HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Planning to build a new computer? Read Here first! #5

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post

Fairly solid little laptop though, although neither the Core i3 or GMA 4000 are going to set the world on fire, but compared to the Turion 64 x2 in my Toshiba, or the slow as molasses Atom in the Acer, it's plenty fast. Somewhat nice thing, is that it has HT.

newegg had a special on nearly the same Dell laptop yesterday for $400, but it had a 100 MHz slower chip (meh) and 6 GB of RAM vs 4. Probably a push in either direction.
BestBuy is actually a very good place to buy laptops I think. Every time I've gone there they have had good prices on those i3 level systems.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
Fairly solid little laptop though, although neither the Core i3 or GMA 4000 are going to set the world on fire, but compared to the Turion 64 x2 in my Toshiba, or the slow as molasses Atom in the Acer, it's plenty fast. Somewhat nice thing, is that it has HT.
My condolences.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:47 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slot 3 View Post
My condolences.
It's better with Ubuntu, but the biggest grips I was having lately, was just the limited max RAM (1.5 GB), and 1024x600 res screen. I like the form factor though, and Acer's quality isn't too bad.

7 could actually run OK on it too, unless attempting to install Windows updates, then it would just slow to a crawl, that is painful.

I guess it's what I got for buying into the first wave of netbook hype, IIRC, Intel intended Atom for running gas pumps, and then people discovered netbooks weren't very good and that tablets were a lot better for web browsing.

My Toshiba was still fine, but the CPU was showing it's age with Lightroom processing.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Heh, I got my netbook cause it was cheap on Woot.

Atom, 1024x600 screen, Acer. Is yours an eeePC? Mine has an SSD actually. Need to reinstall the OS on it one of these days, I was screwing around in the CLI one day and broke it

Old
04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
guinness
those were the days

Nah, eeePC was Asus.

Mine looks like this:

I do like the form factor though, size of a paperback, 3 USB ports, 2 SD slots, ethernet, VGA. Even a decently sized KB. I have a big honking 9 cell battery for it, which allows me to get close to 9 hours, but it looks ridiculous.

Downside are the aforementioned Atom, max RAM, and low res. Trackpad is nothing to write home about either, but the size does limit things. But considering I got around 4 years of sporadic use out of it, I can't complain that much.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
sabresfan129103

Are any of you guys overclocking your rigs. I'm overclocking mine now, but that's out of necessity because my CPU is older and I have a somewhat newer graphics card. Maybe I'll just drop an extra 50 bucks and buy an after market cooler in case I want to overclock it in the future.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Richie10

I'm looking to buy a medium to high end home desktop that could be used for gaming as well as typical work stuff. I also want to buy a desk to put up in my loft to house said computer. My budget for both of these purchases will be around $1500.

Question is, should I look into building a custom computer or just purchase a preassembled computer? I'm not looking for an ultimate battle station-esque setup. Simply a nice home desktop that can run some MMORPGs decently and provide web surfing/word processing needs.

That $1500 will need to cover the computer itself, monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk, and computer chair.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:55 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I'm looking to buy a medium to high end home desktop that could be used for gaming as well as typical work stuff. I also want to buy a desk to put up in my loft to house said computer. My budget for both of these purchases will be around $1500.

Question is, should I look into building a custom computer or just purchase a preassembled computer? I'm not looking for an ultimate battle station-esque setup. Simply a nice home desktop that can run some MMORPGs decently and provide web surfing/word processing needs.

That $1500 will need to cover the computer itself, monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk, and computer chair.
I'm no expert on desks/chairs... casual glance at Ikea stuff you can get a PC desk + wheelie chair for about $160 ish...

Big Monitor $219:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009424

Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse/Keyboard $60:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191

Leave $75 for Speakers or Headphones... whichever you want

= About $1000 for PC

PC Itself:

Case I have:
NZXT Phantom 410 $99:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146087

Power Supply:
Corsair 600w Modular (on sale right now) $65:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139028

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z77 1155 $115:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128580

Processor:
Intel Core i5-3570k $220:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116504

GPU:
AMD 7850 2gb $199 (Good deal as it also comes with the games Bioshock:Infinite, Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... that's about $120 in games)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121651

Memory:
8 GB (2x4) Crucial 1600 Ram $55:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148543

Hard Drive:
1 TB WD $75:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148840

EDIT:

Whoops!!!! Add Microsoft Windows Home 64byte $99 if you don't have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116986

PC=$930

Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers = $350

Desk/Chair = $200

=$1480

Optional:

SSD Boot Drive:
Aprox $150 ... most types 120 GB

Coolermaster CPU Heatsink:
$40 or so

Those are what i'd look at right now.

Last edited by LickTheEnvelope: 04-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Just a quick note, if you have any kind of mechanical inclination you're much better off to build your own PC (usually save between $100-$1000 depending on components).

Honestly the hardest thing these days is getting the extra cables out of the way in the case...

There's some great tutorials on by newegg.com on youtube on building a PC and how to do it. Really you just need 1 phillips head screw-driver and about 3 hours.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Are any of you guys overclocking your rigs. I'm overclocking mine now, but that's out of necessity because my CPU is older and I have a somewhat newer graphics card. Maybe I'll just drop an extra 50 bucks and buy an after market cooler in case I want to overclock it in the future.
I've currently got my 2500k on a very mild OC at 4ghz. That's as high as I can go without increasing voltages.

What kinda CPU are you OCing and with what kinda video card? How high have you got so far on the stock cooler?

But yeah you'll definitely want an after market cooler for overclocking. Even a cheap Hyper 212 will get quite respectable overclocks. I can get 4GHZ on my 2500k at lower than stock voltages.

I've been in this same spot before, and my biggest tip would be to document and benchmark relentlessly. Trying to keep an older CPU up with a newer card is worthwhile, but there will be diminishing returns at a point.

Run a benchmark at every point and compare how much performance you gain at every CPU increment. Say 100mhz. When I did this I found that my gains stopped almost completely with my old E8400 at about 3.6ghz. I could get it all the way up to 4 but with a lot more heat for almost no benefit.

Quote:

Pre-assembled computers can work for gaming provided you are very selective in what you buy. Also the custom build websites like Cyberpower/Ibuypower aren't bad if you know how to pick the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
GPU:
AMD 7850 2gb $199 (Good deal as it also comes with the games Bioshock:Infinite, Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... that's about $120 in games)

Unless you need the games, the one change I would make is going with the new 650 Ti boost.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130909

Obviously the value in games is really nice, but if the games aren't wanted/needed then the 650 ti boost is more powerful for less money.

Last edited by SniperHF: 04-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 50
Hey guys, so my sister wants me to build her a new computer so I thought it'd be good to hear some opinions from everyone. She has a pretty hard budget of $500. She doesn't require a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or speakers. She doesn't plan on using anything graphic intensive (i.e. no gaming). She doesn't upgrade her computer very often, every 6 years or so because she really doesn't need to, so I'd like to put reliable components in there that should last awhile.

I already have 4GB of DDR3 and a 450W Antec PSU.

Some questions:
- Should I be looking at an APU (combined CPU/GPU) for her? Or would it be more advantageous to just get a cheap, ~$30 GPU with passive cooling?

- I haven't been keeping up with the latest in AMD vs Intel processors. The conventional wisdom used to be that Intel was generally superior except at the lower price points. I'm kind of at a loss for what I should be looking at though.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:38 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
opinions from everyone. She has a pretty hard budget of $500. She doesn't upgrade her computer very often, every 6 years or so

I already have 4GB of DDR3 and a 450W Antec PSU.

Some questions:
- Should I be looking at an APU (combined CPU/GPU) for her? Or would it be more advantageous to just get a cheap, ~$30 GPU with passive cooling?

Since there is no gaming involved at all, I wouldn't go with the APU. Try everything you can to get an I5 or an AMD 8350 FX. In a system that's going to be around a long time like you mentioned, getting a good processor now is most important.

Since you already have a PSU and RAM, getting that with $500 should be no problem.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Agreed with SniperHF.

Here's a combo for an MSI board with an i5-3470 for $262:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...=Combo.1246569

$30 case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811154095

Hard-Drive 500GB, $70:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236080

That's $365 ish. Since you have some RAM and hopefully the Power-supply is decent (because bad power supplies can wreck systems).

You could also throw in a GT 640 $90 GPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127679

It has low power consumption.

EDIT (Ya that build recommended wattage is 344 so 450 I would think should be fine).

Old
04-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Hey guys, I hate to come off as lazy but I don't completely understand some of the stuff in the OP, as I'm terrible with the hardware of computers, so I have to ask you guys instead of finding this out for myself. I bought a computer custom-built (had a friend help with what to choose) a year or two ago now. It came out to around 1500 at the time, but I'm noticing that it no longer runs the top games at top graphics settings too well. I thought it is a perfect time to upgrade with my last finals ending tomorrow and a summer job raking in the cash (however I never got around to overclocking, I should really figure out how to do that first before I upgrade). Anyways, I'm going to post my specs here, if anybody notices a glaring hole such as one piece dragging the others down, would they be willing to point it out? If not, could someone point out the best piece(s) to upgrade in a "bang for your buck" sense?

Video Card: GeForce GTX 570
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.3GHZ
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB
Cooling: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H70 High Performance CPU Cooler System
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 1050W
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
No SSD card (although my case does have a slot for one)

Last edited by Diamondillium: 04-17-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old
04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Benny Lava

You could probably power 3 of those computers with that PSU.

Anyway, there's nothing that's in dire need of upgrading. I'd say the processor is probably your weakest link, but even upgrading it to a 6300 or 8350 isn't going to give you a huge performance boost. Honestly I think your best bet would be to try overclocking your CPU and GPU if they aren't already, or have your friend do it if you don't feel comfortable. Both should overclock pretty well if you have decent cooling, and that should give you a bump in performance. If it's not enough then you can look into upgrading.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:16 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Hey guys, I hate to come off as lazy but I don't completely understand some of the stuff in the OP, as I'm terrible with the hardware of computers, so I have to ask you guys instead of finding this out for myself. I bought a computer custom-built (had a friend help with what to choose) a year or two ago now. It came out to around 1500 at the time, but I'm noticing that it no longer runs the top games at top graphics settings too well. I thought it is a perfect time to upgrade with my last finals ending tomorrow and a summer job raking in the cash (however I never got around to overclocking, I should really figure out how to do that first before I upgrade). Anyways, I'm going to post my specs here, if anybody notices a glaring hole such as one piece dragging the others down, would they be willing to point it out? If not, could someone point out the best piece(s) to upgrade in a "bang for your buck" sense?

Video Card: GeForce GTX 570
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6 Core Processor 3.3GHZ
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB
Cooling: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H70 High Performance CPU Cooler System
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 1050W
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
What games is it not playing well at higher settings? 570's are still pretty good cards.

The processor might be holding it back (?) i'm not too up on AMD but that Phenom 2 looks a little weak in benchmarks.

Everything else looks useable, i'd probably swap out the processor and the motherboard. 3570k + Board = about $400... maybe a bit less.

If you have the cash i'd recommend an SSD drive as a boot drive as well. You can get some 120 GB ones for $99 now.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Woah, quick replies.

Games that weren't running well were most recently Farcry 3 on ultra and very high (Ultra was getting like 20fps and very high just over 30 if I recall correctly, have had to use my laptop for the last month so I'm a bit rusty), and I believe Crysis 2 had some troubles back when I tried it (Although that is Crysis, so what do you expect). And for some odd reason memory usage sometimes spiked up to like 99% (which was a ***** playing Minecraft), even though 8GB should really be not be all used, but I'm in need of a system restore soon anyways, and that should probably take care of that.

I'll definitely get around to overclocking. Perhaps if I get any money and it's still having troubles I'll look into a new processor.

And yeah, I love the super PSU. My old computer had hindered upgradability by a weak power supply, so I thought I might as well go all out and get one that will power top gaming computers for 20 years.

Thanks for the info guys!

Old
04-17-2013, 11:55 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post

I'll definitely get around to overclocking. Perhaps if I get any money and it's still having troubles I'll look into a new processor.
I think OC on the CPU is definitely something worth looking into. Wouldn't mess with the 570 much though. I bet you can get pretty high with that cooler.

What's probably happening with FC3 is you are running into areas that are limited by your CPU. Check out this graph, it's got a much newer CPU but the same principle will apply.

The performance jumps considerably with clock speed increases in FC3.

Also with newer games like this, make sure you are using the newest drivers.

I think you can even upgrade to a FX 8350 with a bios update on your current board. Here is another chart with different CPU's compared in FC3.
http://www.techspot.com/articles-inf...nch/CPU_01.png

Based on that you'll get about 15% going from a 1100T to a 8350. But 15% probably isn't worth $200.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I think OC on the CPU is definitely something worth looking into. Wouldn't mess with the 570 much though. I bet you can get pretty high with that cooler.

What's probably happening with FC3 is you are running into areas that are limited by your CPU. Check out this graph, it's got a much newer CPU but the same principle will apply.

The performance jumps considerably with clock speed increases in FC3.

Also with newer games like this, make sure you are using the newest drivers.

I think you can even upgrade to a FX 8350 with a bios update on your current board. Here is another chart with different CPU's compared in FC3.
http://www.techspot.com/articles-inf...nch/CPU_01.png

Based on that you'll get about 15% going from a 1100T to a 8350. But 15% probably isn't worth $200.
Awesome, thanks for the extra info on that.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:40 AM
discordant concord

I live near NCIX (Canadian retailer). I want to purchase the computer parts from this retailer as I won't incur any shipping costs. Additionally, they have a price match policy with Canadian retailers (Newegg.ca, bestbuy.ca, staples.ca etc., not the US sites though).

Originally, I was considering blowing $1700 Canadian on the new Samsung Series 7 Chronos with AMD 8870. However, it looks like there are some issues with that platform, so I'm going to go the desktop route for now and possibly get a cheaper ultrabook next year to replace my early 2008 macbook.

I'm not really much of a gamer, but felt like I wanted to future proof the system as much as possible. I don't really care about overclocking though.

Now I'll also have a reason to take advantage of my 24 inch 1080p display, and possibly catch up with old friends online.

This is what I've put together so far. Please let me know where I need to make adjustments.

Fractal Design Define Mini mATX Computer Case
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=58474&promoid=1371
$94.99

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1X8GB PCI-12800 DDR3-1600 1.5V CL9 Single Memory Module *IR-$24*
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=68901
$59.99

ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=49597&promoid=1371
$19.99

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive - OEM
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=65701&promoid=1371
$69.99

Intel Core i5 3470 Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.2GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=72279
$199.99 (hopefully with price match)

ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 mATX LGA1155 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=82308
$59.99 (hopefully with price match)

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 980MHZ 1033MHZ-BOOST 2GB 6GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E Video Card
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=81757
$189.99

Corsair CX Series CX500 500W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply 120mm Fan
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76035&promoid=1021

Microsoft Windows 8 64Bit Full Version English OEM
$97.99

Grand Total $852.91

Old
04-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Richie10

This may sound dumb, but I'm really leaning toward a custom computer. However, I don't have much mechanical inclination so I'm uncomfortable with building the thing myself. Don't really know anyone IRL that could build it for me, but I believe Fry's offers to build custom computers for you? I'm not sure if that's fiscally worth it, but that's where I'm at.

My budget is closer to $2000 at this point (versus the 1500 I previously had in the last post). Again, I want to be able to have a high end PC gaming experience and I would like a machine that's somewhat future proofed. I've been a console gamer my entire life and have always wanted to get into PC gaming. I would like to get into WoW, specifically. I usually game around 10-15 hours per week.

Should I spend the money to build a custom computer and have someone else build it for me? Or should I go back to the preassembled desktop route and possibly just add a nice graphics card?

Once again, the $2000 has to go toward:

Desktop
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Desk
Chair

Old
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordant concord View Post
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 980MHZ 1033MHZ-BOOST 2GB 6GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E Video Card
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=81757
$189.99
At that price you'd be better off with a 660 or 7870, or if you want to spend $50 more, a 7870 XT. Everything else looks good.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordant concord View Post
I live near NCIX (Canadian retailer). I want to purchase the computer parts from this retailer as I won't incur any shipping costs. Additionally, they have a price match policy with Canadian retailers (Newegg.ca, bestbuy.ca, staples.ca etc., not the US sites though).

Originally, I was considering blowing $1700 Canadian on the new Samsung Series 7 Chronos with AMD 8870. However, it looks like there are some issues with that platform, so I'm going to go the desktop route for now and possibly get a cheaper ultrabook next year to replace my early 2008 macbook.

I'm not really much of a gamer, but felt like I wanted to future proof the system as much as possible. I don't really care about overclocking though.

Now I'll also have a reason to take advantage of my 24 inch 1080p display, and possibly catch up with old friends online.

This is what I've put together so far. Please let me know where I need to make adjustments...

Grand Total $852.91
I guess the only things i'd look at are the case and processor.

Why mini-ATX? I'd probably get a less expensive case and then pay the extra $40 for a i5 3570k which allows overclocking down the road.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:
This may sound dumb, but I'm really leaning toward a custom computer. However, I don't have much mechanical inclination so I'm uncomfortable with building the thing myself. Don't really know anyone IRL that could build it for me, but I believe Fry's offers to build custom computers for you? I'm not sure if that's fiscally worth it, but that's where I'm at.

My budget is closer to $2000 at this point (versus the 1500 I previously had in the last post). Again, I want to be able to have a high end PC gaming experience and I would like a machine that's somewhat future proofed. I've been a console gamer my entire life and have always wanted to get into PC gaming. I would like to get into WoW, specifically. I usually game around 10-15 hours per week.

Should I spend the money to build a custom computer and have someone else build it for me? Or should I go back to the preassembled desktop route and possibly just add a nice graphics card?

Desktop
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Desk
Chair
What do you mean on the mechanical inclination part? Putting together a PC now is pretty easy. The Ikea Desk is probably harder to put together.

Here's some videos from newegg:

Old
04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
Quote:

Desktop
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Desk
Chair
Desk (from Ikea): BORGSJÖ @ $59 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40220972/

Chair (from Ikea again, lol): TORKEL @ $59.99 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30212487/

Computer with monitor:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($122.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($161.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech MK520 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard w/Laser Mouse ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Speakers: Logitech Z323 30W 2.1ch Speakers ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1693.84
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-18 16:28 EDT-0400)

Total: $1812.83 before taxes. Easily enough room for an upgrade to an i7-3770k and a better cooler, if you so desire.

Closed Thread