HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
CIROfresh

vCash: 500
how much longer do the playoffs run for.. ? anybody?

im on my last try.. and found out that if you wait till a lil later in the round robin most of the ULTRA stacked teams have moved on in the tourny..

Old
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
robis1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIROfresh View Post
how much longer do the playoffs run for.. ? anybody?

im on my last try.. and found out that if you wait till a lil later in the round robin most of the ULTRA stacked teams have moved on in the tourny..
Are you a 5 star team? If so, change your backup to some low overall goalie, so you don't have to face all stacked teams

Old
12-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Joel Ward
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Best bargain RD DFD? Looking for someone to pair with GoGo on my 3rd pairing

E Johnson
Seabrook
Michalek
Anyone else? Looking to spend 5k or less
First of all what system are you on?

It also depends on what you are looking for. If you want a TWD with speed, Matt Niskanen is your man (1-2K). If you want a DFD with a good shot, I would suggest Seabrook because I have enjoyed using him and you can get him for 3000P fairly easily (about 2000P if you're patient). If you want an OFD I would say James Wisniewski would be good he's affordable and a very underrated skater IMO (he's 86 but skates faster then Dan Boyle at times).

Some other options I can think of (other than the ones you have named):
Kevin Bieksa (1-2K)
Dan Girardi (1-2K)

EDIT: these are PS3 prices, so if you are on xbox they could be different

Old
12-04-2012, 10:56 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
First of all what system are you on?

It also depends on what you are looking for. If you want a TWD with speed, Matt Niskanen is your man (1-2K). If you want a DFD with a good shot, I would suggest Seabrook because I have enjoyed using him and you can get him for 3000P fairly easily (about 2000P if you're patient). If you want an OFD I would say James Wisniewski would be good he's affordable and a very underrated skater IMO (he's 86 but skates faster then Dan Boyle at times).

Some other options I can think of (other than the ones you have named):
Kevin Bieksa (1-2K)
Dan Girardi (1-2K)

EDIT: these are PS3 prices, so if you are on xbox they could be different
360 ... looking for DFD with decent footspeed to pair with an OFD on the left side. Right now I'm using Johnny Boychuck but he's slow. I've got Girardi on my 2nd pair with OEL and Niskanen with J-Bo on my 1st pair and they've been really good. Got a bid in now on a Burns so alternatively I might go J-Bo - Burns and move Niskanen down to 3rd pairing and I think I have a few other TWD's to pair up with him, although not sure if any LD's.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Joel Ward
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
360 ... looking for DFD with decent footspeed to pair with an OFD on the left side. Right now I'm using Johnny Boychuck but he's slow. I've got Girardi on my 2nd pair with OEL and Niskanen with J-Bo on my 1st pair and they've been really good. Got a bid in now on a Burns so alternatively I might go J-Bo - Burns and move Niskanen down to 3rd pairing and I think I have a few other TWD's to pair up with him, although not sure if any LD's.
I would say if you don't get burns go with Seabrook.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:11 AM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by robis1221 View Post
Are you a 5 star team? If so, change your backup to some low overall goalie, so you don't have to face all stacked teams
I do that in the regular season, bring my team down to 4-4 1/2 stars to level to playing field..

guess i assumed it didnt matter as much in the playoffs, but ya i do that.. thanks

Old
12-04-2012, 11:16 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIROfresh View Post
I do that in the regular season, bring my team down to 4-4 1/2 stars to level to playing field..

guess i assumed it didnt matter as much in the playoffs, but ya i do that.. thanks
Do you guys have a hard time drawing matchups with a 5 star team? I find if I don't have a scrub back up it pushes my usual line up to 5 stars and I've got to wait for ages to get a match.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
I would say if you don't get burns go with Seabrook.
Thanks! I've heard good things about EJ too but he's a little pricier it looks like.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Thanks! I've heard good things about EJ too but he's a little pricier it looks like.
Yeah, I've used Johnson with Markov and Ehrhoff and he does well. He's not the fastest or smoothest with the puck but he's big, positionally sound, and he's naturally physical. I use him on my third pair, but he gets PK time over Burns. He takes very good angles in the dzone.

He can be found at 3-5k if your patient.

I can also vouch for Bieksa as a cheap fill-in. He's tougher on the puck than his ratings would suggest.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
Yeah, I've used Johnson with Markov and Ehrhoff and he does well. He's not the fastest or smoothest with the puck but he's big, positionally sound, and he's naturally physical. I use him on my third pair, but he gets PK time over Burns. He takes very good angles in the dzone.

He can be found at 3-5k if your patient.

I can also vouch for Bieksa as a cheap fill-in. He's tougher on the puck than his ratings would suggest.
I've seen some cheap Bieksa's on the market ... as a B's fan, I can't bring myself to do it

Old
12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
I picked up Kulemin this weekend for 950 pucks. I'm using him in the International Stars tournament on Mikko's wing and he's doing very well. Koivu is a great forechecker and Kulemin has been a great finisher in the few games I've played. I think I've gotten 3 goals so far off Kulemin after a nice pass from Mikko or a loose puck created by Mikko.

Thinking very hard about keeping Kulemin but I already have Heatley to use on Mikko's wing. I'm sure I could make a decent profit if I sell him though.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Jesh18

Looking 4 malkin pm me if u have him on the ps3

Old
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
BIEKSA
Milk Hotdogs

Quote:
I've seen some cheap Bieksa's on the market ... as a B's fan, I can't bring myself to do it
I bought a Chara for cheap, tried him out for 1 game, he was alright but I really couldn't stand having him on my team and wearing #33

Old
12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
GodTukka*

It's official, **** Packs

ran out to get a PSN card (Mainly because Mass Effect 1 comes out today and i never had a 360 so i beat 2 and 3 without the first) and i got **** all outside of a 80 game contract card

Hopefully i can sell it and turn it into another defenseman like Jbow

Old
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Same, lol

Bieksa is one of the few guys i can tolerate on that team though, him, Hamhuis and Malholtra

Old
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIEKSA View Post
I bought a Chara for cheap, tried him out for 1 game, he was alright but I really couldn't stand having him on my team and wearing #33
It's the way it should be

Old
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Same, lol

Bieksa is one of the few guys i can tolerate on that team though, him, Hamhuis and Malholtra

Bieksa's one of my most hated ... I can't stand that smug face

Miracle Manny seems alright, and I've got nothing against Hamhuis ... I actually don't mind Edler either. But don't tell anybody! Lol

Old
12-04-2012, 06:19 PM
GodTukka*

I heard Ryan Whitney is a solid bargain d-man too

Old
12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
JaredCowenFan

Just picked up a Rich Peverly SOTW for my 4th line. M. Brown SOTW now available.

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 12-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 10:30 PM
HolikHoliday16

gretzky, grabner, heatley, timmonen, penner, clowe, wideman, pavelec all up for trade

Old
12-05-2012, 01:16 AM
JaredCowenFan

I f***ing hate how I dominate this guy the whole entire game and in shots 52-5 and he wins 2-1. Those freakin' LUCKY bounces he gets, unbelieveable. I have been loosing games becuase I havn't been able to score, uaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Steve Mason was in net for him. I can recall a few times where he's shut me out to 2 goals or less and stood on his head. Anyone tried him before? From how he's shut me down he looks good!??!

Old
12-05-2012, 01:29 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Bieksa's one of my most hated ... I can't stand that smug face

Miracle Manny seems alright, and I've got nothing against Hamhuis ... I actually don't mind Edler either. But don't tell anybody! Lol
I use Bergeron because he's the man but him and Krejci are the only people I would touch on that team. I've had the opportunity to use Marchand so many times but it felt dirty enough just selling him. I wish I could put him in goal and help the other team take slapshots at him.

JCFan - let me know how Peverley is. I've been interested in him for my fourth for some time now but I keep missing out on him for 5k.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:05 AM
BaD720
Rookie User

Selling/trading EDM Gretzky

still selling or trading Edm Gretzky (93 rating one).

Old
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
I f***ing hate how I dominate this guy the whole entire game and in shots 52-5 and he wins 2-1. Those freakin' LUCKY bounces he gets, unbelieveable. I have been loosing games becuase I havn't been able to score, uaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Steve Mason was in net for him. I can recall a few times where he's shut me out to 2 goals or less and stood on his head. Anyone tried him before? From how he's shut me down he looks good!??!
I've had the same problem lately, and Mason was the last guy I remember that stonewalled me. He seems to perform well for the other team but I imgaine he'd suck for me.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:08 AM
SaNcAlandariel

I log on to HUT the other day and I see an offline featured tourney. What kind of sorcery is this? I can finally play featured tourneys without playing other people? Awesome.

Closed Thread