HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Morgan Klimchuk vs Sam Reinhart

Old
11-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Sticks and Pucks

vCash: 500
Morgan Klimchuk vs Sam Reinhart

Both are 95s but Reinhart is not draft eligible until 2014. Both players are extremely talented but Reinhart is seen as a top player in his draft whereas Klimchuk can barely crack the first round. Klimchuk has pretty good skating abilities and pretty sick skills too. Why does Reinhart seem to get much more hype than Klimchuk?

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:02 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Hahaha, I don't know if this is a joke or serious.

Sam has elite level vision, IQ, and passing ability. All three close or on RNH's level. Don't get me wrong, I love Klimchuk and I am a big fan of him, but Sam has talent Morgan wish he had.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:03 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

I'm going with Sam Reinhart here as well. He seems like the type of player that does everything right.

11-19-2012, 09:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I dont get this. It's not like Sam Reinhart is exceptionally old for his draft. Similarly, Klimchuk is not exceptionally young for his draft year either. Nine months separate their birthdays. Pretty standard variance from draft to draft.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:47 AM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Reinhart, without question.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:53 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Reinhart is just a more well-rounded player. Hockey IQ is off the charts and that makes him successful in all 3 zones. Klimchuk is a successful player because of his pure skills including his skating ability and shot.

Overall Reinhart is the better talent, but I'm not terribly sold on him being considered a 1st overall pick right now.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Reinhart is just a more well-rounded player. Hockey IQ is off the charts and that makes him successful in all 3 zones. Klimchuk is a successful player because of his pure skills including his skating ability and shot.

Overall Reinhart is the better talent, but I'm not terribly sold on him being considered a 1st overall pick right now.
I actually agree with you. I know his team is really young (and bad), but he isn't really blown me away like he did last season. Just hasn't progressed enough so far this year to consider him the straight forward #1 pick, probably more in the top 10 range as we speak.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:02 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

Only time I've seen him live was at the Ivan Hilinka camp and he didn't impress me at all there and looked rather lost, but I didn't want to judge him off that since it was a camp and he could've easily just not understood the drill. Seen two games by stream so far this year, none last year and based on those two I'd have to agree with you.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:53 PM
bsmith14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Only time I've seen him live was at the Ivan Hilinka camp and he didn't impress me at all there and looked rather lost, but I didn't want to judge him off that since it was a camp and he could've easily just not understood the drill. Seen two games by stream so far this year, none last year and based on those two I'd have to agree with you.
I also would have to agree. In the games I have seen he looked good, but not 1st overall good. If not him then who is the early front runner for 2014? Ho-Sang? Ekblad?

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Sticks and Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
I also would have to agree. In the games I have seen he looked good, but not 1st overall good. If not him then who is the early front runner for 2014? Ho-Sang? Ekblad?
Right now it seems to be Ekblad and I've heard good things about Roland McKeown as well.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote