HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 12:13 PM
  #376
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I have wider shoulders than brad ross and he's a physical specimen doesn't mean I am a better hockey player or stronger. I have looked at him hence I am saying it.

If proof is the pudding look at other players his size and skill that has taken the same route. I don't have to look it up over and over again to explain this.

Tyler Ennis, Nathan Gerbe, Daniel Briere, Claude Giroux, MSL, and so many more are under 5'11 or around the 5'10 ball park.
LR stop arguing, you're wrong, he's right. I concede that we should sever ties with Nazem Kadri and all other prospects bomber feels are too small, and sign the following 5 men as our starting lineup for next season:


Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:14 PM
  #377
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
If you were in sciences that would be a massive fail of a "proof".
The proof is in the pudding as they say

dubey is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
  #378
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
What kind of a mother would not take her son to a doctor after getting hit hard in the head to the point where her son could not function????
I don't recall her ever saying Reimer "could not function", but thats neither here nor there. Its not proof that Reimer had a concussion last year.

Quote:
The proof is the duration of how long he was out, the reporting of Reimer's mother, Monster, and how poorly he performed after coming back to early.
He missed a whopping 19 games, you'd have to be illiterate to believe "the reporting of his mother" was proof of anything, the monster is not proof of anything, and poor play is not evidence of a concussion.

Quote:
Neck injuries are neck. Doesn't really slow you down or make you dumber.

Brain injuries do/
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Whats your point?

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
  #379
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
And I;ll just quote him too::

"Unless a see a physician/doctor's testimony that Reimer's injury was just a mechanical neck injury and nothing to do with brain then I don't believe you or the liar leaf managers."

I believe people who actually care about Reimer....like his mom. Not leafs fans.

How do you explain his poor season other than a concussion.


Neck injuries dont really affect athletic ability. Might be tough to see wrap arounds coming...??
I place more merit in science. Heck if I was a criminal, I'd love to have you on my jury. "But but but.....his mommy says he's a good guy and there's no way he murdered those people despite the videos and DNA evidence."

How do I explain his play? Well some of us were pointing out his faults over the tail end of the previous season...you know, the one where he didn't even play a half season? Here's a suggestion...look up names like Steve Penney, Jim Carey, Aubin, etc. I hope Reimer isn't like them but I've watched enough decades to know to temper my expectations when it comes to goalies.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
  #380
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
If you were in sciences that would be a massive fail of a "proof".
Sorry but no one here has access to the doctors.

I bet you Reimer talks to his mom...maybe even Monster.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
  #381
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
What kind of a mother would not take her son to a doctor after getting hit hard in the head to the point where her son could not function????

The proof is the duration of how long he was out, the reporting of Reimer's mother, Monster, and how poorly he performed after coming back to early.

Neck injuries are neck. Doesn't really slow you down or make you dumber.

Brain injuries do/
My God, as a student of Science, I just want to rip into the ridiculousness of this statement. But I'll just assume that you do not actually believe what you are saying and are just trolling right now.

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:20 PM
  #382
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
My God, as a student of Science, I just want to rip into the ridiculousness of this statement. But I'll just assume that you do not actually believe what you are saying and are just trolling right now.
What did the MRI results say doctor>?

Oh yeah, no one knows what they are.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
  #383
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but no one here has access to the doctors.

I bet you Reimer talks to his mom...maybe even Monster.
So to summarize, you have zero evidence that he had a concussion last year.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  #384
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
What did the MRI results say doctor>?

Oh yeah, no one knows what they are.
Exactly, and according to you, the next logical steps to do when we don't know something... make blind assumptions, ridiculous correlations, and gross generalizations.

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  #385
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
What kind of a mother would not take her son to a doctor after getting hit hard in the head to the point where her son could not function????

The proof is the duration of how long he was out, the reporting of Reimer's mother, Monster, and how poorly he performed after coming back to early.

Neck injuries are neck. Doesn't really slow you down or make you dumber.

Brain injuries do/
How does duration of the injury directly correlate with this?

"Her son could not function" --- I Lol'd

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  #386
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
So to summarize, you have zero evidence that he had a concussion last year.
And you have zero evidence that he didn't have a concussion.

Unless you can prove that the results of his diagnosis were just a mechanical neck injury.

But you cant!~

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
  #387
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
How does duration of the injury directly correlate with this?

"Her son could not function" --- I Lol'd
That's gotta be the longest recovery from a stiff neck I've ever heard of

I guess we'll see how long Kadri's stiff neck lasts.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:26 PM
  #388
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
And you have zero evidence that he didn't have a concussion.

Unless you can prove that the results of his diagnosis were just a mechanical neck injury.

But you cant!~
That's like saying you have zero evidence that I (a stranger) didn't have a concussion last. You don't know me or what went on. Same goes with Reimer.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
  #389
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
That's gotta be the longest recovery from a stiff neck I've ever heard of

I guess we'll see how long Kadri's stiff neck lasts.
If anything's been made clear from this thread, its that there are many things you've never heard of.

Also, MRIs are not used to diagnose concussions. Just an FYI, so you make slightly less of an ass of yourself next time this topic comes up.

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
  #390
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
That's like saying you have zero evidence that I (a stranger) didn't have a concussion last. You don't know me or what went on. Same goes with Reimer.
His mom said he did. SHe talks to Reimer and he talks to his doctor.

Lying is against the christian faith.

That's all the proof you really need.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:29 PM
  #391
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
If anything's been made clear from this thread, its that there are many things you've never heard of.

Also, MRIs are not used to diagnose concussions. Just an FYI, so you make slightly less of an ass of yourself next time this topic comes up.
Sorry but Kadri's stiff neck / concussion still doesnt take away from the fact that he is injury prone.

youve all done a wonderful job of sidetracking this thread to a talk about reimer.

You can insult me all you want. The proof is in the pudding

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #392
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,557
vCash: 500
Bomber, my mom said I was faking my knee injury and she cares for me, turned out I broke my patella I doubt that means my mom doesn't care for me but it also tells me my mom isn't a doctor. Neither is Reimer's mom.

Edit: she thought it was a simple knee strain or something, can't remember was in too much pain lol

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #393
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
If anything's been made clear from this thread, its that there are many things you've never heard of.

Also, MRIs are not used to diagnose concussions. Just an FYI, so you make slightly less of an ass of yourself next time this topic comes up.
Haha MRI to diagnose concussions. That's to see if there's a tumour or stroke or something lol

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
  #394
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
And you have zero evidence that he didn't have a concussion.

Unless you can prove that the results of his diagnosis were just a mechanical neck injury.

But you cant!~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philoso...urden_of_proof

Joey Hoser is online now  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
  #395
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
And you have zero evidence that he didn't have a concussion.

Unless you can prove that the results of his diagnosis were just a mechanical neck injury.

But you cant!~
So logically, do we:

A) Choose the option presented to us by scientists trained in the area of expertise to provide diagnosis;

or

B) Choose the option provided by his mommy, who likely has zero idea what the difference between the two is?

Choose wisely grasshopper.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
  #396
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
His mom said he did. SHe talks to Reimer and he talks to his doctor.

Lying is against the christian faith.

That's all the proof you really need.
... please tell me you aren't serious.

Joey Hoser is online now  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
  #397
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Bomber, my mom said I was faking my knee injury and she cares for me, turned out I broke my patella I doubt that means my mom doesn't care for me but it also tells me my mom isn't a doctor. Neither is Reimer's mom.
This was weeks after the concussion when the whole city (me included) was wondering what the hell is wrong with him and what it is. This is what prompted the investigation through his family.

James Reimer received medical news from his doctor
James Reimer tells his mother the news
Dave Feschuk asks for the news and his mother tells

Ron WIlson freaks out.

Basically you guys just cant admit that the love of a mother and the honesty of Catholic woman make this an irrefutable concussion, veiled by secret misinformation from the Leafs camp to prevent more Gionta assaults ruining their star goaltender.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
  #398
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
So logically, do we:

A) Choose the option presented to us by scientists trained in the area of expertise to provide diagnosis;

or

B) Choose the option provided by his mommy, who likely has zero idea what the difference between the two is?

Choose wisely grasshopper.
No because the information is passed along the chain.

You think if James Reimer's mom had some sort of baseless opinion on the matter, didn't talk to James first before stating he is concussed (yet again), James Reimer might have clarified that she was misinformed?

No, I assume like all good mothers, they would be concerned about the extent of the injury and want the news as soon as the doctor has it.

She had the medical diagnosis that James relayed her.

I rest my case. Concussion.

Leafs lied about the Concussion

That means Kadri is probably concussed too

That means Gardiner is probably concussed too.

Lawyered.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:42 PM
  #399
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
... please tell me you aren't serious.
I am serious. What reason does she have to lie, especially as a devout Christian woman? I don't think a simple telephone interview about he son's ongoing concussion history is worth Mrs Reimer potentially sacrificing her place in paradise.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 12:45 PM
  #400
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,368
vCash: 500
Alright lets leave religion out of it and go off what we heard. We're not going to start assuming what people said or did based on their faith. Thanks.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.