HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bruising fingers while shooting

Old
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Bruising fingers while shooting

During the "screw around before class" period yesterday, I managed to give myself a pretty significant bruise on the very point of my top-hand middle finger. I know when it happened, cause it hurt like heck and immediately turned purplish, which leads me to believe I busted a little blood vessel or something. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how shooting would do this.

I was just taking (terrible) wrist shots as the boards trying to get some sort of consistency in being able to load the stick, and on one of them I guess I caught it just right on the ice so that it snapped back against my top hand or something. All I know is in the half-moment after I let the shot go, the stick kind of jerked in my hand and the top of my middle finger felt like I'd given it a pretty good electric shock. I pulled my glove off and noticed it was already bruising.

Any clues what I might have done and tips on how to never do it again?

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Hooah4

vCash: 500
sounds like the shaft tourqued in your hands. Happens when I don't have a sufficient grip on my stick when taking a shot.

Hooah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
grip, if you are taking slap shots grip as had as you can when you shoot.

1. it forces where your bottom hand is to be the flex point on teh shot, if you have a looe hand it will come off funny or with no power.

2. it reduces the vibration and "recoil" for lack of a better word, this will avoid bruising and/or other injury as well.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote