HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Artem Anisimov

Old
11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov

I know he was just acquired and unlikely to be moved by Columbus at this point, but hypothetically what would the Jackets be looking for in return?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
hlaverty06

Yeah its unlikely they trade them but they're in need of scoring.

Their D is pretty good with Wiz, Johnson, Tyutin, Murray as a top 4. The Aucoin and Nitikin rounding it out

Maybe package him and Mason/Bob for upgrade in goal is the only other thing I could see them doing besides looking for more offense

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

What would you want from NJ? Josefson?

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Columbus needs skilled top-6 forwards so...

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
What`s the projected lineup ATM?

Old
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
So you'd be looking for an Artem Anisimov type in return?

Too bad the Rangers just traded away a player like that....

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
What`s the projected lineup ATM?
For the top six, some mix of Brassard, Umberger, Johansen, Foligno, Prospal, Atkinson, Dubinsky, or Anisimov, probably.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So you'd be looking for an Artem Anisimov type in return?

Too bad the Rangers just traded away a player like that....
I think in the extremely unlikely scenario Artem was traded it wouldn't be for another top 6 (unless it was part of a package for a number one center/superstar) it would be for a pair of prospects with top six potential.

Also, someone asked what the forward group looks like some combination of:
Umberger-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Foligno-Brassard-Atkinson
Dorsett-Johansen-Prospal

Johansen could play himself into the 1 or 2 center roles or be slotted @ wing in the top 6. No elite scorers, the group is essentially a bunch of grinders. Johansen and Atkinson could break out (all reports are that their time in the AHL is really helping them) but scoring is definitely going to be an issue.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
The Red Line

That is a brutal top 9, not trying to be mean.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
That is a brutal top 9, not trying to be mean.
a) It is a bit mean

b) You are right, most Columbus fans get it, but they finished off strong with a pretty weak forward group and their improved defense/goaltending should result in a more competitive team than the one with Carter/Nash/Vermette/Umberger/Huselius and 2-3 NHL calibre defenseman most of the season.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
I think in the extremely unlikely scenario Artem was traded it wouldn't be for another top 6 (unless it was part of a package for a number one center/superstar) it would be for a pair of prospects with top six potential.

Also, someone asked what the forward group looks like some combination of:
Umberger-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Foligno-Brassard-Atkinson
Dorsett-Johansen-Prospal

Johansen could play himself into the 1 or 2 center roles or be slotted @ wing in the top 6. No elite scorers, the group is essentially a bunch of grinders. Johansen and Atkinson could break out (all reports are that their time in the AHL is really helping them) but scoring is definitely going to be an issue.
Prospal over Foligno and Atkinson? I'm no Columbus fan, but isn't Prospal the kind of guy you play in your top-6 until he proves he can't play there anymore? The guy has been a consistent 50+ point scorer when healthy over his career. I can't see him not being on the 2nd line.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
StringerBell

If the Canucks could swing Kadri in a Luongo trade, would something like Kadri + Raymond for Anisimov + Goloubef work as the base for a deal?

New top 9 of:

Umberger-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Prospel-Brassard-Kadri
Foligno-Johanssen-Raymond

Kadri has more top end talent than Anisimov, and Raymond adds some depth to the top 9. I'm also assuming Goloubef is expendable being the 4-5 best D prospect on a team that already has an established top 4.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

If Columbus were in all-out rebuilding mode, Anisimov would be worth a late first or a high second and a third.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
1st and a 3rd is Anisimov's value.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Prospal over Foligno and Atkinson? I'm no Columbus fan, but isn't Prospal the kind of guy you play in your top-6 until he proves he can't play there anymore? The guy has been a consistent 50+ point scorer when healthy over his career. I can't see him not being on the 2nd line.
Well Atkinson played top line minutes and was maybe the most dangerous scorer on the jackets at the end of last season, I can see prospal moved up over foligno, but I threw prospal on the same line as Johan for the veteran presence.

As for anyone being on the "second line" the entire top nine is made up of second line/third line players with a few young kids who the club is trying to develop. I think once we start playing again the plan is going to be to roll those three lines and play the hot scoring hand. If we're "lucky" and hit a homerun or two some forwards this draft (we have 3 picks in the first round this year) we hopefully can fast forward this rebuild/reshape a couple of years.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Well Atkinson played top line minutes and was maybe the most dangerous scorer on the jackets at the end of last season, I can see prospal moved up over foligno, but I threw prospal on the same line as Johan for the veteran presence.

As for anyone being on the "second line" the entire top nine is made up of second line/third line players with a few young kids who the club is trying to develop. I think once we start playing again the plan is going to be to roll those three lines and play the hot scoring hand. If we're "lucky" and hit a homerun or two some forwards this draft (we have 3 picks in the first round this year) we hopefully can fast forward this rebuild/reshape a couple of years.
Fair enough.

I'm a big believer in Atkinson, actually. I even drafted the kid late as a prospect in my keeper league (it's a deep league), so I've been following his progress for a few years now out of self-interest.

I just thought Prospal would have the job until he loses it. I definitely understand the idea of just rolling 3 lines regularly, I can easily see Columbus doing this for a while, until they can figure out where all their cards fall: who has chemistry with whom, best fits, etc...

Old
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Even though I love him and wouldn't want him dealt unless it's for an overpayment, would a deal around Eller for Anisimov work ? Or is it too close to being a lateral move ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:05 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Even though I love him and wouldn't want him dealt unless it's for an overpayment, would a deal around Eller for Anisimov work ? Or is it too close to being a lateral move ?
If I'm Columbus, I see that as a fairly large downgrade, especially considering how thin the Jackets are down the middle.

Old
11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Belanger + 2nd round pick

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Fair enough.

I'm a big believer in Atkinson, actually. I even drafted the kid late as a prospect in my keeper league (it's a deep league), so I've been following his progress for a few years now out of self-interest.

I just thought Prospal would have the job until he loses it. I definitely understand the idea of just rolling 3 lines regularly, I can easily see Columbus doing this for a while, until they can figure out where all their cards fall: who has chemistry with whom, best fits, etc...
Exactly what I meant. For good or ill Columbus really doesn't know exactly what they have personnel/chemistry wise until the new group gets to play together. With guys like Prospal and Aucoin tutoring the youngsters it will be interesting to see the line combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not to bring to much realism to this what if post, but a deal around Eller isn't very likely. Eller projects as a #2 center a role that Brassard, Anisimov, and Johansen already are capable of filling. Additionally, depending upon upon the result of the 2013 draft it is likely that Columbus could end up being very deep down the middle (CBJ likely will have at least top 5 pick so say add Monahan too Johansen, and Boone Jenner). Now if Eller could be converted to wing it might be a different story.

Last edited by alphafox: 11-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 07:19 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I know he was just acquired and unlikely to be moved by Columbus at this point, but hypothetically what would the Jackets be looking for in return?
Arty is perfect for Columbus.

He's a solid 3rd line center that will get you 30-40 points a year, can spot up well on the 2nd line and play sound defensive hockey.

I personally believe that in a bit more of a free system, Anisimov can actually get his averages up in the 40+ point range with.

Don't think that he will ever be a player that will break the bank on a contract, so there's value in that alone.

If I were Columbus, I'd look to sign him long term when they can.

Solid guy on and off the ice.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote