HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Discussion Signup Thread PT 5: SEE POST #189

Old
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Price 89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
i think another glitch is that faceoff play from center.. win the faceoff.. pass to winger.. pretty much a straight breakaway to the goal.. how the **** do you defend that?.. cant tell you how many times ive been burned with that.. and it's ****ing annoying.
How many ****ing times you take WEAK SHOTS TO GET A SOFT REBOUND! Don't complain man you get what you give. And it's not a glitch it's easily stoppable

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Why is this league set on all-star?

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
How many ****ing times you take WEAK SHOTS TO GET A SOFT REBOUND! Don't complain man you get what you give. And it's not a glitch it's easily stoppable
Pucks on net, man.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Pucks on net, man.
I hate to break it to you but NHL GOALIES don't let soft shots from the blue line come into the slot! Jesus I'm a goalie and clearly never made the NHL and never let that happen.

I won I could care less. But this guy complains every single time he losses about "glitches" so ill call him out now

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Why is this league set on all-star?
Pro is too easy. Superstar too obnoxious

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but NHL GOALIES don't let soft shots from the blue line come into the slot! Jesus I'm a goalie and clearly never made the NHL and never let that happen.

I won I could care less. But this guy complains every single time he losses about "glitches" so ill call him out now
Goaltenders also don't bite on every backhand forehand deke in real life but every person in this league does that.

Jeez, he was griping about a situation that he gets burned on a lot. It isn't like he is calling you out for cheating.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Pro is too easy. Superstar too obnoxious
I wanted it on superstar lol

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
I'm happy I played the Jets CPU instead of Couto.... won 4-1, Koivu with a hat trick! My first hat trick in this league.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Swift Who
Welcome to Whoville

So sim is tonight?

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Yikes Winnipeg is really falling in the standings with his CPU handling things...

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
only one of my goals was scored that way.. and it was either take the shot or get hammered at the blue line and have a breakaway the other direction.. not my fault frolik happened to be at the net.

It was a good game.. i wasn't attacking you.. didn't mean to come across as a dick, but please enlighten me how to defend that.. when the defensemen dont turn when they're obviously going to be beat.. even with auto back skate turned off.. they still do it.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:

complain about glitches after every game? are you kidding? you must have me confused with someone else..

I complain about my own play when I lose.. I dont complain about glitches.. maybe glitch wasn't the word for that play.. I was frustrated about it when I posted that, so it came off that way.. it was more of frustration that I cant defend the play.. or know how to

Old
11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
complain about glitches after every game? are you kidding? you must have me confused with someone else..

I complain about my own play when I lose.. I dont complain about glitches.. maybe glitch wasn't the word for that play.. I was frustrated about it when I posted that, so it came off that way.. it was more of frustration that I cant defend the play.. or know how to
Sorry about that game man, it was nuts, I really didn't know what to do after it got to 6-0, felt like any shot I took was going to go in. had a rivalry vibe at the with the fighting majors though lol

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:

Tbh this sounds like an issue with your AI config.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Sorry about that game man, it was nuts, I really didn't know what to do after it got to 6-0, felt like any shot I took was going to go in. had a rivalry vibe at the with the fighting majors though lol
yeah dude, no idea what happened that game..
Quick really **** the bed early.. I was pissed because I strangely usually do well against you..

After 4-0 I stopped trying and put in Ellis, so Quicks GAA wouldn't suffer anymore.. and Ellis is terrible, which is why every shot felt like it was going in because it would, I was prepared for the score to be run up.at that point.

after that I was just trying some random dekes I haven't tried in game.. and surprisingly some of them worked..

the fights were for team moral.. to remind them it's just 1 game.... to go along with the other 27 losses they have this year.. not to mention their 12OTL as well

Varly is unreal.. so is Duchene.. I hate your team so much.. haha

Good Game though.

Old
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Tbh this sounds like an issue with your AI config.
I've played around with that a lot.. I've tried so many different setting..
what would you suggest?

Old
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
matt1396

I beat a guy 5-3 in another league. That says 2 things. 1.) He really sucks because he let me of all people score 5 goals on him. 2.) i'm getting better at this game. I'm hoping that it's the latter option though.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
yeah dude, no idea what happened that game..
Quick really **** the bed early.. I was pissed because I strangely usually do well against you..

After 4-0 I stopped trying and put in Ellis, so Quicks GAA wouldn't suffer anymore.. and Ellis is terrible, which is why every shot felt like it was going in because it would, I was prepared for the score to be run up.at that point.

after that I was just trying some random dekes I haven't tried in game.. and surprisingly some of them worked..

the fights were for team moral.. to remind them it's just 1 game.... to go along with the other 27 losses they have this year.. not to mention their 12OTL as well

Varly is unreal.. so is Duchene.. I hate your team so much.. haha

Good Game though.
yeah even I was like shocked, that one breakaway with Duchene I wanted to try something diff like a backhand thing and when it went in I'm like oh geez. then im like alrighty ill just do a short side shot and..oh a goal lol just stuck to like slapshots and stuff. It was a pretty good game besides the score it wasn't that drastic in play and shots, just like you said, quick and ellis being off their game lol.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Gary83*

Western conference drama ftw.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
yeah even I was like shocked, that one breakaway with Duchene I wanted to try something diff like a backhand thing and when it went in I'm like oh geez. then im like alrighty ill just do a short side shot and..oh a goal lol just stuck to like slapshots and stuff. It was a pretty good game besides the score it wasn't that drastic in play and shots, just like you said, quick and ellis being off their game lol.
Quick played his heart out in the last 2 games prior to playing you.. so maybe goalie fatigue does exist and playing a backup every once and a while has a bigger role than we think? haha

at least Grabner got a goal.. which ended his scoring drought..

Old
11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Edit nevermind

Last edited by xX Hot Fuss: 11-19-2012 at 06:43 PM.
xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
stevezz

A hard fought game with a **** ending in ot vs oilers! it loops and i score the worst goal of life on my first rush.. 2 issues with that goal:

1) The stupid game loops all the fkn time
2) The goalie cant stop a half blocked shot sliding along the ice (which would normally require no effort lol)

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Couto10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Yikes Winnipeg is really falling in the standings with his CPU handling things...
Great :p I'm back wednesday night everyone, so I'll send another request then and I'll be ready to play on THURSDAY, so don't play my CPU next period because I'll only be gone the first day.

Last edited by Couto10: 11-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:03 PM
DoubleK81

How pathetic is it, that I can't even score on a Stockey? Its like Gary Bettman has stolen my teams ability to put ANYTHING in the net. I could probably throw a wad of $100's at the goal, and not one would go in lolololol

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couto10 View Post
Great :p I'm back wednesday night everyone, so I'll send another request then and I'll be ready to play on THURSDAY, so don't play my CPU next period because I'll only be gone the first day.
Don't worry, not falling nearly far enough where you can't get back into it with some solid play