HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I know.

Spoil:
I still have no idea what the endgame is supposed to be. People are dying way faster than they are reproducing, the way things are going the human race is completely unsustainable. It makes me sick whenever a faction goes to war with another(like the Governor against the soldiers, and now Rick against the Governor).

What are these people thinking!!!(although I guess that's sort of the point, how humanity responds to zombies). But if the ending is simply everyone dies that would be a total let down.

And slightly OT-how did a crazy hobo survive that long surrounded by zombies without knowing they existed? Seems like they just threw him in the plot to put more questions on morality into the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Spoil:
Tyrese will come into the fold soon apparently as will Morgan (the guy we met in the first episode). I'm not sure how everything is going to shake down I think it will be a long-time before a cure is found although this idea that everyone alive is already affected changes a lot. A cure probably won't be found for awhile if it does happen.

Crazy hobo guy was probably a hermit who lived in the middle of nowhere and was isolated from society. Probably didn't know about zombies at all. As for morals, there are none. It's basically just do your best to stay alive.
Spoil:
If the world is pretty much wiped out, and even if it's inching to extinction, all morals are out the window. Kill anyone at any cost to stay alive as long as possilble, now the plot in TWD isn't exactly like that, but they have to stick together as a group, and Glenn & Maggie are a key part of that group.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
11-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Spoil:
If the world is pretty much wiped out, and even if it's inching to extinction, all morals are out the window. Kill anyone at any cost to stay alive as long as possilble, now the plot in TWD isn't exactly like that, but they have to stick together as a group, and Glenn & Maggie are a key part of that group.
Spoil:
Personally I think that's stupid. Like Michonne wanting to just wander around killing zombies for the rest of her life. I don't even get the point of living in a world like that where the goal is simply to survive as long as possible with no thought as to the continuation of humanity.

You'd think with a zombie apocaypse it would foster more human unity, not the exact opposite.

Not that I'm complaining about the show, as it is really enteraining.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

I have very few issues with my reading dyslexia in this thread lately.

11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
I have very few issues with my reading dyslexia in this thread lately.
I thought I went blind.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I'll join in the Spoil Tag with a funny anecdote about last night's viewing experience...

Spoil:
My brother-in-law and I are both avid zombie enthusiasts. We love watching a good (or bad, if the situation calls for it) zombie flick. We've read the Max Brooks books, etc., we play Zombies in BLOPS, so we've had more than a few conversations about tactics in the event of a zombie apocalypse and what have you.

So last night, the group comes across the Hermit in the Cabin. My brother-in-law gets all excited - he starts excitedly jabbering about how the show finally has someone that is doing what he basically would have done - retreat to the woods and start roughing it.

So imagine his face when approximately eight seconds later, that Hermit gets shanked by Michonne.

It took me several minutes to stop laughing.

Anyway - decent episode. Lots of set-up. The real start of this one - IMO - was Glenn, who was a tower of power. Taking on the zombie whilst tied to a chair, headbutting Merle, not cracking under interrogation...didn't realize he was that tough.

The Governor's interrogation of Maggie was just plain creepy. I was surprised he stopped where he did.

I was also surprised (and a little annoyed) that Michonne stopped short of describing anything about Merle - it's leading to an eventual run-in for both Darryl and Merle that's going to be more than a little awkward for all involved. While last night's episode had a moment that let us wonder if Merle was really on the Governor's side or not, I can't help thinking he won't be welcomed back to the Prison Group - his bad blood with Rick (and now Glenn and Maggie) will run much thicker than his family bonds with Darryl.

The preview for next week looks intense. Like I said, lots of set-up in this episode, so I'll be interested to see how it all plays out next week.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

hey guys, Im thinking of taking a learner's licence knowledge test sometime today or tmr and i was wondering how many questions i can skip?...can i skip as many as i want or is there a limit? what happens if i go over the limit?

Old
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Pseudonymous

I believe you can skip as many as you want but youre going to have to answer them in the end, unless you've got enough right to indicate you've passed. It goes back to the ones you skipped

Only tip I have for that test is to read the question carefully, sometimes you think theyre asking something they are not and you answer too quickly

it seems as if theyre trying to make sure youre reading carefully instead of actually testing your knowledge

Otherwise the test isn't too difficult

Old
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
valkyrie42ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
hey guys, Im thinking of taking a learner's licence knowledge test sometime today or tmr and i was wondering how many questions i can skip?...can i skip as many as i want or is there a limit? what happens if i go over the limit?
Good luck with it!

Old
11-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Yep. Skip as many as you want. I didn't really need to, it's a pretty easy test if you've done the homework.

