HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New Rules In Future??

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 11:09 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
New Rules In Future??

I got an idea that would cause less injuries and cause players to be less tired. As I watched the preseason Leafs vs the Euro teams, I noticed that they had more than 18 skaters. I think it was 24 skaters or something like that, why not expand the skaters on the ice to that and the roster. It would be good cause the skaters will play less and get less tired and it would be good for teams to have more depth. I sort of like this idea cause if their is a player like Moore who has played well so far, instead of going to the minors or instead of making a trade just to make room for him, with this rule he would make the team and get some ice time and alot of kids who deserve ice time would actually get it. What do you guys think????

Old
09-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Lundyfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Um... NO. Sorry.

Old
09-20-2003, 11:28 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
the talent is watered down enough as it is, we don't need more AHLers out there

I also don't see how that helps injuries since the most common ones are freak and happen because of aggression and just play not lack of endurance or stamina

Old
09-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Barnaby

I dont like it at all. First of all most teams would still go with there most talented 3-4 lines so basically your just gonna have a bigger bench and more watered down talent in the NHL. Your also taking alot of the skilled players out of the AHL. Think about it... If your the Atlanta Thrashers are you gonna give Heatley or Kovalchuk less playing time? No, your just gonna have a ton more reserves and speacialty players.

Old
09-20-2003, 12:33 PM
schmittkov

Owners

The owners would never go for it becuase they would have to pay alot more in salaries. That is the reason they lowered the roster limit a few years ago by one player, to 23.

Old
09-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Terrible suggestion.

Closed Thread