Down 2-1 in the third and tie it with 33 seconds left. He then scores with 27 seconds to win it. lol I don't mind my seeding though for the playoffs.
Thats what happened to me! I was up 2-1 with like 44 seconds and I think it was Hall roofed it. Took it to a S/O and his last skater won it...

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
  #259
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Thats what happened to me! I was up 2-1 with like 44 seconds and I think it was Hall roofed it. Took it to a S/O and his last skater won it...
Sounds like you west teams need to tighten up on yo D.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:02 PM
  #260
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"
 
Swift Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Tie the game against New Jersey with 6 seconds left, just to lose in another Shootout...

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
  #261
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,488
vCash: 500
FML, I have to play Winnipeg twice this block, a team that has beaten me EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW.


Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
  #262
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Sounds like you west teams need to tighten up on yo D.
Says a guy from the conference that has a 70+ goal scorer on it.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:11 PM
  #263
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Says a guy from the East that has a 70+ goal scorer on it.
oh snap

Clearly the only explaination is that Ovechkin is a goal scoring robot, only way to explain the 30+ minutes per game!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
  #264
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
oh snap

Clearly the only explaination is that Ovechkin is a goal scoring robot, only way to explain the 30+ minutes per game!
When Nick Lidstrom retired, he donated his spare parts to Ovechkin.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
  #265
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
Definitely a few missed calls that took its toll on the game...

The slash on my dman that led to your 1st goal then I think when it was 2-1 for me I totally took out one of your guys to prevent a breakaway expecting to take the 2 min interference penalty, but there was no call...

Bizarre game.

Was that a pass or a shot that led to your 2nd goal =P
yeah McGinn had a break and got pushed from behind I def thought was a penalty lol and yup that was def a highstick that led to my first goal.

It was a pass I think that led to my second lol Landy is clutch

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  #266
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
It is very nice having Matt Carle back for the first time in 44 games. In 3 games back, he has 1 goal and 4 assists with a +5 rating. I am so close to having a healthy team for the first time since the first double sim, just waiting to get Markov back in 1 game, and Halpern back in 6, but he's a 4th line center, so not too important.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
  #267
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Sounds like you west teams need to tighten up on yo D.
i traded my best dman to the east so stupid.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
  #268
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500


Devon Setoguchi seen here giving the puck away with 1 second left on the clock to Justin Williams to tie the game with .01 seconds left and send the game into OT and eventually lose in a shootout

Gm Gunnerdunner was asked his thoughts after the game and responded I quote. "The Avs are who we thought they were, if you want to crown them then crown their A**. We just blew our last shot at making a run for the division in one play.

It is seemingly a two horse race now between Edmonton and Colorado.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  #269
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post


Devon Setoguchi seen here giving the puck away with 1 second left on the clock to Justin Williams to tie the game with .01 seconds left and send the game into OT and eventually lose in a shootout

Gm Gunnerdunner was asked his thoughts after the game and responded I quote. "The Avs are who we thought they were, if you want to crown them then crown their A**. We just blew our last shot at making a run for the division in one play.

It is seemingly a two horse race now between Edmonton and Colorado.

In other news the GM of the Oilers has deleted GM GunnerDunner off of his friends list.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
  #270
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,488
vCash: 500
I ****ing love Nuiverth. He has been AMAZING the past 3 games. Carrying the team on his back.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
  #271
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,404
vCash: 500


Avalanche Win Lucky Game against Wild after Bizarre Loss to Oilers

Avalanche GM Bane had this to say:

"With the bizarre loss to Edmonton we felt like we were bound to get some bounces and luck coming our way. We, however, didn't see this kind of luck coming. All was lost until 0.1 Seconds left in the 3rd when Williams tied the game up. This was huge for us as we pulled the win eventually in a shootout. Added to the win we had in Nashville as well it puts us in a comfortable position to still challenge for the division. We miss O'Reilly and but we are still holding up. We might need to give Varly a rest though"

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
  #272
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"
 
Swift Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
I would love to get a lucky bounce soon, seems like all the other teams I played are getting one.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
  #273
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Looks like the Hawks offensive woes will carry them into a 4/5 seed again this year. I feel like the only way i get goals is doing some ****** backhand-forehand deke that goes in against any goalie. Slap shots from the point, one timers, dekes, good passing plays, wrist shots from up close, nothing is working.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:21 PM
  #274
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
So who exactly will be gone for Thanksgiving? Will you be back by Sunday night to get your games in?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
  #275
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
So who exactly will be gone for Thanksgiving? Will you be back by Sunday night to get your games in?
I thought I might be away, but I managed to bring my Xbox on the bus with me, and my weird bridged connection has been working fine. So I might only be unable to get games in tomorrow.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.