HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIV

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Baseball does have one thing going for it - I seem to recall that ESPN conducted some studies and found that hitting a baseball was one of the most complex and difficult routine actions out of all of sports. The ability of these guys to hit curveballs, fastballs, and knuckleballs is amazing. I think a lot of us take it for granted.
Well that and the absolute firehose of nostalgia. I heard so much justification for going to Rockies games last year for THE EXPERIENCE. Which I think is overrated since you can get the same feeling going to a DU hockey game.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Well that and the absolute firehose of nostalgia. I heard so much justification for going to Rockies games last year for THE EXPERIENCE. Which I think is overrated since you can get the same feeling going to a DU hockey game.
Great point. I actually think DU Hockey is the best bang for your buck of sporting events in this city. Post-lockout, I'd rather pony up my money for DU Hockey over the Avs any day of the week.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Go barcelonaaaa!!!

Old
04-23-2013, 11:05 AM
avalanchuck

Quote:
NFL Network rated the Broncos best and worst picks ever.

Best:
Rick Upchurch, KR/PR
Terrell Davis, RB
Lyle Alzado, DE
Randy Gradishar, LB
Jay Cutler, QB
Steve Atwater, S

Worst:
Tim Tebow, QB
Curley Culp, DT
Tommy Maddox, QB
Steve Sewell, RB
Maurice Clarett, RB

Observations:
  • Shannon Sharpe is criminally missing off the best list.
  • Curley Culp was a HOFer. A great pick but an awful trade.
  • You put Culp on there for the trade, Alphonso Smith deserves a spot on that list because he was a awful pair of trades and an awful pick.
  • Gerald Perry deserves to be on the worst list, likewise Ted Gregory.
  • Man Reeves sucked!
  • You could argue plenty of other worst picks, but this team's draft history...
Absolutely... Ted was should top that list IMO.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Los Jungs! I want an all German finale without the two so called Spanish greats.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalanchuck View Post
Absolutely... Ted was should top that list IMO.
I still remember the picture of Reeves meeting him for the first time and the clear look of shock on his face that Gregory was smaller than him.

Reminder the Elway/Marino 30 for 30 is on tonight. I hardly expect the doc to center around who had the better Qb rating.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post

Los Jungs! I want an all German finale without the two so called Spanish greats.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Everyone just hates Spanish teams because they are so good.

EDIT;

Same will happen for Munich in 3-4 years. With Pep, Götze they have pretty nice team, probably next Barca for 5-6 years.

Mandžukić is not playing, I think he's got too many yellow cards or something.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Everyone just hates Spanish teams because they are so good.

EDIT;

Same will happen for Munich in 3-4 years. With Pep, Götze they have pretty nice team, probably next Barca for 5-6 years.

Mandžukić is not playing, I think he's got too many yellow cards or something.
No I hate them because while the whole Spain is struggling in depth and inemployment both Real and Barca are funded with goverment money and they're in deep depths they spend money they don't have, but everyone in the goverment looks the other way and acts like nothing happened and all this happens while the same people that give money to Real and Barca whine to the rest of EU (most notably Germany) about their financial struggles. The fact that they're allowed to do that at plain sight and they aren't forced to suffer for it is a travesty and a black mark on whole of European football.

And on the other hand you have BVB a team with rabid fanbase funded through transparent channels, a team bulit on its own youth movement and you have die Bayern, an European giant, an institution, a team that gave us some of the best players to ever play the game, some of the best teams to ever play the game and all this while being a club with transparent finances with a top notch structure from top to bottom. Every single club should have them as their role-model, put forward a high quality product, take care of your fans and spend only as much as you make. How can any tax paying EU citizen cheer for two fiscal blackholes known as RM and Barca is beyond me.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

RE: Best and Worst Broncos picks

Id argue that Von Miller already belongs in the top 5.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
No I hate them because while the whole Spain is struggling in depth and inemployment both Real and Barca are funded with goverment money and they're in deep depths they spend money they don't have, but everyone in the goverment looks the other way and acts like nothing happened and all this happens while the same people that give money to Real and Barca whine to the rest of EU (most notably Germany) about their financial struggles. The fact that they're allowed to do that at plain sight and they aren't forced to suffer for it is a travesty and a black mark on whole of European football.

And on the other hand you have BVB a team with rabid fanbase funded through transparent channels, a team bulit on its own youth movement and you have die Bayern, an European giant, an institution, a team that gave us some of the best players to ever play the game, some of the best teams to ever play the game and all this while being a club with transparent finances with a top notch structure from top to bottom. Every single club should have them as their role-model, put forward a high quality product, take care of your fans and spend only as much as you make. How can any tax paying EU citizen cheer for two fiscal blackholes known as RM and Barca is beyond me.
Hmmp, Barcelona has to be one of the best teams producing their own players. Sure they have bought some players, but check out their roster:

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/spain...arcelona/2017/

Barcelona has 12 own produced players, who have played more than 5 games this season. Local kids or they have gone through Barcelona football.

Bayern has 7.

Dortmund has 4-5, depends If you count those games at divison 2 level or whatever, but seriously, you are telling me these teams are so superior to Barcelona? GL.

Truth is, Barcelona is one of the best teams to develop their own talent. Better than Muchen or Dortmund.

So If you are talking about their great youth programs etc.. Talk about Barcelona. They are one of the best.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:

Barca don't get funded by government money. Even without the players they do buy they're the best team. As CA has already shown you they produce the most players and actually keep their best players. Even other teams try to benefit from La masia(barca's academy) Chelsea with Romeu, Arsenal with Cesc, Manu with Pique.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
avalanchuck

Quote:
I still remember the picture of Reeves meeting him for the first time and the clear look of shock on his face that Gregory was smaller than him.

Reminder the Elway/Marino 30 for 30 is on tonight. I hardly expect the doc to center around who had the better Qb rating.
That was priceless...

Old
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Colorado Avalanche

But yeah, whatever, GL to today. We'll see If Messi plays or not. That's huge.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Hmmp, Barcelona has to be one of the best teams producing their own players. Sure they have bought some players, but check out their roster:

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/spain...arcelona/2017/

Barcelona has 12 own produced players, who have played more than 5 games this season. Local kids or they have gone through Barcelona football.

Bayern has 7.

Dortmund has 4-5, depends If you count those games at divison 2 level or whatever, but seriously, you are telling me these teams are so superior to Barcelona? GL.

Truth is, Barcelona is one of the best teams to develop their own talent. Better than Muchen or Dortmund.

So If you are talking about their great youth programs etc.. Talk about Barcelona. They are one of the best.
Nice way to ignore what matters the most, the money. You think la Masia and all of their other football academies just materialized out of thin air? When you can spend money hand over fist without answering to pretty much anyone you can build academies, poach kids from all over the world and create around 10 players out of thousands and thousands that attend your academies.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
But yeah, whatever, GL to today. We'll see If Messi plays or not. That's huge.
It seems like HF really wanted to annoy me today with their nonsense. but yeah whatever.

He's playing. This would be my 11

VV-ALves-Bartra-PK-Alba

XBI

MVP

I think that's barca's best 11 that they could use today.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Nice way to ignore what matters the most, the money. You think la Masia and all of their other football academies just materialized out of thin air? When you can spend money hand over fist without answering to pretty much anyone you can build academies, poach kids from all over the world and create around 10 players out of thousands and thousands that attend your academies.
Tell me why doesn't other rich teams like Manu or Real even Bayern have as good academies? If It's only made out of money. It's not like Munchen is poor team either.

Anyway, maybe these teams should focus more on producing players than spending it on players.

Last edited by Colorado Avalanche: 04-23-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
It seems like HF really wanted to annoy me today with their nonsense. but yeah whatever.

He's playing. This would be my 11

VV-ALves-Bartra-PK-Alba

XBI

MVP

I think that's barca's best 11 that they could use today.
Where did you read he's playing? Do you have link? I thought he hasn't had green light yet from doctors, but most likely will before game.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Well yes teams need to spend money to win. Barca is owned by the fans just like Munich. They do NOT get funded by their government.

As for poaching what team doesn't poach? Please I would love to know.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Tell me why doesn't more rich teams like Manu or Real have as good academies? If It's only made out of money. It's not like Munchen is poor team either.
Did you even read my first post? Do you have the slightest idea about how Bayern is financed and how both RM and Barcelona are funded?

Old
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Did you even read my first post? Do you have the slightest idea about how Bayern is financed and how both RM and Barcelona are funded?
Whatever. It's always same thing with you, I agree to disagree.

Germany the good, Spain the bad.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Where did you read he's playing? Do you have link? I thought he hasn't had green light yet from doctors, but most likely will before game.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Bayern-Munich

Old
04-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Goooooood. Let's hope he's 100%.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Goooooood. Let's hope he's 100%.
I doubt he is but Messi at 50% is better than cesc.

It's funny you guys talking about transfers when Munich actually spent more $$$ last summer than barca. 56 euro compared to barca's 36 Million.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Whatever. It's always same thing with you, I agree to disagree.

Germany the good, Spain the bad.
What does that even mean?

Old
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Well it's been real educating you guys but I'm about to hit the pub. ENjoy the game all.

Closed Thread