Just get to 40 correct answers before you get 10 wrong and you're gravy.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
hey guys, Im thinking of taking a learner's licence knowledge test sometime today or tmr and i was wondering how many questions i can skip?
I have 3 kids that walk to and from school... please don't practice driving in my neighbourhood.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I'll join in the Spoil Tag with a funny anecdote about last night's viewing experience...
That's hilarious.

Spoil:
Anyways, I pretty agree with everything you said. I don't think Merle cracks from the governor, if anything the governor will end him. Although it's going to get messy when Merle takes Rick by surprise, look what he did to Glenn. Glenn wasn't even responsible. I can't see him going back to the prison group. I think Merle'll die before that happens. It would be funny if Merle killed himself when he snaps or something because of what Darryl said in the first season about Merle.

I don't see what Andrea is going to do now. The governor is very persuasive but harsh. Michonne said it pretty well when using Jim Jones as a comparison. Anyhow, I think probably Merle, and maybe Andrea will die next episode. I hope the Governor is ended though. The scenes with him tend to go much slower.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

McCartney was unreal! It's a shame to this generation's entertainers that a 71 year old man can out perform your mid 20's performer. He showed why he is a living legend in music... And he lived up to his Beatles image of the showman.

Got some good pics that ill post when I'm on my computer.

Seen McCartney live, now the Canucks need a Cup so I can die happy! Haha

Old
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Kid_Roll

I haven't decided what my "Christmas video game" will be (ie I sit down and dedicate what free time I have on the holidays to finishing a game.)

Last year it was Batman Arkham City. This year, I am thinking either Hitman: Absolution or starting a season as a cornerback in Madden 13.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
I haven't decided what my "Christmas video game" will be (ie I sit down and dedicate what free time I have on the holidays to finishing a game.)

Last year it was Batman Arkham City. This year, I am thinking either Hitman: Absolution or starting a season as a cornerback in Madden 13.
I was intrigued when I first heard there was a Walking Dead game for the PS3 but hugely disappointed to find it had nothing to do with the characters or storyline line of the show.

Last edited by Eddy Punch Clock: 11-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Barney Gumble

Some good prices on games I'll never have time for on "Steam" or "Green Man Gaming" so far (eg., Witcher 2 for eight bucks is a good deal - but like I said, I gotta work on the backlog of games I bought but never got around to really playing; that said, I bought Skyrim for $22.50 this past Friday ).

Old
11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Some good prices on games I'll never have time for on "Steam" or "Green Man Gaming" so far (eg., Witcher 2 for eight bucks is a good deal - but like I said, I gotta work on the backlog of games I bought but never got around to really playing; that said, I bought Skyrim for $22.50 this past Friday ).
I have around 20-25 games from last years Steam sale I need to play. Yet I still buy games...

It's an addiction.

That's why I make sure I play one game a year at Christmas, so at least I know I played one game hahaha. (Long gone are my days as a kid with endless time)

Old
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I was intrigued when I first heard there was a Walking Dead game for the PS3 but hugely disappointed to find it had nothing to do with the characters or storyline line of the show.
It's actual a pretty fun game all things considered! I enjoyed it quite a bit, despite having the same reservations you had.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
luongoisdaman

Quote:
Two people appear to have been killed in a daylight shooting at the Executive Hotel and Conference Centre at 4201 Lougheed Highway in Burnaby, B.C., just before noon.

The body of a tattooed man could be seen slumped outside the front doors of the hotel, surrounded by shattered glass from the doors and windows of the hotel lobby.

A second body appeared to be lying just inside the lobby of the hotel.

Police have yet to release any information about the shooting, but several officers from the integrated gang unit are at the scene.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...g.html?cmp=rss

Old
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Stefan It Up

Matthieu Schneider definitely not a fan of AV:

http://www.***********/r/IAmA/comment...athieu/c77356s

Old
11-26-2012, 06:02 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
FYI: spoiler tags don't work when viewing the site on an iPhone. Not that it affected me, but for others it might. I guess anyone viewing mobile might want to skip this thread altogether.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:12 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
i did not expected to pass today but i did

Old
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
i did not expected to pass today but i did
Great another driver in Vancouver that doesn't know the rules of the road

Congrats! But seriously watch out for Vancouver drivers at least 80% suck ass!

Old
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Wow that's ****ed. Several of my relatives stayed over at the hotel when they came over to visit me and my family. First time I hear of murders near my place there, ever...

Old
11-26-2012, 08:07 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Spoil:
feed me more

11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions