HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maybe there will be a season...

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Jungle Boy

vCash: 500
Maybe there will be a season...

ESPN article

"The prospect that we'd be able to conclude an agreement by the end of the weekend is very daunting," Goodenow said. "It is possible, but I don't want to discuss the levels of probability."

Goodenow said that one of the four limits would immediately be exceeded if this deal was put in place, and others could be easily reached.

Goodenow said the sides would meet again. The union asked Bettman and Daly to stay in Toronto through Thursday for negotiating sessions.

This shows that they are still talking, and each side is trying to take the most. Of course that negotiations will be around those four limits and IMO the NHL is willing to change those numbers. The deadline is to rush things and put more pressure in the players.

Letīs hope there is a season, we finish last, draft Crosby and JP Lavasseur and in 4/5 years we become a dinasty.

Old
02-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy
ESPN article

"The prospect that we'd be able to conclude an agreement by the end of the weekend is very daunting," Goodenow said. "It is possible, but I don't want to discuss the levels of probability."

Goodenow said that one of the four limits would immediately be exceeded if this deal was put in place, and others could be easily reached.

Goodenow said the sides would meet again. The union asked Bettman and Daly to stay in Toronto through Thursday for negotiating sessions.

This shows that they are still talking, and each side is trying to take the most. Of course that negotiations will be around those four limits and IMO the NHL is willing to change those numbers. The deadline is to rush things and put more pressure in the players.

Letīs hope there is a season, we finish last, draft Crosby and JP Lavasseur and in 4/5 years we become a dinasty.
If there's a season, you can bet we won't finish last.
We'll miss the playoff by 1 point, then with our 1st pick we'll draft a project who, in a few seasons, will become the next Dave Steckel...

Old
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Cropduster

I bet if they do a short season they will do a lottery draft for the bottom 6-10 teams. I would love to see us win the cup, but I would hate to see the rest of the NHL community thinking we didnt deserve it!

Old
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Slam reports

Nifty PR move by commissioner
Hanging by a thread
'Final' offer won't fly
Can NHL offer trigger a deal?
Hope runs out to save season
Trigger fingered
Tick-tock

Old
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
McSorley 33

If their is a season, which by now after the news report today which simply stated that nothing had changed and that they just gave each other the What do you want from me look, I'll still support them 20 games or 35 games. I'll be waiting!! The new guy, Marty.

Old
02-10-2005, 08:20 PM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster
I bet if they do a short season they will do a lottery draft for the bottom 6-10 teams. I would love to see us win the cup, but I would hate to see the rest of the NHL community thinking we didnt deserve it!
You know sadly that is the way it's going to be for who ever wins. Very good point, but I'd still take it and do my enzone dance in the living of my house

Closed Thread