HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Kadri is becoming injury prone. We should be looking to trade his ass before he's a walking talking hospital expense.
.....I don't know if I should cry or laugh reading this. There is no iron man chelios anymore and even so these injuries are pretty common in the sport.

12-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
.....I don't know if I should cry or laugh reading this. There is no iron man chelios anymore and even so these injuries are pretty common in the sport.
Iron man Phil Kessel who hasnt been injured once for the Leafs.

Wink wink!!

Old
12-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Frankie

"whiplash" is the new concussion.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:09 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Oh please. We've seen this act before by the Leafs when Reimer got his bell rung. After a little digging by journalists, we find out from his mother that Reimer has a history of concussions dating back to peewee.

Kadri got smoked, and is now going to have increased likeliness of relapse into "whiplash" like symptoms whenever it is he gets smoked again.
After a little digging you had his mother diagnosing him with something other than what medical experts dignosed him with. Doesn't mean they are right, doesn't mean they are wrong but to strap your tinfoil hat on over something that is known to be very similar is specious at best.

Old
12-28-2012, 09:47 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
After a little digging you had his mother diagnosing him with something other than what medical experts dignosed him with. Doesn't mean they are right, doesn't mean they are wrong but to strap your tinfoil hat on over something that is known to be very similar is specious at best.
Are medical people allowed to divulge medical information without the consent of the patient?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:

this is the latest reason, haters want to trade him

tomorrow, it will be, that he doesn't walk properly

Old
12-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
this is the latest reason, haters want to trade him

tomorrow, it will be, that he doesn't walk properly
i dont hate kadri. i want the leafs to do succeed and if that means trading his ass to get an nhl player then i am all for it because i doubt kadri will be a good one. hes too small and weak and injury prone apparently now which is probably a symptom of being small and weak in the first place.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
she said he had concussion problems in the past.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:19 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
i dont hate kadri. i want the leafs to do succeed and if that means trading his ass to get an nhl player then i am all for it because i doubt kadri will be a good one. hes too small and weak and injury prone apparently now which is probably a symptom of being small and weak in the first place.
You`re right, no big strong players have ever had their NHL careers ended by head injuries. None at all. If only Kadri spent more time working out his temporal muscles, maybe this all could have been avoided.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
You`re right, no big strong players have ever had their NHL careers ended by head injuries. None at all. If only Kadri spent more time working out his temporal muscles, maybe this all could have been avoided.
Kadri needs to get on an all cheeseburger diet (despite Eakin's preference for carrots) and gain some mass.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:30 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
Oh please. We've seen this act before by the Leafs when Reimer got his bell rung. After a little digging by journalists, we find out from his mother that Reimer has a history of concussions dating back to peewee.

Kadri got smoked, and is now going to have increased likeliness of relapse into "whiplash" like symptoms whenever it is he gets smoked again.
There's no good evidence that Reimer had a concussion.

Was Reimer`s mother also his physician? Does she even know what a concussion is? The vast majority of the population can't tell the difference between a migraine and a concussion, so unless Mrs. Reimer has an MD I wouldn't put much stock into what she has to say about her sons medical history.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
There's no good evidence that Reimer had a concussion.

Was Reimer`s mother also his physician? Does she even know what a concussion is? The vast majority of the population can't tell the difference between a migraine and a concussion, so unless Mrs. Reimer has an MD I wouldn't put much stock into what she has to say about her sons medical history.
I'm sure Mrs Reimer waas the one tending to her son when he got hurt in Red Deer....

She was on the ice after he got concussed in midget though.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Again...I am tired of hearing he's small the average size of an NHL player in the league is around 6'0 - 6'1...he's 6'0. I don't get how he's small. Tyler Ennis is 5'6 for crying out loud or 5'7 and he's still capable of scoring goals. Kadri needs the right conditioning now that his defense is up.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Again...I am tired of hearing he's small the average size of an NHL player in the league is around 6'0 - 6'1...he's 6'0. I don't get how he's small. Tyler Ennis is 5'6 for crying out loud or 5'7 and he's still capable of scoring goals. Kadri needs the right conditioning now that his defense is up.
Because my 13 year old cousin has bigger shoulders, neck and chest than him.

You can tell by just looking at him, he's very little.

He needs to start pounding back the burgers and work out and get to a he-man level which for him will probably amount to him nearing average NHL size.

You can be tired of hearing all you want, proof is in the pudding.

Tyler Ennis notwithstanding.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
I'm sure Mrs Reimer waas the one tending to her son when he got hurt in Red Deer....

She was on the ice after he got concussed in midget though.
I've had parents come to me saying that their kids have had recurrent symptoms from "concussions" only to find out that there's a family history of migraines going back 20 generations. Having a history of concussions isn't like having a history of cancer - most lay people (heck, even most doctors) don't really know what a concussion is and certain personality types tend to over call the diagnosis. Unless I see a report by a neurologist or a physician with experience in the matter, I'm not going to believe it.

Not to mention that Reimer's "concussions" in junior have nothing to do with how the Leafs handled his injury. There is no evidence that there was a cover up last year.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Bomber0104

Quote:
I've had parents come to me saying that their kids have had recurrent symptoms from "concussions" only to find out that there's a family history of migraines going back 20 generations. Having a history of concussions isn't like having a history of cancer - most lay people (heck, even most doctors) don't really know what a concussion is and vastly over call the diagnosis. Unless I see a report by a neurologist or a physician with experience in the matter, I'm not going to believe it.

Not to mention that Reimer's "concussions" in junior have nothing to do with how the Leafs handled his injury. There is no evidence that there was a cover up last year.
I don't care what you choose to believe or not.

Who should I believe here?

A Leafs fan of hfboards.com or Reimer's Mom about Reimer's history of health?

Tough call here.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
mikeo1

Quote:
I don't care what you choose to believe or not.

Who should I believe here?

A Leafs fan of hfboards.com or Reimer's Mom about Reimer's history of health?

Tough call here.
I'm not telling you to believe anything. I'm saying there's no proof. And I'm right.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
I'm not telling you to believe anything. I'm saying there's no proof. And I'm right.
You're really not and it's pretty funny seeing you continually deny this. Reimer's mom knows her son better than you despite what megalomania you seem to possess. I'm sure Feshchuk wouldve been going straight to Reimer's physician growing up for his journalistic piece but theres a confidentiality agreement between doctors and patients and you cant divulge information like that to the public. I suppose you feel Reimer's doctor who diagnosed a concussion doesn't know what he's talking about. Because you seem to think that or that Reimer's mom took it upon herself to diagnose and treat her son without a doctor.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Because my 13 year old cousin has bigger shoulders, neck and chest than him.

You can tell by just looking at him, he's very little.

He needs to start pounding back the burgers and work out and get to a he-man level which for him will probably amount to him nearing average NHL size.

You can be tired of hearing all you want, proof is in the pudding.

Tyler Ennis notwithstanding.
I have wider shoulders than brad ross and he's a physical specimen doesn't mean I am a better hockey player or stronger. I have looked at him hence I am saying it.

If proof is the pudding look at other players his size and skill that has taken the same route. I don't have to look it up over and over again to explain this.

Tyler Ennis, Nathan Gerbe, Daniel Briere, Claude Giroux, MSL, and so many more are under 5'11 or around the 5'10 ball park.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
You're really not and it's pretty funny seeing you continually deny this. Reimer's mom knows her son better than you despite what megalomania you seem to possess. I'm sure Feshchuk wouldve been going straight to Reimer's physician growing up for his journalistic piece but theres a confidentiality agreement between doctors and patients and you cant divulge information like that to the public. I suppose you feel Reimer's doctor who diagnosed a concussion doesn't know what he's talking about. Because you seem to think that or that Reimer's mom took it upon herself to diagnose and treat her son without a doctor.
Do you have any idea what a concussion is? If you think your son has a concussion, theres nothing than an MD can do for you - the treatment is essentially rest.

But lets say you're right and that Reimer has a history of concussions.

In what world is that proof that Reimer had a concussion last year?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Are medical people allowed to divulge medical information without the consent of the patient?
They aren't supposed to. Of course how'd that work out for the nurse in England? If a medical representative divulged information, the reporter should have no problem finding out who it was, should they? Would be nice to know, I think. Was it the trainer? The stick boy? The usher? How much merit do you wish to apply to anonymous sources or do you wish to be selective in the ones you choose?

Old
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
she said he had concussion problems in the past.
I'll just quote mike01 for you:

"But lets say you're right and that Reimer has a history of concussions.

In what world is that proof that Reimer had a concussion last year?"

Old
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Do you have any idea what a concussion is? If you think your son has a concussion, theres nothing than an MD can do for you - the treatment is essentially rest.

But lets say you're right and that Reimer has a history of concussions.

In what world is that proof that Reimer had a concussion last year?
What kind of a mother would not take her son to a doctor after getting hit hard in the head to the point where her son could not function????

The proof is the duration of how long he was out, the reporting of Reimer's mother, Monster, and how poorly he performed after coming back to early.

Neck injuries are neck. Doesn't really slow you down or make you dumber.

Brain injuries do/

Old
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
I'll just quote mike01 for you:

"But lets say you're right and that Reimer has a history of concussions.

In what world is that proof that Reimer had a concussion last year?"
And I;ll just quote him too::

"Unless a see a physician/doctor's testimony that Reimer's injury was just a mechanical neck injury and nothing to do with brain then I don't believe you or the liar leaf managers."

I believe people who actually care about Reimer....like his mom. Not leafs fans.

How do you explain his poor season other than a concussion.

Neck injuries dont really affect athletic ability. Might be tough to see wrap arounds coming...??

Old
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
What kind of a mother would not take her son to a doctor after getting hit hard in the head to the point where her son could not function????

The proof is the duration of how long he was out, the reporting of Reimer's mother, Monster, and how poorly he performed after coming back to early.

Neck injuries are neck. Doesn't really slow you down or make you dumber.

Brain injuries do/
If you were in sciences that would be a massive fail of a "proof".

Closed Thread