HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Its #4 in accounting, a 26 certainly isn't getting you in that.
Yeesh, that high? Business kids I've met on this campus are incredibly dim. Outliers I suppose. He's not in business anyway though.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Illinihockey

Also, US News had the business college as 12th in the nation. Its not awful these days.

"The undergraduate and graduate accounting programs are regularly ranked as the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report. The College of Business as a whole is ranked 12th in the same rankings, as of 2012. The accounting programs also consistently rank within the top five of the Public Accounting Report. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked the Department of Finance third in faculty scholarly research productivity."

Old
12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

My daughter is in kindergarten...this is so f***ing scary and sad...20 children killed. This can happen anywhere. You can't have enough security at these schools as far as I'm concerned.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
My daughter is in kindergarten...this is so f***ing scary and sad...20 children killed. This can happen anywhere. You can't have enough security at these schools as far as I'm concerned.
That's what keeps shaking me to the core about this whole thing. I'm taking nothing...NOTHING, away from any shootings that have involved adults, college and high school students...NOTHING. Those mass shooting incidents are as tragic as any. But these are ****ing K-4th grade children. Just think about that for a second. Think about it. How is that possible? I had read as well (will re-read to try and confirm) that they were shot execution style. It's bad enough if some nut comes in and just starts firing at people aimlessly in some misguided rage, but to actually gather yourself and individually do that to children in school...I get emotional just typing about it and I'm about as callous and thick-skinned as they get given what I do for a living and see on a daily basis. I can't wrap my head around this.

This goes above and beyond other incidents, and I'm sorry and mean no disrespect to those involved in the others but this event today is in its own universe and I feel like things in this country, in one way or another, will forever be changed by what happened today be it legally, morally, emotionally, whatever. It feels like a shift. Hard for me to explain and put into words. I know atrocities against children and humanity in general are pretty commonplace in other regions of the world, but this isn't other regions of the world. This is the United States. This is home. This isn't supposed to happen to your 8 year old child when they're at school. Not here. This country, and this world, (at least mine) feels like a much lesser place today.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:08 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
That's what keeps shaking me to the core about this whole thing. I'm taking nothing...NOTHING, away from any shootings that have involved adults, college and high school students...NOTHING. Those mass shooting incidents are as tragic as any. But these are ****ing K-4th grade children. Just think about that for a second. Think about it. How is that possible? I had read as well (will re-read to try and confirm) that they were shot execution style. It's bad enough if some nut comes in and just starts firing at people aimlessly in some misguided rage, but to actually gather yourself and individually do that to children in school...I get emotional just typing about it and I'm about as callous and thick-skinned as they get given what I do for a living and see on a daily basis. I can't wrap my head around this.

This goes above and beyond other incidents, and I'm sorry and mean no disrespect to those involved in the others but this event today is in its own universe and I feel like things in this country, in one way or another, will forever be changed by what happened today be it legally, morally, emotionally, whatever. It feels like a shift. Hard for me to explain and put into words. I know atrocities against children and humanity in general are pretty commonplace in other regions of the world, but this isn't other regions of the world. This is the United States. This is home. This isn't supposed to happen to your 8 year old child when they're at school. Not here. This country, and this world, (at least mine) feels like a much lesser place today.
This even hurts me personally more than 9/11...at least there was a motive behind those attacks...but what possible motive is there to kill 20 innocent children?

Old
12-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Also, US News had the business college as 12th in the nation. Its not awful these days.

"The undergraduate and graduate accounting programs are regularly ranked as the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report. The College of Business as a whole is ranked 12th in the same rankings, as of 2012. The accounting programs also consistently rank within the top five of the Public Accounting Report. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked the Department of Finance third in faculty scholarly research productivity."

I stand corrected. I must have chanced into meeting nearly all of the business college's worst

Old
12-14-2012, 05:59 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Yeesh, that high? Business kids I've met on this campus are incredibly dim. Outliers I suppose. He's not in business anyway though.
They must have been marketing or management majors. What are you studying? I would have loved to check out U of I's finance program, but I was a slacker in high school. I'm more than happy with DePaul though

Last edited by TwistedWrister90: 12-14-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old
12-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Cullksinikers

Accepted into the College of Media at U of I for an advertising major. I'm in! Feels good.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Blue Liner

Congratulations, man. Good deal.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Accepted into the College of Media at U of I for an advertising major. I'm in! Feels good.
My *****

Old
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Cullksinikers

Thanks, boys.

Should be fun. Feels like home.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Congrats!

Old
12-14-2012, 06:22 PM
coldsteelonice84

When I visited, they said they had scuba hockey, I would have done it, ask about it.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Illinihockey

They also have real hockey, just sayin

Old
12-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
This was just very funny to me. Well played.

Did you play there?

Old
12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Yeah, but why would you play that nonsense when there's scuba hockey?

Screw the NHL. Let's start the NSHL. No lockouts. All awesome.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
UI hockey games were the best, loved the setup of the rink with the seats hanging over the glass.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Congrats Cullk!

Hockey was the 1 thing missing from my college experience. IU's club team played at this dive park district rink 2 miles south of campus (for those who have played at 'The Spectrum' in Bridgeview, it was 5 times worse). Place had 3 rows of seating and no lobby. Plus the team was in division 2 or 3 of ACHA. Went to 1 game and it wasn't worth going back.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:09 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Congrats Cullk!

Hockey was the 1 thing missing from my college experience. IU's club team played at this dive park district rink 2 miles south of campus (for those who have played at 'The Spectrum' in Bridgeview, it was 5 times worse). Place had 3 rows of seating and no lobby. Plus the team was in division 2 or 3 of ACHA. Went to 1 game and it wasn't worth going back.
Purdue plays like an hour and a half away. Ridiculous.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:25 PM
coldsteelonice84

They didn't have real hockey then or didn't talk about it at least.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Awesome! Congrats.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
UI hockey games were the best, loved the setup of the rink with the seats hanging over the glass.
The atmosphere of the D1 games here is absolutely nuts.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
They must have been marketing or management majors. What are you studying? I would have loved to check out U of I's finance program, but I was a slacker in high school. I'm more than happy with DePaul though
A specific major wasn't tremendously important for what I want to pursue (law), so I ended up going with psych because I'm interested in it and the major requirements are pretty light.

It's been great. Finishing up my first semester this week.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
This was just very funny to me. Well played.

Did you play there?
Yes.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Cullksinikers

I need to start raising money to get good basketball seats!

Closed Thread